Signings tomorrow

BaianoPOTY98

5 minutes ago, inter politics said:

Not that it stops announcements but transfer window officially opens

As you said, don’t think we would just wait for the arbitrary window to open to announce something. It’s not like players are back in training yet. 

3 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Not sure we’ll see any announced on the first day of the window, BUT I like the idea that we’ve quietly done some business already with the announcements pending similar to some of last summer’s recruitment. Announcing a couple of pre-arranged free transfers would be grand 😊 

Sorry , don’t like the idea of a “Quiet bit of business”. I want a massive statement signing  that can get Rams fans out of their arm chairs and down to PP to get a season ticket .

1 hour ago, richinspain said:

Yes ,I know, but when was his signing announced?

The usual clickbait suspects like derbycounty dot news, footballleagueworld have published it. Celts are here has published it too and it has also appeared on Derbyshire Live.

It has, however, not yet been announced.  If he is to arrive, he's for the U18s and one for the future and is typical of the sirt of thing Mark Thomas did when he was at Oxford. Pick up talented youngsters and see them develop into 1st teamers who then move on at a handsome profit. Hopefully, in our case, we'll have a team consisting of 5 or 6 of these young guns in a few years who are PL ready and will go there with DCFC rather than being sold on. To avoid confusion, yes, I do want promotion asap but I am of the opinion that we need a period of consolidation building up to promotion over, maybe, 3 or 4 years. Our past 2 seasons have seen Rosenior rush a squad together on a shoestring. Double figures replaced by PW on maybe a shoestring and a half. We'll see double figures coming in this summer too, IMO. Ipswich built their L1 promotion side over 4 years. This coming season is the first in 3 where we can look to start the build.

I’d imagine players will be back from their holidays this week and have had time to think about their next move.

I think this weekend will be the dotting of the i’s period and hopefully there will be some news on Monday.

Do you remember when we unveiled about 6 players in one evening, that would be brilliant again. 

3 hours ago, Srg said:

As you said, don’t think we would just wait for the arbitrary window to open to announce something. It’s not like players are back in training yet. 

I would say though that under Clowes we have waited until the player is officially registered with the league before announcement. 

I think with CBT(?) photos of player with shirt were circulating online for about 4 days before the official announcement. 

So I wouldn't be too surprised if there are players signed and we are waiting until registration is confirmed by the EFL.