Transfer rumours

Just now, Barney1991 said:

We will end up signing Gayle again or Chris Martin we need to get the average age up past 30 again this year 

They would be a decent pair ten years ago and last year and maybe this year if no 9ne else turned up 

1 hour ago, DerbyPride said:

When Warne when talking about wanting 12 in, he also suggested that some would be going out. If we're struggling to shift faces out in the other direction, that'll surely have an effect on the numbers/values of those we want to bring in.

I think that is the hold up.

I imagine Collins and Barkhuizen are free to leave, especially given Collins didn't even start on Saturday and Barkhuizen being a bit part last season and Cashin is probably the domino that starts it all off for us.

I don't think the hold up is the parent clubs unwilling to let a player leave, I don't think we can afford the loan fees.

16 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I imagine Collins and Barkhuizen are free to leave, especially given Collins didn't even start on Saturday and Barkhuizen being a bit part last season and Cashin is probably the domino that starts it all off for us.

I don't think the hold up is the parent clubs unwilling to let a player leave, I don't think we can afford the loan fees.

Wasn't Collins offered a new contract? He certainly took his time signing it, so it's not as if it was of his making. Why would we be looking to move him on?

1 minute ago, richinspain said:

Wasn't Collins offered a new contract? He certainly took his time signing it, so it's not as if it was of his making. Why would we be looking to move him on?

Probably for the same reason he didn't start on Saturday, Paul Warne.

He was our top goal scorer last year, we struggled for goals in pre season, Yates was suspended, Washington is broken and Dajaune Brown isn't ready (according to Warne) and Collins was still on the bench with Kayden Jackson, a player notoriously poor at number 9, playing at number 9.

5 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Probably for the same reason he didn't start on Saturday, Paul Warne.

He was our top goal scorer last year, we struggled for goals in pre season, Yates was suspended, Washington is broken and Dajaune Brown isn't ready (according to Warne) and Collins was still on the bench with Kayden Jackson, a player notoriously poor at number 9, playing at number 9.

But that doesn't explain why we would want to offload him after just getting him to sign a new contract, and even less why he actually signed it!

29 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Why would we give Collins another year then let him leave for free?! 🤣

8 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Why would we give Collins another year then let him leave for free?! 🤣

Free to leave does not mean leave on a free, for a start. But secondly, if anyone offered anything for him and we have time to replace you take it. He didn’t even start when we have no strikers, he won’t cut the championship. 

8 minutes ago, Srg said:

Free to leave does not mean leave on a free, for a start. But secondly, if anyone offered anything for him and we have time to replace you take it. He didn’t even start when we have no strikers, he won’t cut the championship. 

Sorry, I just can't see it! Why did we offer a contract if we don't want him? We let Sibley go on a free rather than risk signing him on, or even equaling his previous contract whereby we'd get compensation. Yet James Collins we offered a new contract in order to later sell him, a player who is what, 32? Hopefully someone comes in with a £10m offer, but unless @B4ev6is is manipulating the discussions then it just isn't going to happen.

1 hour ago, Magicman said:

We signed Osborn, Kenzo, Yates, Jackson, Ohzo and Luthra (  6 ) 

We need a Keeper , Striker, No10 

GK incoming this week,apparently.

New striker is crucial but I'd also want a tall,pacy left sided defender to partner Nelson-Cashin's pre season form and display at Blackburn have intensified my previous doubts about him( or perhaps its Elder's presence?!) Never thought I'd say this but I'd like Fozzy playing unless we get a strong Left Back in.

48 minutes ago, richinspain said:

Sorry, I just can't see it! Why did we offer a contract if we don't want him? We let Sibley go on a free rather than risk signing him on, or even equaling his previous contract whereby we'd get compensation. Yet James Collins we offered a new contract in order to later sell him, a player who is what, 32? Hopefully someone comes in with a £10m offer, but unless @B4ev6is is manipulating the discussions then it just isn't going to happen.

Not quite the same situation. Sibley was rumoured to be a high earner here and there was competition for his signature and wants to start games. Collins likely had no suitors, wasn’t on much and happy to sit on the bench. 

Now, I don’t think we’re actively looking to move him on, I didn’t say that. Just if someone is daft enough to offer something, you just have to take it. 

49 minutes ago, Srg said:

Not quite the same situation. Sibley was rumoured to be a high earner here and there was competition for his signature and wants to start games. Collins likely had no suitors, wasn’t on much and happy to sit on the bench. 

Now, I don’t think we’re actively looking to move him on, I didn’t say that. Just if someone is daft enough to offer something, you just have to take it. 

Perhaps we should keep our fingers crossed that Citeh , like when they signed Carson to increase the quota of English players, suddenly realise that they need to increase their quota of aging Irish forwards and offer us those £10m 😂

9 minutes ago, richinspain said:

Perhaps we should keep our fingers crossed that Citeh , like when they signed Carson to increase the quota of English players, suddenly realise that they need to increase their quota of aging Irish forwards and offer us those £10m 😂

If only we could get involved in the Everton, Villa and Newcastle trio of passing around poor players for a fortune. 

4 hours ago, DerbyPride said:

When Warne when talking about wanting 12 in, he also suggested that some would be going out. If we're struggling to shift faces out in the other direction, that'll surely have an effect on the numbers/values of those we want to bring in.

I dont think it would depend on outgoings. 10 left last summer & we have brought 7 in, so another 3 would just get us to the same squad levels as last year but with needing a bigger squad due to a bigger bench i would say the additional 2 to make 12 sounds right. Plus replacements for outgoings.

Wildsmith - X (JWZ)
Loach - Luthra
Hourihane - Osborn
Adams - Adams
Smith - Ozoh
Bird - Goudmijn
Sibley - X
Waghorn - Jackson
TJJ - Yates
Gayle - X

Edited by DCFC1388

45 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

I dont think it would depend on outgoings. 10 left last summer & we have brought 7 in, so another 3 would just get us to the same squad levels as last year but with needing a bigger squad due to a bigger bench i would say the additional 2 to make 12 sounds right. Plus replacements for outgoings.

Wildsmith - X (JWZ)
Loach - Luthra
Hourihane - Osborn
Adams - Adams
Smith - Ozoh
Bird - Goudmijn
Sibley - X
Waghorn - Jackson
TJJ - Yates
Gayle - X

You could also argue TJJ, Gayle and Waghorn are one fit player they only made 42 league appearances between them.

Do think today showed if we get a striker in we should loan out Dajuane, he has all the attributes to be a very good player just needs some experience and refining. Would love him to go to a MK Dons or Notts county who play good football at the top of league 2. Any team that will guarantee him starts near the very top of league 2 would be good for him.

5 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Do think today showed if we get a striker in we should loan out Dajuane, he has all the attributes to be a very good player just needs some experience and refining. Would love him to go to a MK Dons or Notts county who play good football at the top of league 2. Any team that will guarantee him starts near the very top of league 2 would be good for him.

Like i said in the match thdead, he could do with a loan to a team where he will get game time but has an experienced scorer to learn off. McGoldrick & Notts Co would be good, as wood Sharp & Doncaster or Grigg & Chesterfield