Transfer rumours

4 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

I agree our actual business to date has been top notch. No grumbles about the players brought in. But from the get go it was obvious we need 10 bodies in. 

Fair enough if you’re happy to wait and see how the next month pans out. But if we do get a few dodgy results early doors (like last season) then that could be the difference between staying up or not. 

Just seems like everything has stagnated. I’m sure that isn’t the case, maybe my mood would be slighter merrier if we could’ve actually got a win against Chez, Shrews or Barnsley.

I get people having some concerns based on the sample of pre-season thus far,  I’ve always preached patience, did the same last season and we came good despite the varying spectrum of performances.

I’m confident it’s not gonna be a smooth ride this season, if we’re looking completely stuffed towards the end of Dec then pressure will mount and DC might have some decisions to make. However we’ve seen in previous seasons how the right additions can make a huge difference to what’s already in the building (Adams last season, Mount, Tomori, Wilson under Lampard, beautiful George Thorne…) so I’m waiting to see who else we get and how they fit, still with a good measure of optimism. 

14 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I get people having some concerns based on the sample of pre-season thus far,  I’ve always preached patience, did the same last season and we came good despite the varying spectrum of performances.

I’m confident it’s not gonna be a smooth ride this season, if we’re looking completely stuffed towards the end of Dec then pressure will mount and DC might have some decisions to make. However we’ve seen in previous seasons how the right additions can make a huge difference to what’s already in the building (Adams last season, Mount, Tomori, Wilson under Lampard, beautiful George Thorne…) so I’m waiting to see who else we get and how they fit, still with a good measure of optimism. 

I would just feel a lot more confident if we could make 1 statement signing, whether on loan or a permanent. Someone unexpected with a decent recent goal scoring record, would be lovely.

I will say though, if we get more crosses from Barkhuizen and headers from Collins, like last night, id be happy.

Just now, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I would just feel a lot more confident if we could make 1 statement signing, whether on loan or a permanent. Someone unexpected with a decent recent goal scoring record, would be lovely.

I will say though, if we get more crosses from Barkhuizen and headers from Collins, like last night, id be happy.

Peach of a cross wasn’t it?! I think if we are playing 4-3-3 Barkhuizen has a good role to play 

20 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Peach of a cross wasn’t it?! I think if we are playing 4-3-3 Barkhuizen has a good role to play 

When we do cross into the box we often overhit the ball and it goes past the far post, over the heads of the players in the box and out for a throw in to the opposition, those crosses are a waste of an opportunity.  I understand there might be times when a cross is untargeted but that cross should still arrive in the danger area, the general area around the opposition goal mouth. 

Perhaps the players should have a lesson in crossing from Barkhuizen, when Barkhuizen crosses he lifts his head and targets the players in the box.  

Edited by Elwood P Dowd

55 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

We have not gone for John-Jules because he's made of quavers.

We have our targets that we want and if we think we have a chance of getting them, but we have to wait, then we should wait.

Well we still signed Washington despite his injury record 🙄

How long do we wait? We have no actual number one keeper at present, a pretty piss poor frontline and very little creativity in the midfield, not to mention the defence will get torn to pieces at this level.

Then we'll wait and wait and have the crap leftovers as per usual on deadline day.

34 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

That difficulty there is finding Championship teams willing to be so complicit in the game being stretched to its limits, leaving that amount of space in behind and/or marking that badly.

But yes, great cross.

Edited by May Contain Nuts

1 hour ago, Papahet said:

Well we still signed Washington despite his injury record 🙄

How long do we wait? We have no actual number one keeper at present, a pretty piss poor frontline and very little creativity in the midfield, not to mention the defence will get torn to pieces at this level.

Then we'll wait and wait and have the crap leftovers as per usual on deadline day.

Washington made 36 apps in 20/21, 35 apps in 21/22 and 35 apps in 22/23. He picked up a knee injury towards the end of 22/23. Then he signed for us.

TJJ has had 5 loan spells at 5 different clubs in that same time frame. He made 25 apps in 20/21, 12 apps in 21/22 and 17 apps in 22/23 and every season he picked up an injury.

There is no comparison to Washington and TJJ's injury record. TJJ is only 23 too. The amount of injuries he has had is concerning and not worth the risk. 

The keeper argument is a moot point, he will be here next week as we all know. Our defence is fine, we'll sign someone there. 

You wait until they aren't available anymore. Then you move on. We could easily go and sign 5 players tomorrow if we wanted. But the ones we want are good players that we have competition for.

I have no problem waiting and having them for 43 games instead of 46.

For number 9s from the premier league on loan  that Warne describes as exciting.

Fofana CF - Chelsea on loan at Burnley last season 

Washington CF - Brazilian Chelsea 

Veliz CF - Tottenham

Marshall  CF - West Ham 

silva - CF - Wolves 

Fraser CF - wolves 

jebbison CF - Bournemouth 

chermiti- CF - Everton 

Stansfield CF - Fulham 

Mara CF - Southampton 

Stewart Cf- Southampton 

Cannon CF - Leicester 

Al- Hamadi CF - Ipswich 

these are the only ones I could think of 

1 minute ago, Simmoram2024Ramsrontheup said:

For number 9s from the premier league on loan  that Warne describes as exciting.

Veliz CF - Tottenham

Marshall  CF - West Ham 

silva - CF - Wolves 

Fraser CF - wolves 

chermiti- CF - Everton 

Stansfield CF - Fulham 

Mara CF - Southampton 

Stewart Cf- Southampton 

Cannon CF - Leicester 

Al- Hamadi CF - Ipswich 

Mad impressed that you know that many 9's with the same initials. 

8 minutes ago, Simmoram2024Ramsrontheup said:

Veliz CF - Tottenham

Marshall  CF - West Ham 

silva - CF - Wolves 

Fraser CF - wolves 

chermiti- CF - Everton 

Stansfield CF - Fulham 

Mara CF - Southampton 

Stewart Cf- Southampton 

Cannon CF - Leicester 

Al- Hamadi CF - Ipswich 

Did he confirm it was a loan from a premier league club?

50 minutes ago, Simmoram2024Ramsrontheup said:

Veliz CF - Tottenham

Marshall  CF - West Ham 

silva - CF - Wolves 

Fraser CF - wolves 

chermiti- CF - Everton 

Stansfield CF - Fulham 

Mara CF - Southampton 

Stewart Cf- Southampton 

Cannon CF - Leicester 

Al- Hamadi CF - Ipswich 

For the profile of striker we’d be after the options left off that list would probably be.

Ross Stewart

Sekou Mara

Youssef Chermiti

Fabio Silva

Daniel Jebbison

Fofana from Chelsea except I’d imagine he’d be too expensive even as a loan.

Potentially Nathan Fraser. 

3 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Mount Tomori & Wilson were when we could pay silly wages and we had a manager who had a bit more of a Premier link than Warne 

That's not going to happen this time round is it, come on, if we got say Clark from Liverpool I'd be absolutely amazed 

24 minutes ago, eddy779h34 said:

Mount Tomori & Wilson were when we could pay silly wages and we had a manager who had a bit more of a Premier link than Warne 

That's not going to happen this time round is it, come on, if we got say Clark from Liverpool I'd be absolutely amazed 

The point I’m making isn’t comparing the wages of those players we’ve had before, just that I feel 2 or 3 of the “right” additions could complement and elevate the side further, so for me there’s no need to panic about it just yet.

I’m not telling anyone else how to feel, just presenting my own thoughts as I don’t feel as pessimistic about things (yet) as some others seem to.