Worst lie you've told one of your children?

Coneheadjohn

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

It will make you blind.

I vividly remember my mum telling me at about the age of 6 that if i didn't stop playing with it then it would fall off. And I believed her for a couple of miserable years

The worst lie I ever told my eldest when he was little was that Soreen fruit loaf was chocolate

16 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

I vividly remember my mum telling me at about the age of 6 that if i didn't stop playing with it then it would fall off. And I believed her for a couple of miserable years

The worst lie I ever told my eldest when he was little was that Soreen fruit loaf was chocolate

You monster.

I can't think of one I've told mine but when I was younger, my Dad told me never to press the button on the end of the handbrake as it's the ejector seat.

About five years later, I still believed it and reminded him of it when he went  to press the button. He told me not to be so stupid.

Parents eh?

My parents once told me that we were going to see my grandma (who I loved going to see) for the weekend. Didn't know any better until we actually reached Birmingham airport and boarded a plane to Copenhagen.

I had a very lucky childhood.

Mine would never get out the bath, so when we used to let the water out we told them the noise the plug hole made was the plug hole monster coming to eat them!!!!! Haha they used to jump straight out......just so I could get back to the DCFC forum :thumbsup:

21 hours ago, PodgeyRam said:

My parents once told me that we were going to see my grandma (who I loved going to see) for the weekend. Didn't know any better until we actually reached Birmingham airport and boarded a plane to Copenhagen.

Did similar, they like that lie.

One they didn't is stop shouting and falling out, santa will take one present off your list if he hears. Worked for a few years mind.

On 03/03/2017 at 22:17, PodgeyRam said:

Gone straight into the mental book of "cool dad stuff" I'm compiling in my head for when I have kids one day. Thanks for that one :lol:

Archived