Transfer rumours

38 minutes ago, SECornerRAM said:

He's the man - just been told 

Stefan Thordarson? Interesting, so if your source is correct and we are in for him according to transfermarkt his contract expires Dec 2024 so we’d presumably have to pay some sort of fee. 25 year old international midfielder signed from a foreign league….hope can be a dangerous thing! I do love silly season 

3 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Stefan Thordarson? Interesting, so if your source is correct and we are in for him according to transfermarkt his contract expires Dec 2024 so we’d presumably have to pay some sort of fee. 25 year old international midfielder signed from a foreign league….hope can be a dangerous thing! I do love silly season 

Would be a statement of intent.

Some good players from Iceland and fees are notoriously low, hence why mums go there.

4 hours ago, Eoghan1884 said:

I am by no means itk and would never claim to be. But I am in Thailand travelling and managed to bump into Sibley. By the way he talked to me it seems he hasn’t actually made a decision yet. He could just have been trying to be nice but who knows. Was a sound lad and was with ex academy goalie Harrison Foulkes.

Does he actually tan?

Plays in Denmark too that Thordason so could be one of the ones Warne went to watch.

Just on Sibley, I've heard he's 100% not staying. No idea where he's going.

From what I heard we offered him a one year deal on less money than he's on now.

Essentially the reason for that is because we've offered him a new deal, we'll be entitled to compensation because he's an academy player.

6 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Plays in Denmark too that Thordason so could be one of the ones Warne went to watch.

From what I heard we offered him a one year deal on less money than he's on now.

Essentially the reason for that is because we've offered him a new deal, we'll be entitled to compensation because he's an academy player.

not much incentive for sibley to stay then. know wonder hes not making any decisions yet

2 minutes ago, Ram-a-lama fa fa fa said:

not much incentive for sibley to stay then. know wonder hes not making any decisions yet

No, but I doubt we would have just gone here you go this is our offer.

Probably said to him, look we're happy for you to leave and find another club, probably best for both parties, but we would like to get compensation for you, so we're putting it out we've offered you a new deal.

Fwiw, I think Sibley needs to move on. He's played under a fair few managers here and nobody has picked him consistently. Even in his supposed best position as a number 10, if he ever got to play there, he might have one decent game and then that's it for a while.

I actually think that LWB spot he's found himself in actually suits him and possibly his best position imo.

1 hour ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Probably said to him, look we're happy for you to leave and find another club, probably best for both parties, but we would like to get compensation for you, so we're putting it out we've offered you a new deal.

Fwiw, I think Sibley needs to move on. He's played under a fair few managers here and nobody has picked him consistently. Even in his supposed best position as a number 10, if he ever got to play there, he might have one decent game and then that's it for a while.

I actually think that LWB spot he's found himself in actually suits him and possibly his best position imo.

Dont think we would be due much if anything if we have offered a reduced terms contract with how compensation works. 

8 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Not sure how much they’d want when he would go for nothing a couple of months later. Looking at the ever-reliable Transfermarkt, he’s only played about half the minutes. But his stats are good with 5 goals in 18 appearances. 

16 minutes ago, Srg said:

Not sure how much they’d want when he would go for nothing a couple of months later. Looking at the ever-reliable Transfermarkt, he’s only played about half the minutes. But his stats are good with 5 goals in 18 appearances. 

I think the league splits or something and the top 6 play each other home and away. So in the league he’s played 28 and scored 9. IMG_4260.thumb.jpeg.cde18d20cf25deae1c06dbfa3a49af7e.jpeg

Just now, dcfcgodd said:

I think the league splits or something and the top 6 play each other home and away. So in the league he’s played 28 and scored 9. IMG_4260.thumb.jpeg.cde18d20cf25deae1c06dbfa3a49af7e.jpeg

Either way, they’re pretty good stats for a central midfielder. 

And there is the issue. It wasn’t that he had one good game and then followed it by a load of duff performances. He did nothing after his one good game because he was back on the bench, or even out of the squad. Even when we were struggling to score and Sibbers scored two, next match he was out on his backside.

Good luck, Louie. I hope you find a manager who lets you play football.

ITK Mack 😉

8 minutes ago, Srg said:

Either way, they’re pretty good stats for a central midfielder. 

He also looks to have good versatility too, with appearances as a DM, CM, AM, RW, LW... ideal for Warne. It's certainly ticking a lot of the boxes for someone that we could be after, even if only a rumour at this stage.

1 minute ago, Carnero said:

He also looks to have good versatility too, with appearances as a DM, CM, AM, RW, LW... ideal for Warne. It's certainly ticking a lot of the boxes for someone that we could be after, even if only a rumour at this stage.

LWB?

1 hour ago, Srg said:

Dont think we would be due much if anything if we have offered a reduced terms contract with how compensation works. 

Correct. I believe that unless we match his existing wage, even for a shorter contract, we're not entitled to any compensation.

Seems a bit shortsighted, if true, unless he really is on a wage that doesn't fit into our new salary structure.