Transfer rumours

10 minutes ago, StaffsRam said:

Didn't he insinuate that fans would be upset by one of the potential leavers - could be £££ing in on Cash, which would obviously raise some more £££ towards strengthening some of the other positions (and a replacement). 

Mendez-Laing is the only other I could imagine us cashing in on.

If a league 1 club throwing money around sees him as one of the best league 1 players last season, he could be worth 500k to them.

1 hour ago, Taribo said:

Ok, the petulant teenager in me is annoyed that PW said we’d have a new player joining us yesterday. I know I’m being mardy but where is he?? I want my new signing now! 

To be fair, the new player is probably with the rest of the lads for training today but won’t be announced until later. 

Go to your room immediately young man! 😉 

1 minute ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

If a league 1 club throwing money around sees him as one of the best league 1 players last season, he could be worth 500k to them.

Replacing him would cost us more than the 500k we'd get, so that'd be pointless.

52 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Watkins was at Brentford for 2 years before we signed Bielik, with them selling him for £34m the year after

Was it Benrama they bought the year after and also made a whacking profit ? My main point was that Beilik was our worst signing in history .

5 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Yes, NML's age would likely restrict any fee we'd get for him, even under contract, so we'd do well to get half a mill for him. That being said, we'd spend that again replacing him, probably that and then some. 

If we were looking to move anyone on to raise funds then I'd say probably Cash (because he'd raise the most), or Thompson (because it would be pure profit and we'd already have cover).

34 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I do think we will be fine defensively, midfield is shaping up nicely too.

We could just do with a Mitrovic and Knockheart type (in their prime of course). 

Someone up front who can stick his foot on it and hold it up and knows where the net is and a Championship quality match winner.   Get them and I think we look alright.  Finding them is where Mark Thomas earns his wage and my respect.

I’m leaning into the realms of fantasy a little here but how good would it be if we discovered one of those “championship cheat codes”?! Like those two you mentioned or one of the many others that have existed through the years, our own version of that player who flourishes in the champ and takes the league by storm…maybe it’ll be Kenzo 🤞 

28 minutes ago, StaffsRam said:

Didn't he insinuate that fans would be upset by one of the potential leavers - could be £££ing in on Cash, which would obviously raise some more £££ towards strengthening some of the other positions (and a replacement). 

Pure speculation but Ipswich being long term admirers there could be a deal on the table for Cashin that's a wedge + Baggot in exchange? We've agreed in principle and said let us do some business elsewhere first so not to inflate any fees when other clubs realise we've got a chunk of money to spend.

Cashin is a cracking player but if his sale meant 3 good champ players coming in to balance the squad then so be it.

1 minute ago, samtheram83 said:

Cashin is a cracking player but if his sale meant 3 good champ players coming in to balance the squad then so be it.

I think that's where I am too. Losing Knight, Bird and Sibley has mentally prepared me for any of these players going. 

3 minutes ago, StaffsRam said:

I think that's where I am too. Losing Knight, Bird and Sibley has mentally prepared me for any of these players going. 

With Cash, I'd love to keep him this year for stability and then hopefully take a great offer for him. I might be in the minority, but I just don't see a premier league player there. And I don't mean because that's where we're going, I just mean that the great money might stop being offered, then we end up with a situation we've seen too many times with our Academy lads.

1 minute ago, Srg said:

With Cash, I'd love to keep him this year for stability and then hopefully take a great offer for him. I might be in the minority, but I just don't see a premier league player there. And I don't mean because that's where we're going, I just mean that the great money might stop being offered, then we end up with a situation we've seen too many times with our Academy lads.

A solid Championship season behind him would only increase his value I think. He'd have a year less on his contract but he's only just signed a new one so we'd still get a hefty fee if we decided to £££ in next summer.

He's very much a player that's still developing, otherwise we'd be seeing teams battering our doors down with £10m+ offers. How much he can develop and improve going forward....who knows? I think he'd be solid in the Champ but if he went to a Prem team this summer then I'd put money on him being loaned back out to the Champ for at least another year anyway.

Kind of all depends on what offers would be there for him now and whether we actually want the money now. We may have enough already for what we need.

1 hour ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

How's the job search going Billy? I thought you were quite badly treated but your football was pretty dour.....

🤭

I was busy looking at cloggers from Scotland but unfortunately I can't seem to bring them in, as I keep mentioning how I want success at Preston.

2 minutes ago, SSD said:

Billy Davies was busy looking at cloggers from Scotland but unfortunately Billy Davies can't seem to bring them in, as Billy Davies keeps mentioning how Billy Davies wants success at Preston.

Fixed 🙂

1 hour ago, EnigmaRam said:

I think once Ozoh and Zetterstrom are signed. We need a target man number 9. A goal scoring number 10. A LWB and a pacey centre back.

That would make it a very good transfer window in my eyes  

Some target men I’d look at 

Lyden Dykes - fee

Ross Stewart - loan 

Lawrence Shankland- fee 

Alexander Lind- fee 

Joe Taylor I think he’s called - Luton