Richard Keogh Appreciation Thread

Cam the Ram

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've always stood by Keogh and I agree with others saying he was one of our better players at the end of last season.

I think that maybe as Captain, though, Keogh thought he had the whole responsibility of the defense on his shoulders and would try to cover for everyone else and ultimately find himself out of position as a result of trying to do too much.

Now without the captaincy he can almost relax a little and just focus on his own role and not have yo cover for everyone else. The fact he has Keogh at his side and Thorne in front of him may also be a factor in this.

2 Keoghs at CB? 

Two Keogh's side by side, intriguing prospect but i fear they would never get along

Agree with most of your points.  Keogh is now able to concentrate on his job better and it shows, seems like he's enjoying his football again and that has to be a good thing for the team as a disgruntled Keogh is probably best avoided.

Meant to put Shackell but I had Keogh on the brain!

Was a fan. Remain a fan.

Some of the abuse he received was disgraceful. I very much hope his positivity continues for the rest of the season and is rewarded with promotion. 

With all the improvement however,  it would be nice to see some more clean sheets. For the defence as a whole.

Never doubted Keogh, thought he was solid last season, never come away from a game thinking he played poor,  even with all the chopping and changing of personnel around him.

I am just delighted at how he has achieved a settled partnership with Shackle.

My impression is that he feels responsible for the whole back 4 if anyone is not on their game.  He lost confidence in too many of his team mates in the latter part of last season.  He seemed to want to cover for everyone. The end result being he covered for no one and made mistakes in his own zone because his attention was diverted.

I think he trusts Shacks so is now focused on his own role which he does pretty damn well

I hope it is but I thought he should've been captain. He commands the team much better than Baird.

I agree but I'm willing to give Baird a chance its early days and Clement has shown faith in him. 

Hes Clements choice and I don't know how he interacts with the players yet   but he could be a very good choice and leader for us .

Archived