16/17 Captain Conundrum

Day

1 hour ago, Robbie Ram said:

A bag of nuts and a blood orange maybe.

Which school did you go to mate. Was it run by the RNIB by any chance.

The word is spelt captain....

I could explain it, but then you'd look really stupid, and that would never do.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 14/07/2016 at 14:38, curtains said:

Keogh thinks he is the bees knees right. 

Thats why Clement didn't want him as Captain allegedly. 

This is just a nasty needless allegation that you've made up simply to try to prove your point.

Not only is it extremely sad and pathetic to make up evidence to support what you're trying to say, you're spreading malicious rumours about our current player of the year in the process.

You ought to be ashamed.

1 hour ago, Tombo said:

This is just a nasty needless allegation that you've made up simply to try to prove your point.

Not only is it extremely sad and pathetic to make up evidence to support what you're trying to say, you're spreading malicious rumours about our current player of the year in the process.

You ought to be ashamed.

Why didn't Clement want Keogh as Captain do you know then. 

Come on you tell me .

Give me the reason. 

I am reporting what I was told .

47 minutes ago, curtains said:

Why didn't Clement want Keogh as Captain do you know then. 

Come on you tell me .

Give me the reason. 

I am reporting what I was told .

That is an argument more suited to an imbecile.

For all your faults, @curtains, you're better than that.

I'd love to see Hughes grow into the role. Pretty much 3 seasons ever present Keogh otherwise, although I'm wondering if he has too many ghosts of our recent failings haunting his and our progression. Not that i think he is more responsible in any way. sadly, he's often a fans favourite for a houndin'.  Bryson club captain. 

6 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I'd love to see Hughes grow into the role. Pretty much 3 seasons ever present Keogh otherwise, although I'm wondering if he has too many ghosts of our recent failings haunting his and our progression. Not that i think he is more responsible in any way. sadly, he's often a fans favourite for a houndin'.  Bryson club captain. 

I'd just about agree Will could in future be a captain, but doesn't strike me as having enough presence or maturity to be captain. You echo my thoughts on Keogh but I'd probably go with him but close between him or Shackell for me. Bryson as club captain would be apt, as with our midfield options he's not always a guaranteed starter.

Captain - Keogh for me, the idea his performances drop with the armband on is rubbish, his performances drop when he doesn't have a regular CB partner. Never gets injured, from what I hear everyone in the dressing room looks up to and respects him, despite what Curtains insinuates earlier on in the thread. 

Vice Captain - Thorne/Bryson. True leaders on the pitch, everyone knows what they're about. When we go a goal down they're always the ones getting everyone back up off their knees.

As a  side note, I thought it was interesting that Forsyth was made captain for the first half against Benfica, not Carson. Perhaps Pearson is going to push Fozzy further up in the squads heirarchy. He didn't seem burdened by it.

20 hours ago, EastHertsRam said:

I'm looking forward to Shackell telling Pearson to eff off after being told to applaud the travelling fans like he did to DW at Rotherham. :whistle:

Shackell told Dyche to "go forth and multiply" last summer - I am sure he'd do the same to any manager.

Archived