DCFC1388

21 hours ago, LazloW said:

JWW

Nyambe Bradley Nelson Forsyth

Ozoh

Adams Osborn

NML Jackson

Yates

I like Kenzo - and he would play most games for me from what I’ve seen so far - but I would go for as tight and combative a midfield as I could as I reckon this could be another backs to the wall game (not much creativity but not sure that matters).  Use Jackson’s and NMLs pace as an outlet. Vickers would be unlucky to be dropped but I assume JWW was bought in as he is a better bet, so pick your best keeper I would say (obviously if he’s not shown much in training then Vickers gets another chance to impress). I’m assuming Yates can play now and as I’m not a huge fan of the general play of Collins, I would chuck him straight in too. 

I am a little disappointed that we don’t have any other defenders to bring in. Quite happy with the transfer business we have done but it has ground to a halt (without even much in the way of decent rumours).  

I think Kenzo is finding the phsicalality of the Champ hard to adjust to . He is supposed to be our creative midfielder but you have to fend off the strong challenges to make chances in this league . He is only small but players like O’Hare (Shef U ) have managed to make an impact . 

3 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

I think Kenzo is finding the phsicalality of the Champ hard to adjust to . He is supposed to be our creative midfielder but you have to fend off the strong challenges to make chances in this league . He is only small but players like O’Hare (Shef U ) have managed to make an impact . 

It's been 2 games, and let's face it, we didn't even have the ball last week. Kenzo is a deeper midfielder than O'Hare. He's creative in the fact he has a decent range of passing, he's not a dribbler, edge of the box type like O'Hare is. Bit early to flag him as struggling.

I thought he did get knocked off a couple of times early against Boro but to his credit, he then seemed to up it and became a little more tenacious and got better during the game.

Just now, Srg said:

It's been 2 games, and let's face it, we didn't even have the ball last week. Kenzo is a deeper midfielder than O'Hare. He's creative in the fact he has a decent range of passing, he's not a dribbler, edge of the box type like O'Hare is. Bit early to flag him as struggling.

I thought he did get knocked off a couple of times early against Boro but to his credit, he then seemed to up it and became a little more tenacious and got better during the game.

Let’s face it, who is he going to pass to?

Ozoh and Osborn aren’t that creative and NML’s touch so far has been abysmal. 
I think he will benefit from Yates’ return and we desperately need a number ten.

I'm of the opinion that Kenzo has the attributes you can't teach easily/at all (vision, choice of pass) and needs to improve on the things that can be coached - being harder to knock off the ball, and getting used to the physicality of this league.

As long as he doesn't lose the creativity he's shown (albeit only in glimpses, so far) in chasing the physicality, we're on to a winner. 

6 minutes ago, SECornerRAM said:

Warne may have been 'lucky' and got out of a tricky decision 

Vickers got an injury in training 

1. Do you have a source for that as a scour of the internet didn't throw up any links to any new injury?

2. ... or is it a flare up of the back issue he got in the game against Boro last weekend?

26 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I think he will benefit from Yates’ return and we desperately need a number ten.

That's fair, not like there's a huge amount of option ahead of him.

33 minutes ago, Srg said:

That's fair, not like there's a huge amount of option ahead of him.

NML won’t have as much time now to bring the ball under control . Watching Osborn, you can see the difference. Mendez will be 34 by the time his contract is up , hope we get VFM . ( And please leave the dead-balls to Osborn). 

Oddly this morning I've been offered the chance to invest in Watford! Who are seemingly in the process of raising £4m through a round of share issues, with them valuing themselves at £175m. Somehow I don't think I'll bother, but it's an interesting idea for us. Might put more details in the Investment thread.

2 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

NML won’t have as much time now to bring the ball under control . Watching Osborn, you can see the difference. Mendez will be 34 by the time his contract is up , hope we get VFM . ( And please leave the dead-balls to Osborn). 

I must admit, as much as I love NML, I was hoping for him as more of a rotational option this year. Higher standard, age and give him more rest to be able to impact games in shorter bursts.

30 minutes ago, Srg said:

I must admit, as much as I love NML, I was hoping for him as more of a rotational option this year. Higher standard, age and give him more rest to be able to impact games in shorter bursts.

Absolutely agree with this. First two games his touch and decision making has been poor.

I said in the summer that I think CBT is the one we see as the replacement and the chance to rotate NML. But obviously that hasn't worked out as of yet.

7 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

I’m with you on this considering the Boro game. But I did see Kenzo passing at Rovers and I expect we’ll get a bit of space, as the away side, to play a bit further up the pitch at Watford. 

1 minute ago, SECornerRAM said:

Looks like Osborn is a doubt 

Our squad is looking very light once we have a few injuries. Surely in this coming week we may need to bite the bullet and get a few in to make sure we have the numbers even if they aren’t of the quality we set out for at the start of the window.