Sheff UTD (A) - Match Thread

Eoghan1884

Just now, rammieib said:

Nelson not playing well. Twice he’s gone on ventures and lost the ball.

Shocking defending from free kick.

Four players in a wall for a free kick on edge of the box. Smallest man on the edge of that wall.

Do we not plan this stuff?

I'm sure we do but it's a game of football,not everything goes to plan or noone would ever score.

Just now, rammieib said:

Nelson not playing well. Twice he’s gone on ventures and lost the ball.

Shocking defending from free kick.

Four players in a wall for a free kick on edge of the box. Smallest man on the edge of that wall.

Do we not plan this stuff?

Ultimately a terrifically gifted player has just lamped in a beautiful free kick off the inside of the post. Sometimes you just have to hold your hands up and say it was a superb effort. A player 3 inches taller than Osborn barely alters that. 

Now I have doubts about whether it was actually a free kick in the first instance… 

1 minute ago, AutoWindscreens said:

Was anyone else thinking why is Osborn on the end of the wall?

and with only 3 in there as well surely you'd have 4 as it was that close to the box. Either way it was well struck can't complain too much.

3 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Ultimately a terrifically gifted player has just lamped in a beautiful free kick off the inside of the post. Sometimes you just have to hold your hands up and say it was a superb effort. A player 3 inches taller than Osborn barely alters that. 

Now I have doubts about whether it was actually a free kick in the first instance… 

The strike was excellent - my point is that the opportunity to take it like that is not on (or anywhere as easy) if you have someone 6-8 inches higher on the edge of the wall.

That tall player jumps, it deflects over the bar.

Edited by rammieib

2 minutes ago, rammieib said:

The strike was excellent - my point is that the opportunity to take it like that is not on (or anywhere as easy) if you have someone 6-8 inches higher on the edge of the wall.

That tall player jumps, it reflects over the bar.

The goal didn’t go over Osborn’s head. A dubious free kick. A superb goal. No need to point blame other than Nelson losing the ball in a dangerous place. 

IMG_2285.jpeg