Kayden Jackson

justthisone

11 minutes ago, Magicman said:

CBT has done zero in 8 months at DCFC 

I know you don't like him, that's fine. I've not been impressed either. But, this is a bit disingenuous in two ways.

Of those 8 months, the best part of 3 months have been the summer break.
He hasn't done much of note, but the performance against Portsmouth was a clear indicator of the player we'd signed.

It's a questionable signing, for sure, but he's not had a consistent run of injury-free squad appearances. 

24 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

This is my point about first impressions, CBT has the same skill set and attributes as KJ but came in injured and didn’t hit the ground running. He’s been injured for the majority of his time here. No doubt there is a player in there, but footballers at this level struggle when unsettled. The fluctuations in player performances at the second level in this country are huge - good players seemingly turn great or s*** overnight. They’re all looking to essentially ride the crest of a wave.

Jackson puts in a hell of s hift for a full 90, both defensively and offensively. Blackett-Taylor needs to work on the defensive side of his game, just like Mendez-Laing did  during Warne's first season with us. If he does that (and stays fit), he could be our best winger.

16 minutes ago, Magicman said:

CBT has done zero in 8 months at DCFC 

Perhaps if he was slotted into Saturday's team, we would see the 'real' CBT?

The fact is that some signings don't work for whatever reason, Jackson seems to have seamlessly slotted into the team and suits our playing style and is settled at the club. Yates didn't seem very happy at Swansea but seemed really comfortable in his first outing here. Hopefully, CBT with a new team dynamic, will be a changed player.🤞

8 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

I know you don't like him, that's fine. I've not been impressed either. But, this is a bit disingenuous in two ways.

He hasn't done much of note, but the performance against Portsmouth was a clear indicator of the player we'd signed.

It's a questionable signing, for sure, but he's not had a consistent run of injury-free squad appearances. 

Well Adams came at the same and after being injured at Cardiff. He has been a smash hit unlike CBT who fails every time he is on the pitch. Lazy and seems uninterested. 

3 minutes ago, Magicman said:

Well Adams came at the same and after being injured at Cardiff. He has been a smash hit unlike CBT who fails every time he is on the pitch. Lazy and seems uninterested. 

But Adams has been fit and available for selection since. Apples and oranges. 

I'll stop trying to be reasonable now - you're obviously not capable of it.

27 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

I agree Animal.  For example, if you take Callum Elder, I'd been just as disappointed with him from his appearances last season as I am currently with CBT.

CE has been fantastic so far this season, and whilst it's only a few games he feels like a new signing and a different player, which has to be down to a proper pre-season, being injury free and building confidence, which in my opinion is huge at this level. 

Lets hope this continues. 

That said, I am still very much in doubt about CBT.  As you stated the Portsmouth performance was an indicator and he clearly has pace to burn which PW likes in his front three, although he doesn't seem to have that work ethic which KJ is demonstrating. 

I know some have already made their minds up about CBT, but I'll reserve final judgement after a consistent run of injury free games.

Worst case, I don't think we will lose money on him.  

Gangway D from the terrace

Edited by GangwayD

2 minutes ago, GangwayD said:

I agree Animal.  For example, if you take Callum Elder, I'd been just as disappointed with him from his appearances last season as I am currently with CBT.

CE has been fantastic so far this season, and whilst it's only a few games he feels like a new signing and a different player, which has to be down to a proper pre-season, being injury free and building confidence, which in my opinion is huge at this level. 

Lets hope this continues. 

That said, I am still very much in doubt about CBT.  As you stated the Portsmouth performance was an indicator and he clearly has pace to burn which PW likes in his front three, although he doesn't seem to have that work ethic.  I know some have already made their minds up about him, but I'll reserve final judgement after a consistent run of injury free games.

Worst case, I don't think we will lose money on him.  

Gangway D from the terrace

Totally agree. Elder has been an excellent example, and I'm of the same mind as you with CBT.

Think Jackson has been fantastic. A bit of a no frills player, but he puts a shift in, and always wants the ball. Couple that with his pace, and something always seems likely to happen when the ball goes down his channel. He fits our system, and compliments Mendez-Laing well, seeing as Jackson likes to get in behind and exploit the gaps, and NML prefers to pick the ball up deeper and drive forward/cut inside. Hopefully Jerry Yates has settled now and will complement those two even further. I do still fear injuries to our front three will severely hamper us if or when they happen.

2 hours ago, Animal is a Ram said:

But Adams has been fit and available for selection since. Apples and oranges. 

I'll stop trying to be reasonable now - you're obviously not capable of it.

Not all just , saying CBT has been fit but whenever that rare moment happens  he does nothing . He will continue to be another sicknote waster. 

On 02/09/2024 at 13:47, Magicman said:

Not all just , saying CBT has been fit but whenever that rare moment happens  he does nothing . He will continue to be another sicknote waster. 

Remember all, please no personal insults against other anonymous posters on the forum. Please keep the personal insults for players/staff at the club we all support, they deserve it.

On 02/09/2024 at 09:32, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

That signing looks more and more weird as time goes on, something just not working there.

CBT was a good player at Charlton and our major target at time when money was very tight. 

I think it's a mental thing. If only there was some form of treatment - or therapy if you will - that could get him out of this negative cycle by getting him to think differently about his circumstances by breaking down his problems and identifying and rationalising his negative thoughts. 

Edited by vonwright

One thing I think is worth drawing attention to is the role Jackson had in getting us a foothold in the game against Bristol with his movement. He almost gets in on 4-5 separate occasions and in particular his clever across the backline to the other wing, I think started getting the Bristol backline to drop back and giving us a bit more space to play.

9 hours ago, vonwright said:

CBT was a good player at Charlton and our major target at time when money was very tight. 

I think it's a mental thing. If only there was some form of treatment - or therapy if you will - that could get him out of this negative cycle by getting him to think differently about his circumstances by breaking down his problems and identifying and rationalising his negative thoughts. 

CBT played 12 time, scored 0 one assist ( very good ) looks like the next Jordon  Ibe or Nick Blackman. Get shot asap. 

Edited by Magicman

1 minute ago, Magicman said:

CBT played 12 time, scored 0 one assist ( very good ) looks like the next Jason Ibe or Nick Blackman. Get shot asap. 

I didn't know we'd once signed JORDAN Ibe's brother?

BTW - Ibe was brilliant for us first time around and has suffered from severe mental health issues over the last few years. Digging him out is a cheap shot IMO.

5 hours ago, Crewton said:

I didn't know we'd once signed JORDAN Ibe's brother?

BTW - Ibe was brilliant for us first time around and has suffered from severe mental health issues over the last few years. Digging him out is a cheap shot IMO.

JORDON 

Agree though, he was superb for us.

Edited by vonwright

Jackson's looked great so far - he got in really good positions in pre-season but now he's finishing his chances. Great work ethic.

As for CBT, he's definitely got ability but didn't hit the ground running and has had injuries. He's got pace, good feet, and can cause problems on the left when he's playing well. Hopefully, he'll get his head down and make a case for being in the match day squad soon.

Don't forget that Jackson is 4-5 years older than CBT and was doing not much at a low level until he had a good 17/18 season with Accrington Stanley ('oo are they!?) and Ipswich picked him up. Maybe Jackson would be good mentor for CBT.