Pre season

39 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

According to others yes.  Hamshaw mentioned it. 

I've just had a listen to MH's pre-game interview (yesterday morning) and what he actually says is, 'we'll do a little bit on that here this morning, we'll do a lot more in a double-session tomorrow.'

From 2.00 into the video...

Was at the game lastnight! Who was the player watching in the stands! At the end people were taking photos with him! A winger by the sounds of it, rafeal? Dont follow the transfer gossip until its confirmed, so no idea! Anyone know who the lad is? He looked young!

I was at the game last night.

we looked tired all over the pitch. It looked like it had been thrown together ten minutes beforehand 

it was embarrassing and unprofessional 

it was a psf that I hope we can all forget, get properly prepared for the next one and move on 🙃

I think signing Ebou is big but tbh I worry for us abit this season with the squad as it stands. I think we lack a lot of quality up top we did at times last season but we were solid and had the extra quality.  We rely on NML alot and we defo need more options in attack especailly outwide (better wingbacks if we are playing 5back not Elder there) and also a better quality of striker.

Also think 5atb will mean we will be penned in our own half too much and I dont see us as a counter attacking side as of yet.  Still have time yet to buy more players but as of now I think it would just be about survival and it would be nice if we could atleast get 60+ points for a club of our size and revenue. Have real low expectations tbh just want front foot football and some intent especially at home and survival with some promising players for next season.

Edited by Marriot Ram99

10 hours ago, Premier ram said:

the time to start judging for me is around Christmas

That’s very late. Of course if things pick up around Xmas - or even after the Jan window - everything can change. But if you’re already on your uppers at Xmas the rot might have set in 

End of September, latest mid October, is time enough to see which way the wind is beginning to blow

Panic on the streets of Derby
Panic on the streets of Birmingham
I wonder to myself
"Could life ever be sane again?"
The Leeds side streets that you slip down
I wonder to myself

Hopes may rise on the Grasmere
But honey pie, you're not safe here
So you run down to the safety of the town
But there's panic on the streets of Carlisle
Dublin, Dundee, Humberside
I wonder to myself

No point worrying or getting upset about something you can’t control.

No point panicking about something you can’t control.

No point wasting your money, time and effort about something you can’t control.

No point picking a team, picking out faults, picking a football club to support then not supporting it when there is something you can control.

D.C.F.C back it or pack it in. 🖤 🐏

18 hours ago, Premier ram said:

Was there last night , forget the result, forget the performance, if the bed wetter scared to listen to Matt Hamshaws interview before the game he said the lads would be doling a double session training and would enter the game  with tired legs, this was definitely the case with most of them 

This match like any other friendly is a training session , Warne will be monitoring and gauging fitness levels , with still more players to come in I’m sure the starting 11 for Blackburn is far from cast in stone , the time to start judging for me is around Christmas when the team has taken shape, new players have bedded in , let Warney and the club get on with the job in hand and stop pressing the panic button after a friendly mid July

I don’t think it as simple as that. The time to “judge” Will be fluid and contingent upon results.

For example, if we have a disastrous start and lose pretty much every game up to the end of October and find ourselves in big trouble, then that might be the time to “judge”. If we have a poor start but not quite as bad as the aforementioned scenario then judgement day may be deferred until the turn of the year. If we have a decent start but the wheels begin to fall off big time towards the end of the year then the date might early(ish) in the new year. If we have a good/decent start (and season as a whole) then his job will be secure until the fun starts all over again the following season. Who’d be a football manager eh? It’s easy to see why some ex players prefer the lucrative and relatively easy life of punditry to coaching.

13 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I don’t think it as simple as that. The time to “judge” Will be fluid and contingent upon results.

For example, if we have a disastrous start and lose pretty much every game up to the end of October and find ourselves in big trouble, then that might be the time to “judge”. If we have a poor start but not quite as bad as the aforementioned scenario then judgement day may be deferred until the turn of the year. If we have a decent start but the wheels begin to fall off big time towards the end of the year then the date might early(ish) in the new year. If we have a good/decent start (and season as a whole) then his job will be secure until the fun starts all over again the following season. Who’d be a football manager eh? It’s easy to see why some ex players prefer the lucrative and relatively easy life of punditry to coaching.

Fair point mate

11 hours ago, DE56Ram said:

it was a psf that I hope we can all forget, get properly prepared for the next one and move on 🙃

Could well be a generational thing but I have no idea what a psf is, unless you're referring to the Plastic Soup Foundation.

As with anything, that 90 minutes should not be taken at face value. You should also look at the background to any situation. Look at the whole picture, not just the "lowlights". According to Hammy they were going to do 2 training sessions on the day of the friendly. IMO, anybody hammering the staff and players for looking poor in a game having already done 2 sessions that day is not using their brain. Yes, it didn't look good. Yes, we looked vulnerable down our left 1st half. We started both halves well but fell away. Disappointing? Absolutely. However, pre season was mapped out long ago. He didn't say so, but 3 weeks in, what we saw at Chesterfield is probably what PW expected. We all know that, historically, good pre seasons can lead to poor season starts and vice versa. Wait and see where we are a dozen games in. That will be a far better reflection of where we are in terms of what we may reasonably expect this season.

2 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Panic on the streets of Derby
Panic on the streets of Birmingham
I wonder to myself
"Could life ever be sane again?"
The Leeds side streets that you slip down
I wonder to myself

Hopes may rise on the Grasmere
But honey pie, you're not safe here
So you run down to the safety of the town
But there's panic on the streets of Carlisle
Dublin, Dundee, Humberside
I wonder to myself

No point worrying or getting upset about something you can’t control.

No point panicking about something you can’t control.

No point wasting your money, time and effort about something you can’t control.

No point picking a team, picking out faults, picking a football club to support then not supporting it when there is something you can control.

D.C.F.C back it or pack it in. 🖤 🐏

I never liked the smiths I found them depressing so I avoided their music.

I’ve never found my football club depressing through thick or thin,  except through administration and near insolvency 

That was depressing!

🤗🐏

4 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

Could well be a generational thing but I have no idea what a psf is, unless you're referring to the Plastic Soup Foundation.

As with anything, that 90 minutes should not be taken at face value. You should also look at the background to any situation. Look at the whole picture, not just the "lowlights". According to Hammy they were going to do 2 training sessions on the day of the friendly. IMO, anybody hammering the staff and players for looking poor in a game having already done 2 sessions that day is not using their brain. Yes, it didn't look good. Yes, we looked vulnerable down our left 1st half. We started both halves well but fell away. Disappointing? Absolutely. However, pre season was mapped out long ago. He didn't say so, but 3 weeks in, what we saw at Chesterfield is probably what PW expected. We all know that, historically, good pre seasons can lead to poor season starts and vice versa. Wait and see where we are a dozen games in. That will be a far better reflection of where we are in terms of what we may reasonably expect this season.

pre- season-friendly

so you think Paul Warne probably expected embarrassment? His word

I don’t think he did. 

like I said let’s get properly prepared for match practices and move on 😊

10 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

Pre- season friendly.

I’d like to see a team of 

Vickers

Nyambe Nelson Cashin Elder

Ebou Osborn

Kayden Kenzo NML

Yates 

It’s obvious Kayden and Mendez can get in behind and can beat any defenders for pace just need a poacher and some movement for them. Smart runs in and round the box from Yates Kenzo and Osborn from deep could provide some actual chances.

2 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

I’d like to see a team of 

Vickers

Nyambe Nelson Cashin Elder

Ebou Osborn

Kayden Kenzo NML

Yates 

It’s obvious Kayden and Mendez can get in behind and can beat any defenders for pace just need a poacher and some movement for them. Smart runs in and round the box from Yates Kenzo and Osborn from deep could provide some actual chances.

Swap Osborn and Kenzo and that's what I want to see

23 minutes ago, Srg said:

Swap Osborn and Kenzo and that's what I want to see

It’s only when you see our revised team that you really appreciate how out of place Collins looks.

We really are reliant upon a player who can score 15 or more in the championship.

11 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

It’s only when you see our revised team that you really appreciate how out of place Collins looks.

We really are reliant upon a player who can score 15 or more in the championship.

I don't think we are. Only 10 players scored 15 or more last season - 3 of those got promoted. Ipswich didn't have one, they did have 2 get 13 a piece though. 

I think the bigger target should be getting players to double figures. Yates can do it, can Jackson/NML get 20 between then? Potentially, or at least 15 seems realistic. CBT will likely get a couple, but not get the game time for much more. We know we're after a bit more going forward, so we can get there.

My lad suggested just now that I was far too negative in my post re Chesterfield. His Dad is a glass 🥃 half full person so here goes. . .

My word Jackson is some athlete he and NML (and CBT when he gets going) will roast defences as Eoghan1884 just remarked 👍

they got us in some terrific positions lots of times first half, but we lacked a finisher. CF incoming!!

Kenzo was a real live wire 👍

Ryanbe can play RCB in a three not much trouble came that way 👍

The pubs were brill pre-match and the stadium DJ got us jigging in the build-up and at HT - great music 🎶👍

6 minutes ago, Srg said:

I don't think we are. Only 10 players scored 15 or more last season - 3 of those got promoted. Ipswich didn't have one, they did have 2 get 13 a piece though. 

I think the bigger target should be getting players to double figures. Yates can do it, can Jackson/NML get 20 between then? Potentially, or at least 15 seems realistic. CBT will likely get a couple, but not get the game time for much more. We know we're after a bit more going forward, so we can get there.

Hope you’re right but Jackson doesn’t really have history as a ruthless finisher and NML needs to show he can step up. I would be delighted with 15 goals between them.

I don’t think we have many goals in our midfield so more pressure on the striker than last year.

But I guess we’ll see 😊