Florida

Day

Devastating scenes over there for the second time in just a couple of weeks.

A former member, who hasn’t got many nice words to say about myself…ahem…moved out there, assuming they still live out in Florida, and that they are reading. I sincerely hope that you, your family, friends and colleagues have not been badly hit by the hurricanes.

Sky News reporting that everything which stood in Milton’s path has been wiped away, homes completely lifted from their foundations, with multiple deaths. No death toll been confirmed as yet.

With all the wars taking place around the world over boundary lines, we have a planet that can bring just as much devastation out of nowhere. Pretty scary and grim for the Florida people counting their losses this morning.

8 hours ago, Foreveram said:

Although obviously there is areas on the coast where they have been badly hit and people have lost their lives, my son, who is in Orlando right now messaged me earlier to say, it’s not bad here, just a bit wet and windy.

The hurricane was not as horrible as many feared, even as it was bad enough, with tornadoes wreaking havoc before the storm.

8 hours ago, Day said:

Devastating scenes over there for the second time in just a couple of weeks.

A former member, who hasn’t got many nice words to say about myself…ahem…moved out there, assuming they still live out in Florida, and that they are reading. I sincerely hope that you, your family, friends and colleagues have not been badly hit by the hurricanes.

Any chance you can narrow the list down a bit for me?

The gulf of Mexico gets a battering every year. It’s sad for those in Florida, but this is only news because it’s the US.

The likes of Cuba, Haiti, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic and Mexico get this every year.

Rising sea temperatures will only see it get worse in that region.