John Brayford

Shamblez

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best RB in the league, and still got 10 years left in him. Anything less than £4 million is a straight rejection

Agree but if someone bidded 3 million i would accept out of personal choice. I want to think Freeman is good enough and just think what we could do with 1.5 million (the other 1.5 million will be swallowed up by the board). Clough signed Brayford for around 300k i think (correct me if wrong). Another one of them would do.

To be fair to clough he has done well in the transfer window and i think he would use the money well. Bryson, Ward, Fielding, Coutts, Jacobs, Legzdins. All under 1 million signings and good at this level.

I will say though that we need a little bit more class to get us in the top 6. But thanks to the average age and the academy this team will get better each year.

Agree but if someone bidded 3 million i would accept out of personal choice. I want to think Freeman is good enough and just think what we could do with 1.5 million (the other 1.5 million will be swallowed up by the board). Clough signed Brayford for around 300k i think (correct me if wrong). Another one of them would do.

To be fair to clough he has done well in the transfer window and i think he would use the money well. Bryson, Ward, Fielding, Coutts, Jacobs, Legzdins. All under 1 million signings and good at this level.

I will say though that we need a little bit more class to get us in the top 6. But thanks to the average age and the academy this team will get better each year.

I actually think Brayford was £800,000, because him and Bailey were £1.6 million together. (Brayford may have even been slightly more because Bailey wasn't as well known)

i thought they were 800k together?

In a 'Player' interview,shortly after their signing,Clough said that in view of speculation regarding size of fee,and not wishing undue pressure to be heaped on young players,the pair were signed for a small fee up front and that the joint fee could rise to £800k.

So,not only a good ref,but......

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/d/derby_county/8681399.stm

Brayford can not have been much more than 600k.

Says here both combined were less than 1 million.

Anyway Brayford being sold would be good for the player in terms of his development and establishing himself as premier league player but Derby may suffer depending on the amount. more than 2.5 million and i think it would be beneficial for the football club.

Does anyone have any confidence in the owners and board to make the right transfer decisions for the benefit of the club and team?

Yes, I think Clough will have a say in whether we sell or not and in Rush I think we have the perfect person for getting the best price possible.

• 2 weeks later...

I think he would be an expensive signing for Cardiff of they paid what clough wants, he is a player close to the manager much likr Barker in a way, who i always assumed would be here for as long as Clough was here, 3million turned down in the past from the baggies... So, i think 4 million, perhaps... And he isnt worth that.

I doubt he'll move but for the sort of price we'll get, we could reinvest it elsewhere and be much better off

Well unless you are personally involved in negotiations, you can only post what you've been told. Therefore it is apparently.

Talks are advanced and expected to conclude soon. We'll see.

Well, we HAVE been told that Forest are about to announce half a dozen 'stellar signings' - it makes for a few minutes entertainment taking the mickey out of them, especially when they don't land Beckham, Iniesta etc. I would think that a Cardiff fan coming over to a Derby forum posting about his latest 'in the know' hot tip is more than likely likely to be on a wind-up mission as opposed to anything else.

Archived