Jacob Widell Zetterstrom - SIGNED, FINALLY - 3yr deal

Nuwtfly

24 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

I cant work out if ur being serious or not roy lol

i mean bradley johnson and co taught us this isnt true didnt they?? 🙈😂

The 😉 should have been a clue. It was a nod to the thread about just that. FWIW if you pay peanuts you get monkeys. 😄😉

26 minutes ago, Ram1988 said:

He could help transform our defence. Still feel we need a athletic CB though.

Only if our defenders remember how to defend. So far this season, they've looked like strangers.

32 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Only if our defenders remember how to defend. So far this season, they've looked like strangers.

Strange how we have gone from having one of the best defences in the league to an absolute shambles. It's the defensive unit even (minus Wildsmith).

Edited by Ram1988

So he played on the 20th (league), 25th (Europe) and 28th (league) of July.

The next fixtures are:

1st (Europe)

4th (league)

11th (league)

18th (league)

25th (league)

Surely he’s signing tomorrow ahead of our last friendly.

13 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Id get him over here to finalise the deal tomorrow so he can play vs Valladolid to at least get 1 game in before Blackburn

I have honestly got a feeling he will end up playing on Sunday for his club too. I hope I am wrong and we can announce him on Friday.

Hopefully when he came over he has done all media etc.

There seems to be a mixed bag of reactions to the fee we are paying out.

Plus a degree of desperate hope that we sign jayzee.

I trust this board implicitly with the business plan we have have in place and the amount of due diligence that is taking place with all the signings.

No one and I do mean no one was wild about Ebou signing on loan last year and most had never heard of him yet he has already carved his own niche into rams folklore.

There is also concern about how we are light up front which agreed does appear that way.

But all the best sides are built from the back starting with the goalkeeper.

If he keeps ten clean sheets this year then that a minimum of ten points and that's worth his fee alone .

We need a dominant goalkeeper who can command his penalty area and also marshall his defenders.

He has international experience and also European experience all be it at qualifying levels.......but experience all the same.

At twenty six he should be very coachable coming into the next ten years of his career which will be his prime.

It's every pleasing to see we are shouting further afield than just premier league squad players or the Scottish leagues.

When he signs no matter who else comes in it's been a very good window for experience and potential 

19 hours ago, DE56Ram said:

I’m guessing that we are going to be pleasantly surprised by our budget for a good enough striker. Since we’ve paid £1m for a good goalkeeper. Why not?! Surprise incoming. . . 

My thoughts too, though it may be the budget will go to the best Premier League loan we can get. 

2 hours ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I have honestly got a feeling he will end up playing on Sunday for his club too. I hope I am wrong and we can announce him on Friday.

Hopefully when he came over he has done all media etc.

Ditto. Based around the comments from the other side. I find it odd that many on here seem happy to think this is straightforward and normal. With the weird but understandsble excepltion of tonight's game and the EUFA rules over squads, if he's signing for us, that should mean he stops playing for them. 

53 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

My thoughts too, though it may be the budget will go to the best Premier League loan we can get. 

Ditto. Based around the comments from the other side. I find it odd that many on here seem happy to think this is straightforward and normal. With the weird but understandsble excepltion of tonight's game and the EUFA rules over squads, if he's signing for us, that should mean he stops playing for them. 

Max Bird signed for Bristol City and played for us.

31 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Max Bird signed for Bristol City and played for us.

He did but the difference being Bristol City signed Max Bird for a fee and then loaned him back to us for the remainder of the season, presumably as part of the deal. This guy hasn’t signed for us yet. But if the reports are to be believed, it seems that as part of the deal we let him stay with his current club  until after this set of Euro qualifiers and then he signs on for us on a reduced fee. Although, being honest none of us really know and are just joining the dots. 

Edited by Earl of Tupton

10 minutes ago, Earl of Tupton said:

He did but the difference being Bristol City signed Max Bird for a fee and then loaned him back to us for the remainder of the season, presumably as part of the deal. This guy hasn’t signed for us yet. But if the reports are to be believed, it seems that as part of the deal we let him stay with his current club  until after this set of Euro qualifiers and then he signs on for us on a reduced fee. Although, being honest none of us really know and are just joining the dots. 

So where’s the difference, you’re signing a player subject to certain conditions.

Does anyone know if it possible to see zetterstrom’s game tonight? It doesn’t look like tnt show the qualifying stages, which is a bit annoying seen as it feels like every game of football is televised nowadays apart from the ones I want to watch.