Pre season

57 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Ozoh just has that look about him that there's a player in there.

Strong, gangly, deceptive ...dare I say 'Vieira-esque'?

Except he scores more goals....

Really trying not to get too excited, but he's promising beyond belief.

Wilson makes it 2-1... love him too. 

Way more urgency and effort, caught them on their heels.

10 minutes ago, Big Bad Bob said:

I'm still a little perplexed with the Brown situation. We need someone who is strong, mobile, quick, can hold the ball up and bring others in and knows where the back of the net is. Doesn't Brown have most! / all of those attributes? 

I trust in warne but I would have liked to see him get more minutes in pre season. 

It is a strange position that we appear to value other sides young players above our own “home grown” players.

12 minutes ago, Big Bad Bob said:

I'm still a little perplexed with the Brown situation. We need someone who is strong, mobile, quick, can hold the ball up and bring others in and knows where the back of the net is. Doesn't Brown have most! / all of those attributes? 

I trust in warne but I would have liked to see him get more minutes in pre season. 

Cant say he has done anything in preseason yet really to show he is capable of starting at Championship level

1 minute ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

It is a strange position that we appear to value other sides young players above our own “home grown” players.

I’m pretty confident that if was ready to play a big part for us this season then Warne would be ecstatic at that and play him accordingly.

think he obviously seems him as a level off, a loan to league two or league one what’s going to help him currently.

I also note that, in the replay for the Wilson goal, Ozoh was one of the first to celebrate and run towards Wilson with a beaming smile in his face.

Let’s hope this could be the start of an Ebou Adam’s-esque love affair between player and club, fans and player 💕

Hopefully the longest transfer topic at the start of the 2025 season is the ‘Will he, won’t he’ speculation as to whether he will join on a permanent as we tool-up for the Premier League…And meet Palace’s £25 million valuation! 😬😎

13 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

If it were 2 weeks ago and we had two more friendly games left, I'd be really happy with what I've seen that half. 

The new players look good and there's more to arrive. Midfield was the most bare and we have recruited well.

Then remembering we have less than a week left, we look bit undercooked, and quite honestly we were totally toothless up front.

The league isn’t won in August and we have best part of a month before the window shuts. It seems everyone is doing their business late this window. I also remember reading somewhere from a fitness coach that players aren’t supposed to hit peak fitness until 5-6 games into the season…

I agree that we look undercooked but the same will be true for many of our rivals who are still patching their squads together. It’s easy to put too much weight on the Blackburn game because it feels like we’ve been waiting for ages for it, but it’s only 3 points out of 138.

Can’t see us keeping any clean sheets at all while we have to play Vickers in goal though…

8 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Cant say he has done anything in preseason yet really to show he is capable of starting at Championship level

The Sam goes for quite a few of our players if we are honest 

2 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Tyrese Fornah looks like a man possessed today. Wether he’s playing for a move or for a start but he’s looked great.

Interesting comments from Shaun Barker...

ITK? Commenting on him not doing it in training,  being consistent every day etc.