Derbys a s**t hole I want to go home

39 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

That the best you can do rather than have a proper debate.  Short hand s*** housing.  I'll leave it with you . Enjoy your walk round the river gardens but keep your stick handy to fend of the local wildlife Stevie Wonder.

Yeah I hate it when I make up some utter rubbish and then someone immediately debunks it out too!

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Your a master of verbal excrement mate.  It's all over this forum in spades.

Ah! When you said "a proper debate" I didn't realise you meant at this level! 

I bow out sir, I am no match for you and your thesaurus (and your imagined lack of plants in Derby City Centre)

You win! , 😂 

11 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

generally all busy towns/cities that are diverse and multi-cultural are dumps.

The Arboretum – the first public park in the UK - had been a source of pride and the locals often liked to stroll around admiring the various attractions of the place. Then in the 1960s it suddenly became full of men loitering on the mounds playing cards. It seemed that these people didn’t have any respect for the gardens. The decline of the Arboretum prefigured the decline of Derby as a whole. Many of the newcomers didn’t have any pride in the city. The crazily painted house on Dairyhouse Rd was another sign that things were getting strange. On top of this we had corrupt and stupid councillors destroying beautiful buildings. I don’t live in Derby anymore and you’d have to pay me a lot of money to live there now. But it’s not just Derby. Things are in decline everywhere in the UK. I was in a small town in Devon the other week and I could see signs of the same cultural changes that have destroyed Derby.

Derby, like Birmingham, like all cities have their good parts and their bad parts, the nicer cities have a better proportion of the good parts.

I went to Vancouver just before the winter olympics in 2009, at the time Vancouver was listed as the third best city in the world, to live in. I went fully expecting some kind of utopia, but was disappointed. One day, whilst walking in a tourist area with my wife and young children, we made a wrong turn and within 100 yards, we were in an area that I would describe as looking like the 'Bronx', with gangs of youths hanging about the streets and rubbish and decay everywhere.

55 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-12483652

Stick that in your debunk pipe 

Enjoy your evening 

That's a nice article from 2011, when as you say they closed the Council Greenhouse, and you actual quote was

when did you last see a plant in a tub since they closed the glasshouse at Markeaton 

I simply pointed out that there was a whole load of plants in tubs last summer, all through the city - link you want is it?
https://madeinderbyshire.org/news/floral-decoration-cathedral-quarter-and-st-peters-quarter

Oh and you also said 

or actively repairing a pavement other than putting a large block of tarmac in a hole in place of a slab

seemingly oblivious to the fact that they have been repaving the Spot and Victoria St for the last few months and are currently doing Albert St. This is it today

image.png.adb16ed696dc2fcfc18cb3306363fb5a.png

But I get it, it's nice to have a moan about stuff you imagined up in your own  noggin

1 minute ago, Stive Pesley said:

That's a nice article from 2011, when as you say they closed the Council Greenhouse, and you actual quote was

I simply pointed out that there was a whole load of plants in tubs last summer, all through the city - link you want is it?
https://madeinderbyshire.org/news/floral-decoration-cathedral-quarter-and-st-peters-quarter

Oh and you also said 

seemingly oblivious to the fact that they have been repaving the Spot and Victoria St for the last few months and are currently doing Albert St. This is it today

image.png.adb16ed696dc2fcfc18cb3306363fb5a.png

But I get it, it's nice to have a moan about stuff you imagined up in your own  noggin

Blimey, a couple of hundred metres that have replaced and directly opposite a market place and theatre that needed millions extra spending on it after it was bodged together for a fiver.  Probably been costing millions in compo cases 

You insinuated that there had been no change to the planting in Derby in a sneering b******* manner which I know is normally the way you respond to posts on here.  You didn't simply respond as it's not your way.  I showed this was incorrect.  

On 21/05/2024 at 22:03, vonwright said:

Any list that ranks Portsmouth a better place for a short break than Manchester, Brighton or Leeds can be safely ignored. 

My other half comes from pompey, and we go down there to visit once a year.

have to say sitting at Gunwharf quay with a cuppa or a beer if I’m not driving is certainly one of my guilty pleasures. Then a walk down to the beach at southsea and just let the world go by without a care.

Derby isn’t as bad as is being made out either. All I will say is if anyone thinks Derby is bad, then please don’t visit Dundee or Glasgow up here in Scotland.

On a sunny day, take a stroll along the course of Markeaton Brook all the way up to the park - you'll pass a lot of history, see wildfowl in the brook and some wonderful trees in the park. Urban life at it's best. You can do similar walking from town through Darley Park all the way up to the Shiny Taproom at Little Eaton.

Sh*thole? Only if you lack imagination.

4 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

and everyone agreed you were the cleverest boy in the class . 😍

Thanks.  You can have the form award for trying to twist everyones opinion to fit your own agenda and failing. Your dunce cap is waiting in the corner. 

7 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Yes, there is plenty to see if you ignore the middle of the city centre and council mismanagement and shove a few visits to Derbyshire into the mix.  

You mean peek at the peak?  Lovely.

Anything Derby connected is fine seen through my tinted glasses.

I really am wanting to visit, but won't give a date until I really am booked, unlike some

Meeting up with uhm real Rams would suffice, I dare say

And on top of that, no worries, I have been to Hull

On 21/05/2024 at 20:12, YouRams said:

I can't say I disagree with this article. I commented in a thread a while ago when people were saying PW couldn't attract players that moving to Derby city isn't the most attractive place for a young lad to move his life to.

Its such a shame our city is in major decline, can/will anything be done about it? It has a great football club, great people it deserves some investment.

https://metro.co.uk/2024/05/21/rundown-dump-named-worst-city-visit-uk-20878606/?ito=facebook|social|metroukfacebook&fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR2O4TgdgVBmSMSah4CP0jSzobd8kpnSFIlKA_C6qLe9Q90vFi2v-3QEkDk_aem_Adm1k_uJuZ9eaw3ylzy3ymWbq5afTZirhisMtwEU4dz5k8LhKvaAG1Y8lizBqARGBbaM4_GxkqT7wlX0MS60FjpT

Good job we’re derby county then isnt it

derbyshire is bloody stunning

9 hours ago, Normanton Lad said:

Then in the 1960s it suddenly became full of men loitering on the mounds playing cards.

I've never been to said park, but I'm loving this image. Did the mounds offer a good vantage spot to see the cards of the opponent. Or were they all just playing Patience by themselves from on high?

Were the cards just a cover for cottaging, or worse still a place to plan the decline of Britain by painting a nearby house a strange colour?