Jacob Widell Zetterstrom - SIGNED, FINALLY - 3yr deal

Nuwtfly

I agree it’s prudent to keep other targets alive until this is done, but can’t get my head around the thinking of “that’s it, time to move on, there’s no point now” at the prospect of potentially having to wait a couple more games out of a season which is likely to be 50+ fixtures.

If he is our number one target, it is because we have decided he is the most we can get for the budget we have available. If they’re that certain in their conviction then it’s absolutely right to not give up until it’s too late.

3 minutes ago, Duracell said:

I agree it’s prudent to keep other targets alive until this is done, but can’t get my head around the thinking of “that’s it, time to move on, there’s no point now” at the prospect of potentially having to wait a couple more games out of a season which is likely to be 50+ fixtures.

If he is our number one target, it is because we have decided he is the most we can get for the budget we have available. If they’re that certain in their conviction then it’s absolutely right to not give up until it’s too late.

If he is he our number one target now, maybe there was other keepers that were our preference but for one reason or another we moved on from them? So maybe we should/will have to do that again?

FWIW I don't think we'll do anything but wait it out, so lets hope it's the right choice.

Edited by RoyMac5

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

If he is he our number one target now, maybe there was other keepers that were our preference but for one reason or another we moved on from them? So maybe we should/will have to do that again?

FWIW I don't think we'll do anything but wait it out, so lets hope it's the right choice.

It’s possible, and on the flip side, players we previously thought unavailable suddenly become an option. That sort of happened with Kenzo.

I think my main point is that if we just held our hands up and said “well that’s it, it’s obviously not happening” at any major snag, we’d never sign anybody who’s any good. I normally find it a good sign when a transfer becomes a saga - means the selling club is reluctant to let a player go because they rely on him. It’s great not to be hoovering up free-agents and squad players from the league above for a change

This will be the first time in 10 years that we have spent money on a goalkeeper, the last one was Kelle Roos where we spent 15k. We clearly think he is well worth the money & at 26 he still probably has a good 10 years left in the game so there is a good chance we will recoup the money on him & potentially make a profit.

11 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

This will be the first time in 10 years that we have spent money on a goalkeeper, the last one was Kelle Roos where we spent 15k. We clearly think he is well worth the money & at 26 he still probably has a good 10 years left in the game so there is a good chance we will recoup the money on him & potentially make a profit.

David Marshall and Scott Carson 

1 hour ago, Duracell said:

…but can’t get my head around the thinking of “that’s it, time to move on, there’s no point now” at the prospect of potentially having to wait a couple more games out of a season which is likely to be 50+ fixtures.

…plus the next 2,3,4… years depending on the contract.

I understand the desire to maximise the results this year, but investing limited resources requires more long term planning than walking away now.

(assuming he has been identified as the no1 target)

11 hours ago, i-Ram said:

You did well mate. I have twice succumbed to the buying ‘lucky Heather’ scams. They don’t explain the true costs up front. Soundproofing the basement wasn’t cheap, and there of course is the loss of benefit of that useable space. Then you have to feed them. The cost of lightbulbs too, as they do kkeep breaking them. None of this was explained at the time.

I got lucky with Heather, but it was a long time ago and I’m not sure if it counts. Why did you have sound proof the basement .. I just don’t believe you’re THAT good ? 

3 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Imagine if after all this he turns out to be rubbish

He won’t ! Within 10 games were all going to be going “Zetterstroooooooooooom”

Happy clappy ? Moi ? 

6 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

Knowing our luck with foreign signings he will be sold to Burton Albion for a few pints of Carling from the local Brewery in a few years time 😅

Do think Warne has a history of signing good keepers though.

22 minutes ago, Marriot Ram99 said:

Knowing our luck with foreign signings he will be sold to Burton Albion for a few pints of Carling from the local Brewery in a few years time 😅

Do think Warne has a history of signing good keepers though.

Victor johanson is doing pretty well. Dillon Philips is a solid keeper as well. He also brought in Daniel iversen and marek rodak on loan while at Rotherham. Josh vickers was one of his signings as well.

Jamal Blackman who he brought in seems to be the biggest bust out of the ones I’ve seen.

He may have brought in Lewis price, one of our keepers during that season, but he was signed the season he took over at Rotherham, so may not have been his signing.