Is this our worst Championship team since 08?

9 minutes ago, Magicman said:

We will need to get the keeper, strikers and gel them together soon. Avoiding relegation is our priority . Cloughs' teams were often boring to watch.

Nigel had to cut the budget by half . He had to drop Stephen Davis because of add-ons and play Theo up front . He brought kids through and managed to beat MClarens Florists 1-0 away with 10 men . Was his team worse than the present crop , hard to say . But come Saturday tea time - we could be looking at things differently. 

As of right now, it probably is the weakest squad we've gone into a championship season with since 2008. That's not to say it's all doom and gloom, I think that's just realistic. Does the squad, or, squad with some incomings by the end of the window have enough to stay up and then we'll start building ourselves up again as a championship club - probably, but will need to be better than last Friday, might need a fare wind with injuries as well.

Probably the weakest in this division since Gearge Burley's first season.

7 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

I’m not attempting to troll anyone. 

This forum is unfortunately becoming a mini version of Twitter. Rather than debating the point, or ignoring it, too many are content to leave snide comments or derail topics with personal agendas based on who said what, not what was actually said.

It would probably be better off if David changed everybody’s name to anonymous and the icon to a Ram. At least then we may actually have some decent discussion without the personal jibes thrown in.

Interesting ,,,,,,, if we did the anonymous thing for a month do we reckon we could have a good chance of identifying who is who , I kind of think we would😂

Get our keeper in and spend the rest on the best possible goal scorer we can afford and I think we have a decent squad to do the job of staying up without too much drama if used properly which let’s be honest is the sole target with anything else being a bonus , with respect im not too fussed whether we think it’s better or worse than squads before it in different years , different times , different opposition, different expectations, 

Edited by Archied

9 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Carroll is better than any GK we have currently.

Mears was a decent player. Albrechtsen had played over 100 Championship games for WBA. Is that comparable to Nelson? McEverly is arguably better than Elder.

Commons and Hulse are better than anything we have now. 

Green was a solid player. Similar to Adams? 

Ellington, Kaz and Plop were awful.

I’d say that team had more individual quality than this current one.

Commons and Hulse, I give you. 

But that backline was checked out. They may have been better in their respective primes, but mentally they folded. Can't say I blame them after *that* season - and I think that counts for more than names on paper. 

1 hour ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I answered the question fairly and took it as intended, others haven’t, and Bris himself has expressed concern around the reaction to him. 

Was just offering a suggestion to avoid more of the divisive, reactive stuff on here. Like calling people snowflakes as an example 🙄 You want an open debate, you ask open questions, you want a hot take you ask a loaded question. I took a few days off from posting following the Blackburn result, perhaps I am a snowflake after all and should just carry on not bothering rather than suggesting a sensible solution to the apparent problem.

Ignore it mate. In fairness, I very much doubt it was you he was attempting to insult.

37 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Commons and Hulse, I give you. 

But that backline was checked out. They may have been better in their respective primes, but mentally they folded. Can't say I blame them after *that* season - and I think that counts for more than names on paper. 

I seem to remember the first home game of 08/09 against Southampton having Clod in the back line?

How can anything be worse than that 😆

3 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

On this point, as someone who has clashed with your style of posting in the past I’m going to volunteer some constructive feedback of which it’s up to you if you act on it. 
What is it that’s caused the reaction in this thread? How could you phrase the question differently to promote the discussion and debate you’re seeking?

My suggestion would be by using open questions to invite opinion rather than pre-loading it with an emotive word like “worst”. Something like “How does the current squad, without further additions, compare to previous championship squads” invites opinion and discussion without prefacing it with an implication that it is the worst. Just a thought. 

Blimey, as patronising posts go my Welsh friend that is right up there.

GIF by Australian Open

46 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Some of understand that, sadly some never will.

Another ‘’l’m a much better fan than you” post from the last 12 hours. I think I might set up a new thread and everyone can put their nominations forward, and then we can have a good old vote.

40 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

Ignore it mate. In fairness, I very much doubt it was you he was attempting to insult.

Your right. But I am really struggling to see who you think he was trying to insult. Are you looking for ‘top fan’ nominations too?

The team that started our 03/04 season was pretty poor, the young midfielder did ok though. 

Derby: Oakes, Hunt, Huddlestone, Mills, Elliott, Jackson, Candido Costa, Taylor, Caldwell, McLeod, Morris. Subs: Grant, Valakari, Bolder, Boertien, Tome

7 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Another ‘’l’m a much better fan than you” post from the last 12 hours. I think I might set up a new thread and everyone can put their nominations forward, and then we can have a good old vote.

No, it’s just inferiority complex kicking in.🙂

5 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

The post wasn't related to Bris. Try re-reading the comments. S-L-O-W-L-Y.

Too busy for reading back through posts, and letting facts get in the way. That’s how I thought this worked 😂

7 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

No, it’s just inferiority complex kicking in.🙂

Not on my part. I know I am well below you in the ‘I’m the biggest fan’ club. So probably does everybody else on here. Your posting style does make it pretty obvious of our collective inferiority.