Paris Olympics

1of4

No VAR in the trap shooting may have robbed the English woman Amber Rutter of the gold medal.

She hit both clays in one section, but despite protesting, was only given one hit.

This was in the final to decide the gold medal. She got silver!

Edited by Grumpy Git

1 hour ago, Grumpy Git said:

No VAR in the trap shooting may have robbed the English woman Amber Rutter of the gold medal.

She hit both clays in one section, but despite protesting, was only given one hit.

This was in the final to decide the gold medal. She got silver!

Even the crowd were chanting "it was a hit" - she took it very well.

BBC coverage can be really weird sometimes. It's a bit like F1 on channel 4 when they seem to think people are more interested in the presenters and pundits. 

I thought we were going to miss the Pole Vault World record because of the repetitive punditry. 

Anyway, another good day. 1 gold behind 3rd place Australia. 42 medals in total and had a few dodgy decisions against us. Obviously have to give some medals back though if all the 2nd generation Brits get deported by the "natives" so the introduction of brick throwing for the LA games is a must. 

2 minutes ago, Alph said:

BBC coverage can be really weird sometimes. It's a bit like F1 on channel 4 when they seem to think people are more interested in the presenters and pundits. 

I thought we were going to miss the Pole Vault World record because of the repetitive punditry. 

Anyway, another good day. 1 gold behind 3rd place Australia. 42 medals in total and had a few dodgy decisions against us. Obviously have to give some medals back though if all the 2nd generation Brits get deported by the "natives" so the introduction of brick throwing for the LA games is a must. 

It’s because Discovery has most of the rights this time. (Which you can get free with sky, if the sign up website actually works - it didn’t when I tried at the weekend)

2 minutes ago, Srg said:

It’s because Discovery has most of the rights this time. (Which you can get free with sky, if the sign up website actually works - it didn’t when I tried at the weekend)

I really wish I knew this sooner! Damn. 

Thanks. 👍

Yeah, Discovery+. We don't have Sky so we just paid £3.99 for a month and then cancelled. A bit galling when the Beeb have traditionally shown quite a lot for free, but on Discovery you can watch anything you like for the duration and at the end of the day £4 ain't too bad for the privilege. 

It was the same for Tokyo, Discovery had the wall-to-wall rights and the Beeb could only show two events simultaneously.

23 minutes ago, StaffsRam said:

Yeah, Discovery+. We don't have Sky so we just paid £3.99 for a month and then cancelled. A bit galling when the Beeb have traditionally shown quite a lot for free, but on Discovery you can watch anything you like for the duration and at the end of the day £4 ain't too bad for the privilege. 

It was the same for Tokyo, Discovery had the wall-to-wall rights and the Beeb could only show two events simultaneously.

Believe it’s like this until at least 2032. 

8 hours ago, StaffsRam said:

The IOC are the same type of greedy feckers as FIFA, EUFA and so on.