Richard Keogh Appreciation Thread

Cam the Ram

After hearing his interview the other day, it's clear to see he knows of fan's opinions about him on social media. There's a chance he may have also read parts of this forum before or been told about it (Owen Bradley and Mel Morris browse on here so you never know, the players may have a quick glance to see what people think of them) and I wanted to make a thread to show him how much I/we appreciate his performances and the effort he puts in for Derby County.

Another fantastic performance again tonight against Birmingham, keep it up Keogh!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've always liked him, but taking the captaincy off him has been a masterstroke.

I believed it would be for the best if he moved on on the summer, for his own sake if nothing else, people were just too set against him to ever think he'd turn it round.

So glad he didn't take the escape route, consistently our best defender so far this season, he seems to be relishing the opportunity to shove the taunts down people's throats. 

I still want him to have an excellent season and then go on twitter and say "Thanks for your support during the 14/15 season. Bye"... as he moves on to bigger and better things. 

Heard and seen so much abuse aimed at him. He's not a faultless defender and neither is he immune to fair criticism. But he's a hell of a lot better than most we've had and we sure are better off now than before he arrived. The actual hate directed at him has been too much to pretend never happened. People have looked to blame him for the tiniest things. Chris Martin could score a 30yrd own goal and the first question out of a section of our fans would be "What could Keogh have done to stop that?" 

He's been targeted. Not by the majority but by enough. And not just by facebook plastics and twitter warriors

I don't think taking the captaincy off him has made any difference and don't think he is playing any better, he was always a good player, maybe having a better player in shackell next to him makes people think his form has changed. To be honest I didn't think last night was one of his best games.

Hes gone from least popular player to derbys love child in 6 months. The fickle fans of football.

so now we only have to wait for warnock, Christie, fozzie, grant, Dawkins, Russell, bent, sammon to have their fortunes change and you never know, maybe the fans will be able to support the full team.

some people already had Christie - 5 written in their match rating for last night before kick off.

Now so far he has been had a very good  season. But he couldn't handle their big man last night. We are going to face a lot of teams who play a system like that. Big strong lad up top. Needs to win more of those duels. 

Thought it was a cracking duel..... Donaldson ain't a mug.... Thought he handled him fairly well... Especially close to or in box.... Halfway line agreed probably let him have it a bit too much....

I reckon we have two of the best CBs in the league. Keogh is a massive presence at the back. Those psycho eyes would scare a lot of strikers alone!! I'd hate to face him on the field. 

Love his 'loose racehorse' moments too. 

Archived