Transfer rumours

4 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Forced to play Buchanan RWB and a lightweight midfield 4 of Bird, Holmes, Knight and Sibley. Marriott was the only semi-fit CF at the club. The bench contained Ravas, Solomon, Whittaker and Shonibare

Max bird played 27 games that season and looked good. That was also a Sibley coming off his best season as a Ram in my opinion. Knight was playing international football that season and played nearly every game for us that year. 

Also would you disagree with any of this. 

Marriott from 20/21 over Collins 24/25

Knight from 20/21 over Kenzo 24/25

Bird from 20/21 over Tommo 24/25 

Matt Clarke 20/21 over Bradley 24/25 

Fozzy 20/21 over Fozzy 24/25 

Sibley 20/21 over Barkhuizen 24/25 

Holmes 20/21 over Chirewa 24/25

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Under transfer embargo too?

What's the point, so we've a worse squad, a worse manager, less money to spend and can't recruit better players?

He’s my points is we do have a worse squad, worse manager and less funds. Also don’t think we were under an embargo when we threw away a couple million on Jozwiak. Aswell as spending other fees and giving out high wages.

1 minute ago, Eoghan1884 said:

He’s my points is we do have a worse squad, worse manager and less funds. Also don’t think we were under an embargo when we threw away a couple million on Jozwiak. Aswell as spending other fees and giving out high wages.

I think we can do things about some of your points, but there's not been much indication of change over 100+ games.

1 hour ago, Topram said:

Big time warne said 3 we’ve got one but said 2 or 3 last night clear he isn’t happy with what he’s got 

It seems to impact the others as well knowing that he wants to bring loads of loans or free transfers ( who don’t seem much better)  - it’s a poor message in addition to saying every opposition team are very good - I have never heard Warne say how good we are 

11 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

It's one of the biggest myths in football that penalties are a lottery. Of course they're not - they're a test of nerve and skill and need to be coached and practised. We've done well with that over recent seasons, but missing three out of five smacks of a lack of preparation. And a very disappointing comment from the manager who I hope knows better.

I mostly agree however I'd probably say that given everything that time spent practicing penalty shootouts is probably time we could better spend elsewhere.

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I think we can do things about some of your points, but there's not been much indication of change over 100+ games.

Yes I totally agree with everyone’s points on here that Warnes football is boring and a tough watch. He’s also the only manager we’ve had in I don’t know how long who knew what it took to go up and yes it was from League one but going up in every league takes similar mentality and know how. He came in to get us to the championship, he’s done that in under 2 seasons (1 of which he came late to) and now is getting to have a go at the Championship with a squad he got promoted. I just don’t understand the meltdown after 3 league games where the opening day was a f up yes, but they brought on a great striker in Ohashi a premier league player in Szmodics and an ex Ram gunning to prove something in Weimann. We then bet Boro (i don’t care if we had only touched the ball once and won) and then narrowly lost to a Watford team who are on fire and have a probably 10+ I’d love to have at Derby. 

It was interesting listening to the RD post-match chat last night.

They were banging on about how 'strange' the CBT signing was......signed someone who is injured and doesn't fit the PW mould of working up and down the pitch.

I tend to think they may be semi-ITK and they were questioning who signed him....PW or someone else.

It also transpires that Ben Osborn was carrying an injury when signed.....albeit he's clearly Champ quality with a good work ethic if fit.

Washington was an injury risk, TJJ was an injury risk, Embleton was an injury risk. 

Now I genuinely hope CBT comes good and is a superstar for us but I wonder if DC has money in the competitive budget but doesn't trust those who are spending it to spend it wisely.

21 hours ago, StarterForTen said:

I’m hearing that Ipswich are going to release Freddie Ladapo from his contract this week, which will make him a free transfer. With a year to run, I assume he has something lined up. Could he be the ‘free agent’ PW has referenced?

That was my guess. The free agent isn't actually free yet and thats why this is dragging.

Given the options FL at least is a known quantity to Warne both in style and character so maybe less of a gamble than some bigger names, but again he's not a no. 9.

Had a torrid time at Charlton though and their fans were totally underwhelmed by him.

I'm sure we'll land someone last minute regardless of the terms. 

TJJ coming in too still wouldn't surprise me, but only if we move Wash or Barkz out to free up a space. 

Looking at it, a striker was for more necessary than a keeper and if we were going to splunk a 7 figure fee (or maybe our entire budget of about £2.5m so far) on anything, priority should have been a striker tailor made for our planned system. 

Feels like we are still 3 players short, Tawanda seems like a gamble/filler for a hole we just didn't manage to get anyone else for, let's hope for better for the centre back and striker we aim to bring in. 

27 minutes ago, Paultheram said:

Michael smith left out of the Wednesday team yesterday and Rohl confirmed he might be leaving!

Rumoured he's going to Wrexham. I really hope we can do better, or else this season is going to be tough. Plus I simply would not attempt to do business with Wednesday again after they tried to screw us in January. 

"Derby's head coach said that he wants to add to his attack and had hoped to land a forward only for the club to change their mind about letting him leave.

"There will be some movement because we still need to bring in more goal threat, however that looks," said Warne.

"Ideally that would be a nine, maybe a 10 or a wide player. I still think we need defensive cover. I have the scope to do it as I have money in the budget but what shouldn't come as a surprise is there are clubs chasing the same players. When they are loans as well, you are competing on a level playing field. Players have decisions to make.

"We thought we had one then the club we were hoping to sign him from decided to keep him. And because this is how football works, all the agents know this player isn't now coming to us and then you go after another one and know that they weren't our first choice.

"It is a political and emotional rollercoaster. I am anticipating it will go right up until 11pm on deadline day. It is apparent that we need an injection of new faces."

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

"Derby's head coach said that he wants to add to his attack and had hoped to land a forward only for the club to change their mind about letting him leave.

"There will be some movement because we still need to bring in more goal threat, however that looks," said Warne.

"Ideally that would be a nine, maybe a 10 or a wide player. I still think we need defensive cover. I have the scope to do it as I have money in the budget but what shouldn't come as a surprise is there are clubs chasing the same players. When they are loans as well, you are competing on a level playing field. Players have decisions to make.

"We thought we had one then the club we were hoping to sign him from decided to keep him. And because this is how football works, all the agents know this player isn't now coming to us and then you go after another one and know that they weren't our first choice.

"It is a political and emotional rollercoaster. I am anticipating it will go right up until 11pm on deadline day. It is apparent that we need an injection of new faces."

Ah sure who doesn’t love a few hours of desperate scrolling on a Friday evening…

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Any chance we can ban Paul Warne for blatantly introducing politics on to a football forum? Political rollercoaster my arse.

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

My guess is the player that was set to join and didn’t is Ali Al-Hamadi. Was pretty clear he was set to leave Ipswich until the Broja deal broke down.