Carabao Cup

29 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Surely it'll be 930 as per Stockport and Mansfield in the league last season? 632 (seated) in the West Stand and 198 terraced seats in another stand.

Yes , it states around 950, they’ve apparently bought a second hand stand from the Birmingham Commonwealth games.😂

9 hours ago, Steadybreeze said:

Funnily enough I went to the Barrow Vs Port Vale game last night as I'm up here in the Lakes on holiday.

They play a similar style to us, get it wide, plenty of balls in etc. Their left winger is very tidy & could cause us problems, can't remember his name but he's on loan from Everton.

Whoever recommended staying at Dalton must be on drugs, it's a terrible place, whole town is run down and looks empty. Ulverston is a canny place, lots of good boozers

Grange Over Sands is lovely place to walk along the promenade looking out across Morecambe bay or at the flower beds/plants next to the railway line.
It’s got 4-5 cafes and a couple of pubs.
It’s about a 45 minute drive to Barrow

Edited by cstand

9 hours ago, Foreveram said:

Yes , it states around 950, they’ve apparently bought a second hand stand from the Birmingham Commonwealth games.😂

I've probably already sat in that one, then! 

10 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I would say it's one of the most run down towns in the country. There's also never anywhere to stay nearby because everywhere is booked up with contractors for BAE.

You're better off staying somewhere like Dalton and getting a taxi on for the match. Much nicer town, better pubs too. Ulverston isn't a bad option.

We stayed in Ulverston when we were at Morecambe two seasons ago. Had a great time. Good walking, views, pubs and we went to the Lakes for the day when the game was postponed. 

Second time we stayed in a b+b in Morecambe. Preferred Ulverston! 

32 minutes ago, cstand said:

Grange Over Sands is lovely place to walk along the promenade looking out across Morecambe bay or at the flower beds/plants next to the railway line.
It’s got 4-5 cafes and a couple of pubs.
It’s about a 45 minute drive to Barrow

Shame I'm going back early Saturday, just seen it's Carlisle v Barrow at the weekend. A good one for the neutral I reckon. 

10 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I would say it's one of the most run down towns in the country. There's also never anywhere to stay nearby because everywhere is booked up with contractors for BAE.

You're better off staying somewhere like Dalton and getting a taxi on for the match. Much nicer town, better pubs too. Ulverston isn't a bad option.

The birth place of Stan Laurel 👍

I delivered some ladders(Abru in Belper)to B n Q and Homebase when on the road many years ago in Barrow, One hell of a drive on the A590 it seemed to go on and on and on and on and on.

A ghost town, Lots work at the Submarine base there, Good advice for Dalton or Ulverston 👌

38 minutes ago, ImARam2 said:

Rolls Royce Nuclear Division on Raynesway, Derby supply all the reactors to them.

Yes I know, I worked at RR for Civil Aero Engines in Sinfin 👌now retired ☺️

Haven’t posted for a while. Couldn’t believe Barrow have draw Derby. Unfortunately I’ll miss the game I’m on a family holiday. 
it’s a good trek from Derby up to Barrow. A590 can be a pain it’s part dual carriageway then the rest single lane. Most people park at Asda which is next to Holker Street stadium. I think most away fans go Wetherspoons before the game.

15 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Surely it'll be 930 as per Stockport and Mansfield in the league last season? 632 (seated) in the West Stand and 198 terraced seats in another stand.

Port Vale this season have been allocated 930, 632 seated and 298 (corrected) terraced.