Kenzo Goudmijn - signed to 2028

16 hours ago, Gabby'sThighs said:

Some useful insights to go on, if we trust Greg Spires.

He can pick the ball up from deep and hit good long passes, and he's an energetic runner & presser. He's a bit small at 5'9", physically lightweight, and not great in the air. Doesn't shoot much, so hard to judge that, but he has good feet and can find space to get a shot off.

Pair him up with NML in the gym, get him bulked up.

Sounds like he'd be good next to a big DM, like, um, Ebou Adams...

And he pronounces his name 'howdmine' - simple.

Am I right in thinking that analysis was done when he was quite a bit younger? Even if not he's only 22, far from the finished article

29 minutes ago, Gerry Daly said:

Am I right in thinking that analysis was done when he was quite a bit younger? Even if not he's only 22, far from the finished article

No, article was published last month. 

47 minutes ago, Gerry Daly said:

He's 22, and has bags of potential by the sounds of it. He could be 23/24 Hourihane but with legs, and he's got areas to work on.
Can't wait to see what he's like on the pitch!

On 10/07/2024 at 17:15, Gabby'sThighs said:

Some useful insights to go on, if we trust Greg Spires.

He can pick the ball up from deep and hit good long passes, and he's an energetic runner & presser. He's a bit small at 5'9", physically lightweight, and not great in the air. Doesn't shoot much, so hard to judge that, but he has good feet and can find space to get a shot off.

Pair him up with NML in the gym, get him bulked up.

Sounds like he'd be good next to a big DM, like, um, Ebou Adams...

And he pronounces his name 'howdmine' - simple.

I did notice against Matlock he was a bit reluctant to shoot. Every time he got the ball, the fans shouted shoot! But, every time he had a sight of goal, he passed it down the flank instead.

8 minutes ago, RamInSweden said:

I did notice against Matlock he was a bit reluctant to shoot. Every time he got the ball, the fans shouted shoot! But, every time he had a sight of goal, he passed it down the flank instead.

He also played 2 or 3 forward passes to break the lines, if he can do that at championship level he will be a very good addition, looks like he will help us control games better.