John Brayford

Shamblez

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Although whoever sanctioned Commons sale needs shooting

Not really.

Commons was offered exactly the contract he had asked for, but then decided that he wasn't going to accept it after all. We weren't going anywhere that season, and he was going on a Bosman at the end of it. Getting a fee for him was just common sense.

Not really.

Commons was offered exactly the contract he had asked for, but then decided that he wasn't going to accept it after all. We weren't going anywhere that season, and he was going on a Bosman at the end of it. Getting a fee for him was just common sense.

Sorry was a little joke, one for older members who know I used to go to bed with a Commons poster on my ceiling to wake up to

Sorry was a little joke, one for older members who know I used to go to bed with a Commons poster on my ceiling to wake up to

Older members?

I'm about the same age as Utch

You never like to see a key player being sold. I was incensed at the thought of selling Shackell. I am not exactly enthused at the thought of Brayford leaving either, but I can certainly sympathise with Clough and the club here.

Shackell had been here for one year, was touted as being a key figure in the team for years to come and let's face it, at best, Burnley was a sideways move. That was the frustration.

In this case, it's different. Brayford has been here for almost three years and his contract is running down so it does lend itself to the idea of him wanting a new challenge and us being in a position where we can still make a tidy profit.

I don't imagine that's the case. I imagine Brayford is happy here and loyal to Clough and his vision for the club and that the Cardiff interest could possibly be used as leverage during contract negotiations and nothing more.

But adversely if that's not the case, then I would completely understand the move. Cardiff regularly finish in the top six and are on course for promotion this season. Even if they were to somehow implode this season, they are in a position where they can pick themselves up, dust themselves down and go again next year. Can you say the same about us?

In an ideal world, Shackell would still be here and we would be able to resist interest in the likes of Hughes and Brayford and we'd be seeing the team Clough has built in its entirety.

But clearly when you have £30m debt and yearly deficits to service, as I understand it, something has to give. I certainly would favour selling someone like Brayford if it meant we could keep Hughes for another 6-12 months.

Now, I may have missed something on here, or on the DET, but I have read no where other than 'my mate told me...' that Brayford is going to go. So is this just speculation or is there any actual truth?

Yes ofcourse there is truth. TWITTER SAYS SO.

But honestly? No. It's just pure speculation. People talking as though it's actually going to happen when it's clearly just a rumour that will not be materialising. The more pages this thread gets, the more people that care about him. It's just passion in the form of discussion.

Seems to be a lot of speculation though, been doing the rounds in the press, and it's not as though it's just one or two people saying it, there are quite a few!

No smoke without fire and all that.

except for smoke bombs

Archived