Academy Thread 2024/2025

Unfortunate to give away the penalty just before half time. I don't think they looked like scoring until then. It gave them confidence in the 2nd half. Turley coming off for Bardell disrupted us somewhat, and I think Man City deserved the win in the end.

A lot of positives to take from the performance overall, and it gives me hope we can claim a top 16 spot for the 'Playoffs' come the end of the season. That should be the target to aim for this season.

9 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Unfortunate to give away the penalty just before half time. I don't think they looked like scoring until then. It gave them confidence in the 2nd half. Turley coming off for Bardell disrupted us somewhat, and I think Man City deserved the win in the end.

A lot of positives to take from the performance overall, and it gives me hope we can claim a top 16 spot for the 'Playoffs' come the end of the season. That should be the target to aim for this season.

Yeah I think it’s easy to be disappointed by the full time result but we were comfortably on top for the whole first half (in terms of looking dangerous I know they had a bit more territory/possession but without creating anything) against probably the most expensive academy system in the world. 

Banks, Eames and Ebuka all scored last week vs Liverpool too.

Rees

KGordon   Banks   Osayande   IGordon

Tola   Agustien

JRichards   Eames   Oguntolu

Ebuka (Corry 61')

Unused subs: [GK?], Friars, Doyle, Green, Mintus

CF Sean Neave scored a hattrick for them after scoring 11 and assisting 4 in 19 last season. One to keep an eye on for a loan in a couple of years time.

Edited by Ghost of Clough

On 24/08/2024 at 13:33, Ghost of Clough said:

Banks, Eames and Ebuka all scored last week vs Liverpool too.

Rees

KGordon   Banks   Osayande   IGordon

Tola   Agustien

JRichards   Eames   Oguntolu

Ebuka (Corry 61')

Unused subs: [GK?], Friars, Doyle, Green, Mintus

CF Sean Neave scored a hattrick for them after scoring 11 and assisting 4 in 19 last season. One to keep an eye on for a loan in a couple of years time.

Are the Gordon’s related ?

38 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Are the Gordon’s related ?

36 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Yes, and to Kaide 

29 minutes ago, Srg said:

And Kellan.

23 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

What a family of ballers, I knew Khace, Kaide and Kellan were brothers but didn’t know about Isaac.

18 minutes ago, Srg said:

Did they run out of K names? Could have gone with Kisaac.

I'm pretty sure Isaac isn't related to the other Gordons

31 minutes ago, thederbyram said:

Brighton were 3-2 up, then had a man sent off at 3-3. We went 5-3 up, but Brighton pulled it back to 5-5. Osayande got sent off in the 80th, before Mintus scored the winner in the 86th.

Rees
Doyle(Canoville 88')   Banks   Osayande   IGordon
Tola   Agustien
Corry(Ebuka 46')   Eames   JRichards(Mintus 63')
Ogontolu(Green 63')

Unused subs: Friars

Edited by Ghost of Clough

3 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Brighton were 3-2 up, then had a man sent off at 3-3. We went 5-3 up, but Brighton pulled it back to 5-5. Osayande got sent off in the 80th, before Mintus scored the winner in the 86th.

Rees
Doyle(Canoville 88')   Banks   Osayande   IGordon
Tola   Agustien
Corry(Ebuka 46')   Eames   JRichards(Mintus 63')
Ogontolu(Green 63')

Unused subs: Friars

Eames continues a rich vein of form then..

Bit of a change in the front 3 from the last game if your formations are accurate! Ebuka started the last game up top with Corry replacing him, Ogontolu on the wing?

Presume 4 goals might keep Ogontolu up front!