UEFA Euro 2024 Thread

Day

13 minutes ago, maydrakin said:

I know I have paid absolutely no attention to the top division for a couple of years, but I can honestly say that I have never heard of 10 of the players in the provisional squad and don’t think I could pick several more out of a line up…

Not just me then 🙂

50 minutes ago, maydrakin said:

I know I have paid absolutely no attention to the top division for a couple of years, but I can honestly say that I have never heard of 10 of the players in the provisional squad and don’t think I could pick several more out of a line up…

36 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Not just me then 🙂

507862f5-0e02-48c5-8a87-c04258790389_tex

3 hours ago, maydrakin said:

Your first statement explains the second

1 hour ago, Scott129 said:

£25 per person feels a bit steep...

A bit maybe, but not excessively so, imo.

The package includes:

- One-Course Street Food Buffet

- Free Car-Parking in the Toyota West Stand Car Park

- Table Service for Drinks

- Multiple screens of the England Fixture

Admittedly, you'd probably get a similar amount of nosh in a foody pub, the same free parking, and potentially (or not!) the choice of multiple screens in your local, and all for a tenner less, at best?  

But that could be overcrowded, crap view of the screen(s), potentially rowdy etc.

Hey, neither option is for me, but I'd expect DCFC will have a full take-up for each game, so can't be that expensive.  We'll see I guess.

👍🍻

1 minute ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

The U17s are showing how NOT to play a3-5-2. There's a weak, slow rcb who's been picked off twice.

Portugal 3-1 England 

Stet. 4-1

Was 1-1 at half time and England well in it. Centre midfield has looked like ours in the second half. Completely absent.

12 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Stet. 4-1

Was 1-1 at half time and England well in it. Centre midfield has looked like ours in the second half. Completely absent.

Let's hope they are another team that go on to achieve success with a completely absent centre midfield.

2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Let's hope they are another team that go on to achieve success with a completely absent centre midfield.

Unfortunately for England, Portugal saw the weaknesses and exploited them quickly and efficiently.

RCB was another problem area....the right wing back didn't track back - possibly he's more of a right winger, so the lad at rcb got pulled out to deal with pacey Portuguese wingers and got done twice.

Then in attack everything seems to go through Mikey Moore, who was very greedy both dribbling and trying to shoot.

Was a lesson for the team.

21 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

A bit maybe, but not excessively so, imo.

The package includes:

- One-Course Street Food Buffet

- Free Car-Parking in the Toyota West Stand Car Park

- Table Service for Drinks

- Multiple screens of the England Fixture

Admittedly, you'd probably get a similar amount of nosh in a foody pub, the same free parking, and potentially (or not!) the choice of multiple screens in your local, and all for a tenner less, at best?  

But that could be overcrowded, crap view of the screen(s), potentially rowdy etc.

Hey, neither option is for me, but I'd expect DCFC will have a full take-up for each game, so can't be that expensive.  We'll see I guess.

👍🍻

I bet in the future they’ll be able to project abba style holographs of the match in real time on the actual pitch. That would be pretty cool. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/05/2024 at 12:16, therealhantsram said:

If we are on the opposite side if of the draw to France, then a France v England final should be the aim.

Local estate agents just pushed a Euros wall chart through the door.

If England and France both win their groups they would not be scheduled to meet until the final. 👀

Dunk and guehi seem to be inferior clones of Maguire and stones.

We don't have anyone close to Bellinghams level if he isn't available.

Looks like we don't have much depth below the first xi.

That said, Eze has given it a go.

Not a fan of either Bowen or Gallagher.