Marc Leonard

jimbobram

4 hours ago, Gerry Daly said:

What a mood hoover

Absolutely not, I'd be delighted if he signed and even recommended him a few months ago. I'm just very aware that whoever signs Leonard has to potentially outbid five other clubs on the commercial terms of his contract, so it's prevalent to set your line in the sand and what you're comfortable with before you get into a bidding war. 

Leonard is a very fine prospect, who has shown outstanding development since he was thrown into first-team professional football. He's far from a sure thing, plenty of players have stepped up from League One and struggled - it's a significant jump in class and takes a much greater level of professionalism to stay at the level. 

50 minutes ago, Day said:

In that case, I don’t want him. Scottish are useless, this current Derby team would have done better v Germany against the entire nations best players.

Chelsea would have done better against Serbia than your entire nations best players 🤷🏻‍♂️

24 minutes ago, Archied said:

Chelsea would have done better against Serbia than your entire nations best players 🤷🏻‍♂️

Mid table Chelsea? Behave 

Scotland also have had very low numbers of immigration over the years , I find it beyond stupid that England players face racist abuse from they’re own fans quite often when in truth we have seen the growth of fantastic players of African and Caribbean descent grace our domestic league and national team ( England ) which would be just ordinary without that quality , 

heard the snp calling for more immigration into Scotland, you can’t deny the country needs it and we may also get a better football team 😀,

21 hours ago, Dimmu said:

The way he wears his socks makes it a strong no from me.

Horrendous. 

I was a no for me as soon as I saw a weak beard and absolutely no tats on show. Seriously, for a lad from up north he ain't half wrapped up there. 

1 hour ago, Archied said:

Scotland also have had very low numbers of immigration over the years , I find it beyond stupid that England players face racist abuse from they’re own fans quite often when in truth we have seen the growth of fantastic players of African and Caribbean descent grace our domestic league and national team ( England ) which would be just ordinary without that quality , 

heard the snp calling for more immigration into Scotland, you can’t deny the country needs it and we may also get a better football team 😀,

You will always have a handful of numpties, but I actually think there's hardly any "racist abuse from their own fans". People just haven't caught up with the modern world. This is systematic stuff from overseas troll farms such as the Russian IRA (its very name intended to stir disinformation) designed to undermine and destabilize British society. After the last Euros the security services immediately told Southgate it was almost all overseas, but the media here wants to promote a narrative so went with "football fans are terrible racists" instead. We're really not. You only have to look at this and other forums to see that. 

23 hours ago, RamLad1884 said:

Likely to be the alternative to Osbourn I suspect 

I would like us to bring a left footer in for balance. 

23 hours ago, jimbobram said:

doubt it. He's a central midfielder, osborn would be more out wide, probably a full back/ wing back option 

If Osborn has a wide choice of clubs I can see him going somewhere he's promised a centre/left midfield starting role. 

16 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

You will always have a handful of numpties, but I actually think there's hardly any "racist abuse from their own fans". People just haven't caught up with the modern world. This is systematic stuff from overseas troll farms such as the Russian IRA (its very name intended to stir disinformation) designed to undermine and destabilize British society. After the last Euros the security services immediately told Southgate it was almost all overseas, but the media here wants to promote a narrative so went with "football fans are terrible racists" instead. We're really not. You only have to look at this and other forums to see that. 

You can only sell what there’s a market for ,,, personally think it’s a bit deeper than you think on many issues , I kind of feel we have made strides but seem to be slipping backwards , the cause of that is interesting and perhaps uncomfortable certainly beyond talking about on here🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by Archied

On 17/06/2024 at 06:44, jimbobram said:

Marc Leonard has six offers on the table with Brighton ready to sell the midfielder  for £400,000. Clubs from Championship, League One and abroad all interested in striking a deal. 

derby being one of them 

darren witcoop 

Seems a bit strange that Brighton would sell for 400k now when they could loan him to the Championship and get a higher fee if he does well?

26 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Seems a bit strange that Brighton would sell for 400k now when they could loan him to the Championship and get a higher fee if he does well?

It might just be that unlike some of the bigger clubs, they don't silo players without regard for their future careers - think Chelsea. I think that possibly they like him as a player, but feel that he falls short of genuine PL level quality and for that reason, are happy to let him pursue fresh opportunities. If so, I think that's admirable as I feckin loathe the Chelsea model.

1 hour ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Maybe his contract is up next summer?

9 hours ago, Archied said:

I think the problem is the square sausages, not everyone’s cup of tea. 

I wonder though .. what is the score of English titles and trophies won by Scottish managers ? I suspect there is a huge per capita victory margin lurking somewhere in statsville

9 hours ago, jono said:

I think the problem is the square sausages, not everyone’s cup of tea. 

I wonder though .. what is the score of English titles and trophies won by Scottish managers ? I suspect there is a huge per capita victory margin lurking somewhere in statsville

Certainly used to produce good managers but even that area seems to have dried up a bit ,

we are a small nation with a small population that s really struggled to keep its youngsters , very little immigration inwards and the massive drugs scourge that infected us from 80 s onwards have played a massive part in our downfall from a nation that used to be innovative, industrious and punched above its weight in lots of areas including sport , again the causes are too political for this forum but it’s where we are 🤷🏻‍♂️

48 minutes ago, Archied said:

Certainly used to produce good managers but even that area seems to have dried up a bit ,

we are a small nation with a small population that s really struggled to keep its youngsters , very little immigration inwards and the massive drugs scourge that infected us from 80 s onwards have played a massive part in our downfall from a nation that used to be innovative, industrious and punched above its weight in lots of areas including sport , again the causes are too political for this forum but it’s where we are 🤷🏻‍♂️

I know this is drifting off topic but it is strange. I remember reading once that Scotland provided the world with more invention per capita than any other nation.