Transfer rumours

5 hours ago, SECornerRAM said:

There's loads of possibles 

I'm convinced with the amount of offers out that the club don't know who's turning up tomorrow 

Absolute scattergun approach then 🤷‍♂️🙄

9 hours ago, Srg said:

Bring me Paris Maghoma and that big f***** from Middlesbrough. That would be a great success tomorrow. 

Fair sprinkling of fairy dust needed but yes that would be great.

I think Chirewa is our budget Maghoma and Young our budget Coburn.

Lidl by Lidl as Oasis (or some) might say.

14 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

We needed to use the free agent market better than we did. We only signed 2 free agents this summer - Osborn and Jackson.

Just to list some of the more realistic frees for Championhip and L1 clubs this summer: Forino, Tanganga, Sam McCallum, Browne, Vaulks, Docherty, Norwood, Francois, Dobson, Kane, Płacheta, Josh Murphy, Chris Willock, Poveda, Campbell, Jamal Lowe, Vipotnik, Devante Cole

Wages is probably our biggest problem. From what I’ve heard the board has imposed a hard limit of 10k a week for new signings, with most being offered less than 8k. Probably why we’ve struggled so much in the window, I suspect we have the smallest budget in the league by a fair way.

1 minute ago, Anag Ram said:

Fair sprinkling of fairy dust needed but yes that would be great.

I think Chirewa is our budget Maghoma and Young our budget Coburn.

Lidl by Lidl as Oasis (or some) might say.

Maybe, but I don't see why Maghoma would be so difficult. He was playing in League One last season just like us. Coburn probably have a lot of competition, so he's more unlikely. All pie in the sky anyway, as there's been nothing to say we're interested.

5 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Wages is probably our biggest problem. From what I’ve heard the board has imposed a hard limit of 10k a week for new signings, with most being offered less than 8k. Probably why we’ve struggled so much in the window, I suspect we have the smallest budget in the league by a fair way.

That's worrying considering some of the wages we paid in league 1. Aware we want to be ran sensibly but larger revenue streams thru several avenues should mean larger wage structure 

12 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

25 players on £10k is only £13m a year... I find that hard to believe

1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

And by all account the average Championship wage is £10k a week.

21 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

That’s like shopping at Harrods with a tenner in your pocket….

14 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

It's only 13m a year if you take it on baseline figures. Remember there are significant costs and contributions that add to salary and are included. Lower salaries include goal bonuses, clean sheet bonuses, wins, etc. Plus the basics like pension, health and other benefits that add on as taxable. 13m to 17m is not a stretch when you add those things in 

I've seen several people suggesting Oxford have had an amazing window ans we should have been in for Scarlett from Spurs. Take a look at the OUFC fans feedback on him. Majority are questioning how he even is a pro. Backed by Pompey and Ipswich fans.

There are a few more players freed up this week by Carabao exits. Boro and Ipswich being key to our activity.