What Are You Listening To?

AndyB

• 3 years later...
On 17/06/2015 at 22:49, i-Ram said:

The genius that is Foals. New single What Went Down is just brilliant and can't wait for new album in August.

4 years late, I know, but no matter how much I try, I just can’t get into them. I find them pretty boring.

Hopefully something clicks before I see them at Ynot a festival in July.

3 hours ago, BurtonRam7 said:

4 years late, I know, but no matter how much I try, I just can’t get into them. I find them pretty boring.

Hopefully something clicks before I see them at Ynot a festival in July.

New album was released today. Only found time to play it the once, but it is a bit of a reversion back to their early days, and a bit more ‘dancey’.  Even if nothing clicks before Ynot you will surely enjoy them - they are a brilliant live band - get yourself up the front. Looks like a really good line-up for the festival.  Enjoy buddy.

• 2 weeks later...

Scott Walker died today. I'm not one for getting all maudlin about celebrities passing, but it's a good excuse to listen to his music.

Walker had such an interesting career path, going from proto boy band The Walker Brothers to big band to increasingly avant-garde compositions in his later career. Personally I love his Jacques Brel covers the most.