Transfer rumours

25 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Is Baggott known for his pace?

He played 14 games on loan at Bristol Rovers at the end of last season and impressed manager Matt Taylor with his physicality and mobility according to Wiki. He's 6'5" but looks very lean and athletic.

However, I recall him, mainly for his height, when he played against us when we won 3-0 away in March. We gave them the  runaround in the second half and he, along with their other defenders, was all over the place. But as they say, one swallow doesn't make a summer.

Baggott is certainly highly rated by Ipswich fans, he came on today in a friendly where they made a lot of changes at once and every comment was fans happy to see Baggott getting more minutes in the first team.

Maybe in a euros squad ? 

On the goalkeeper situation, Paul Warne says “There’s been a target in mind for weeks now but, there’s a complication to it which will become very evident once he signs hopefully but if not we have to persevere with another target” 

7 minutes ago, bucktwo said:

Maybe in a euros squad ? 

On the goalkeeper situation, Paul Warne says “There’s been a target in mind for weeks now but, there’s a complication to it which will become very evident once he signs hopefully but if not we have to persevere with another target” 

Rodak?

1 hour ago, Spender said:

He played 14 games on loan at Bristol Rovers at the end of last season and impressed manager Matt Taylor with his physicality and mobility according to Wiki. He's 6'5" but looks very lean and athletic.

However, I recall him, mainly for his height, when he played against us when we won 3-0 away in March. We gave them the  runaround in the second half and he, along with their other defenders, was all over the place. But as they say, one swallow doesn't make a summer.

I beg to differ 😂

43 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I would say definitely Rodak and the other target(s) would be Iversen and others, reading between the lines. 

I would say Iverson is the complication. We started talks at the end of the season and though we were paying X% of Y wages. Promotion then upped his wages to Z, with Leicester wanting us to pay more than we originally thought.

The Swedish keeper and others (Inc Rodak?) being backup options.

27 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I would say Iverson is the complication. We started talks at the end of the season and though we were paying X% of Y wages. Promotion then upped his wages to Z, with Leicester wanting us to pay more than we originally thought.

The Swedish keeper and others (Inc Rodak?) being backup options.

Would the complication of wages and pay increases be ‘very evident’ to fans though? The complication of being away for an international tournament is more prevalent and unavoidable in terms of getting a player signed up.

That’s how I would see it anyway. 

46 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Would the complication of wages and pay increases be ‘very evident’ to fans though? The complication of being away for an international tournament is more prevalent and unavoidable in terms of getting a player signed up.

I agree. Some supposed contract clause isn’t going to be the obvious reason for the delay. 

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

On the other hand, it would have been obvious to the management team that Rodak was going to be part of a Euro squad. Slovakia spending 4 days extra in Germany than expected isn't what I'd call a complication.

Knowing us, the complication is an injury a player picked up this week and will be out for 2 months.

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

On the other hand, it would have been obvious to the management team that Rodak was going to be part of a Euro squad. Slovakia spending 4 days extra in Germany than expected isn't what I'd call a complication.

Knowing us, the complication is an injury a player picked up this week and will be out for 2 months.

Or taking a holiday?

7 minutes ago, inter politics said:

Just now, Ambitious said:

So a guy who makes his living by linking players to clubs, in this case knows a player who the club wants - but isn’t giving any names?

It sounds like Ebiowei to me…

5 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

So a guy who makes his living by linking players to clubs, in this case knows a player who the club wants - but isn’t giving any names?

Says he should be able to say the names (and GK name) next week but yes it's all riddles, just passing it on

Just now, inter politics said:

Says he should be able to say the names (and GK name) next week but yes it's all riddles, just passing it on

I’ll take anything, honestly, but always wonder what the motives are when they start speaking in riddles. I don’t see what benefit Darren gets out of it, unless not to drop a ‘contact’ in the s***.

16 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

It sounds like Ebiowei to me…

Could easily be Rak Sakyi who is meant to be going out on loan again - same (right winger, left footed) homegrown but English/Ghanan.

Not sure what Ebiowei’s origin is, but he’s shown as just English as far as I can tell. 

Just now, Ambitious said:

Could easily be Rak Sakyi who is meant to be going out on loan again - same (right winger, left footed) homegrown but English/Ghanan.

Not sure what Ebiowei’s origin is, but he’s shown as just English as far as I can tell. 

Alan Nixon posted that Southampton were looking to sign him the other day.