Transfer rumours

12 hours ago, The_Sheriff said:

Looking at stats devine doesn't excite me at all. 

Think we need a lb as priority to be honest then some goal threats. Not a midfielder with limited goal contributions even if tidy 

I think Elder has been the least of our worries. Started very steadily. Not ideal that the whole defence were pulled apart against Blackburn but that wasn’t on him. 

26 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

I think Elder has been the least of our worries. Started very steadily. Not ideal that the whole defence were pulled apart against Blackburn but that wasn’t on him. 

3 of the Blackburn goals come from his side but sure there's an argument to say it's not on him completely.

If I am honest I do agree he's been alright so far this season. However I feel I've seen enough of him and an ageing forsyth to suggest neither of them are any better then league one level now.    This is why I would prioritise a left back especially if we are staying with a back 4 this season.

I'm usually quite positive I think, but I do fear wingers will exploit us down our left unless we improve in personnel down that side

Just now, The_Sheriff said:

3 of the Blackburn goals come from his side but sure there's an argument to say it's not on him completely.

If I am honest I do agree he's been alright so far this season. However I feel I've seen enough of him and an ageing forsyth to suggest neither of them are any better then league one level now.    This is why I would prioritise a left back especially if we are staying with a back 4 this season.

I'm usually quite positive I think, but I do fear wingers will exploit us down our left unless we improve in personnel down that side

I think with Elder, Forsyth and Osborn being able to play there it couldn't be less of a priority really.

I mean ideally the centre back we bring in could play left back as well.

But for me the front 3 needs the biggest work.

I don't think NML is good enough and we're relying on him too much and when we take him off it's Barkhuizen coming on who's barely league one level.

Nobody has seen CBT get a run of games so no idea if he's good enough or not really. I'd actually have Kane Wilson as a winger not a full back.

We need players in the front 3 who make better decisions in the final third and make the right runs. 

The amount of time Nyambe got the ball against Watford and had to turn back because Mendez-Laing drifted inside and didn't make a run down the line. 

Our forward line needs the most work. 

We look solid, we just make shocking decisions in the final third.

2 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I think with Elder, Forsyth and Osborn being able to play there it couldn't be less of a priority really.

I don't think NML is good enough and we're relying on him too much and when we take him off it's Barkhuizen coming on who's barely league one level.

Nobody has seen CBT get a run of games so no idea if he's good enough or not really. I'd actually have Kane Wilson as a winger not a full back.

We need players in the front 3 who make better decisions in the final third and make the right runs. 

The amount of time Nyambe got the ball against Watford and had to turn back because Mendez-Laing drifted inside and didn't make a run down the line. 

Would be concerned about Wilson’s goal threat playing in a front three, would put a fair amount of pressure on the other two. He is to me a wing back doing a fair job at full back.

i would rather we focussed on the 3 at the back, to me we have more players suited to that, either in a 3421 type setup or 352, than we do a 433. 

3 minutes ago, nottingram said:

Would be concerned about Wilson’s goal threat playing in a front three, would put a fair amount of pressure on the other two. He is to me a wing back doing a fair job at full back.

i would rather we focussed on the 3 at the back, to me we have more players suited to that, either in a 3421 type setup or 352, than we do a 433. 

To be be creative enough with 3 at the back you need CBs with pace, ball playing ability and capable of dribbling it forward or even over/under-lapping. We don't have any of that, other than Cashin being capable of hitting a diagonal.

29 minutes ago, Srg said:

To be be creative enough with 3 at the back you need CBs with pace, ball playing ability and capable of dribbling it forward or even over/under-lapping. We don't have any of that, other than Cashin being capable of hitting a diagonal.

In a 433 you need wide forwards with goal threat or a 9 who scores plenty himself. Which is easier to recruit?

4 minutes ago, nottingram said:

In a 433 you need wide forwards with goal threat or a 9 who scores plenty himself. Which is easier to recruit?

Not arguing the merits of what’s easier to recruit, just commenting on the current squad options.  

Hopefully a few more people will decide to live in a David Clowes house so he can give Warne abit of money and get players better than the likes of Collins and NML at this level.  It does seem very similar to the Tom Glick era but atleast then we had the quality of Hulse and Commons and there was more dross in the league for us to be not as bad as.

Edited by Marriot Ram99

44 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Quite like Ward as an outside right as well like against Pompey, not at fullback?!

20 minutes ago, DCFC1976 said:

Quite like Ward as an outside right as well like against Pompey, not at fullback?!

Yeah could work. When I said Wilson as a winger I just meant if it's a choice of him as an out and out right back or a winger then I'd have him as a winger. 

I'd definitely have him out wide over Barkhuizen.

Not really sure what is end product would be like but I do think he'd be a decent option there. Can nutmeg a mermaid that lad.

NML is direct but makes poor decisions. 

1 hour ago, The_Sheriff said:

Cashin was the problem not Elder