v Blackburn (A) Match Thread

Day

A nice safe 0-0 will do me to be honest.

I suspect we will struggle as I don’t yet see the team properly gelling and we are still a couple of outfield players away from completion of our recruitment. 
Lack of goals and creativity I still presently see as our obvious weaknesses.

COYR 🐏

4 hours ago, Srg said:

Hopefully, that Kenzo is basically Kevin De Bruyne

Decent looking player for sure but I honestly think we are (at the moment at least) over cooking him. I’m not seeing (yet) the goalscoring chance creativity/passing.

He also needs to learn to get rid of the ball quicker as at present he has a habit of getting caught in possession- often in dangerous parts of the pitch.

Hopefully he will turn out to be the real deal but I suspect he will need a season in English football before we see the best of him.

New season enthusiasm still dormant. Perhaps the 0300 alarm for work tomorrow not helping….so it’s a dry game for me. Goals in this and I’m heading to the prediction league full of optimism with my 2-2 . Two and a half hours…. How many tickets sold anyone? 

Hope everyone who’s going enjoys our first game back in the Championship. I’m sadly at a mate’s 50th so can’t be there or even watch on Sky. I’ll settle for a 0-0 tonight to get a point on the board.

10 minutes ago, Kinder said:

Hope everyone who’s going enjoys our first game back in the Championship. I’m sadly at a mate’s 50th so can’t be there or even watch on Sky. I’ll settle for a 0-0 tonight to get a point on the board.

Is your mate a Forest fan? Bin him. 🤣

1 minute ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

It would be nice to start the season well, we put ourselves under less pressure if we don't concede too much ground early on.

As Watson remarked when his partner said he was constipated…

5 minutes ago, Matchday Fred said:

A few mins away from the first teamsheet of the season. 6 of the 12 football league founding members in the Champ this year, lots of clubs with large fan bases. Pride Park should be rocking this season, hope Warne can give us something to cheer. COYR 🐏 

You do know it’s 8 o’clock kickoff, right.

4 hours ago, IlsonDerby said:

I want to see evidence that we are capable of more composure on the ball than v Valladolid. 

Felt that out of possession we did well but that in possession we were snatching a bit and panicking a bit. Putting it down to playing la liga opposition. 

I suppose that depends on how good you have to be to get promoted from LaLiga2?

They aren't an established La Liga club right now.and might not actually be up to that level. We could just have drawn with a mirror image of ourselves in terms of quality (if not style)?

Edited by May Contain Nuts