Rohan Luthra - signed on a 1-year-deal

1 hour ago, bucktwo said:

Where do you reckon you would place Nev in the top british keepers of the last 50 years ? 

Hes in the top 5 for me .

Someone put me right on Cloughie’s quote .. what was it ? Something like .. “well I wouldn’t say that, but I am probably in the top 1”

Anyway .. it will always be Banks and Shilton, With Clemence and Stepney not far behind. But I really liked Poom and Schmiceal . … Gawd I am getting old 🤣

14 minutes ago, jono said:

Someone put me right on Cloughie’s quote .. what was it ? Something like .. “well I wouldn’t say that, but I am probably in the top 1”

Anyway .. it will always be Banks and Shilton, With Clemence and Stepney not far behind. But I really liked Poom and Schmiceal . … Gawd I am getting old 🤣

Banks, always.

So sorry but dear old Gordon is excluded as he did not play in UK in the last 50 years !! 

No hands up if you feel a little older now !! 

Banks was forced to retire in 1973 after a car accident cost him the use of an eye. Despite the disability, 5 years later, at the age of 39, he returned to playing with the Fort Lauderdale Strikers in the North American Soccer League.

9 hours ago, jono said:

I think it was on Parkinson. Might have been the one with Ali on it? 

Something like. ' I wouldn't say I was the best manager, but I am in the top 1.'

16 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Banks, Shilton, Pat Jennings, Southall, Clemence.

Loved Pat Jennings though he had some nightmares against us. 8-2 and 5 past him two or three times.

Edited by BobdeBilder
Can't spell.

3 minutes ago, BobdeBilder said:

Loved Pat Jennings though he had some nightmares against us. 8-2 and 5 past him two or three times.

He did indeed. He also had some blinders that won them undeserved points. Spurs were a very patchy team in the 1970s. They were relegated at the end of that 8-2 season.

Why don't keepers catch the ball these days? All they do is punch it away. Annoys me no end. 

2 hours ago, nogbad van 50 said:

Showing my age as well but my top 5 UK keepers would be Banks-Shilton-Seaman-Clemence-Jennings

I think Seaman will forever be haunted by 'infamous'  big match errors : Nayim from the halfway line and Ronaldinho from a similar distance v Brazil 2002. For the most part, he was a great keeper, but I don't recall Southall making comparable gaffs.