Derby v Carlisle tickets wanted

On 14/04/2024 at 22:40, Bob The Badger said:

I'd love one too. Drove up from Cornwall for this weekends thinking that would be it until next season. But Mrs Badger has agreed to cover all our dog bases if I can get a ticket. 

Happy to pay a convenience fee on top of the ticket price and throw in a Doberman or two. 

Dog Sleep GIF by MARDYCOLOR

3 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

I had a season ticket for 30 years until I moved to the US. I followed Derby home and away and have stood on terraces with a handful of other Rams fans in the days in the old second division when we had nothing like the away support we have now. And home games dipped under 10k. I put on bus trips many times from Matlock and I was as loyal as pretty much anybody on this board.

I now live in western Cornwall, and getting back for games is very difficult. Not least because the number of painkillers I have to take because I get sciatica when driving for more than an hour, is verging on suicidal.

I freely admit I'd not want to put myself through the pain and discomfort of driving 6 or 7 hours each way for a meaningless game, so if that means 'sunshine supporter' to you, so be it. But I'm relaxed in the knowledge that I've put in my time and spent tens of thousands of pounds watching Derby on 70 different league grounds. 

As for why I didn't buy one 4 weeks ago. That was because I had to make a choice of coming up for the Orient game or the last game, and as it was a mate's birthday this last weekend and my wedding anniversary on Saturday, we rolled the dice.

Bob the Badger - Do you really think I'm having a go at the likes of yourself, then you are mistaken.

I'm now in my 70's, having first stepped inside the Baseball Ground in 1962, as well as retaining my season ticket when I worked in the Middle East for 20+ years!! Oh yes, that was difficult getting back to Derby and I missed many games.

You know as well as I do, there are so called "fans" who try to convince you that they've "never missed a game", but be unable to name a player; manager or any outstanding games which we could all recall instantly.

Look at the scramble and arguments which arose when we last played at Wembley and "fans" were trying to get tickets for the play-off game. You mark my words, if we end up in the Wembley play-off final again, then it'll be exactly the same arguments.

5 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

I had a season ticket for 30 years until I moved to the US. I followed Derby home and away and have stood on terraces with a handful of other Rams fans in the days in the old second division when we had nothing like the away support we have now. And home games dipped under 10k. I put on bus trips many times from Matlock and I was as loyal as pretty much anybody on this board.

I now live in western Cornwall, and getting back for games is very difficult. Not least because the number of painkillers I have to take because I get sciatica when driving for more than an hour, is verging on suicidal.

I freely admit I'd not want to put myself through the pain and discomfort of driving 6 or 7 hours each way for a meaningless game, so if that means 'sunshine supporter' to you, so be it. But I'm relaxed in the knowledge that I've put in my time and spent tens of thousands of pounds watching Derby on 70 different league grounds. 

As for why I didn't buy one 4 weeks ago. That was because I had to make a choice of coming up for the Orient game or the last game, and as it was a mate's birthday this last weekend and my wedding anniversary on Saturday, we rolled the dice.

Take no notice Bob , anybody our age will surely understand that though you might not get to games regularly at any stage of life for various or any reasons , when big games / days like this or Wembley come along there’s a real urge to want to be there , it’s not like your screaming you deserve a ticket but you are simply saying you would absolutely love to be there and would do what it takes to get a chance of a ticket 🤷🏻‍♂️,

im lucky enough to have season tickets at the moment but it doesn’t make me anymore of a fan than you ,,, I hope you get a ticket mate👍

I'm also looking for a single derby ticket for the carlisle game - please let me know if you know of any ticket that becomes available- willing to spend much more than they are worth 

come on you rams !!!

Edited by ThePrisoner

4 hours ago, ImARam2 said:

Bob the Badger - Do you really think I'm having a go at the likes of yourself, then you are mistaken.

I'm now in my 70's, having first stepped inside the Baseball Ground in 1962, as well as retaining my season ticket when I worked in the Middle East for 20+ years!! Oh yes, that was difficult getting back to Derby and I missed many games.

You know as well as I do, there are so called "fans" who try to convince you that they've "never missed a game", but be unable to name a player; manager or any outstanding games which we could all recall instantly.

Look at the scramble and arguments which arose when we last played at Wembley and "fans" were trying to get tickets for the play-off game. You mark my words, if we end up in the Wembley play-off final again, then it'll be exactly the same arguments.

I've no idea tbh because I've not interacted with you before that I remember. But no harm done. 

1 hour ago, Ben Parkes said:

I'm also looking for a single derby ticket for the carlisle game - please let me know if you know of any ticket that becomes available- willing to spend much more than they are worth 

come on you rams !!!

I know there are some people willing to sit in the home end at away matches.  I do wonder, seeing as a club like Carlisle don't have a massive fan base, whether some people might have considered sitting in the away end at a home game.

Not suggesting it, of course. 

Edited by ThePrisoner

1 hour ago, Ben Parkes said:

come on you rams !!!

You mean more than face value. Their worth is incalculable!

I'm prepared to offer Mrs Badgers favourite Coach handbag and Kate Spade shoes. 

To some that's about a grand. To me it's my nut sack containing my nuts. 

But tbh, I use my nut sack less than she wears those shoes so it's worth it. 

Edited by ThePrisoner
quote edit

9 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

Does anybody know of a site that sells footie tickets? In the US, getting tickets for any game was a snap. If you were prepared to go to a site like Ticketmaster or Stub Hub, there were always literally hundreds, but it doesn't seem there is much of this going on here.

As the majority of stadiums/arenas there are Live Nation venues it’s easier to rescind the ticket and resell/transfer to an account as LN own Ticketmaster. Can’t really do that here outside of top venues etc. 

1 minute ago, CBX1985 said:

I know there are some people willing to sit in the home end at away matches.  I do wonder, seeing as a club like Carlisle don't have a massive fan base, whether some people might have considered sitting in the away end at a home game.

I remember doing that years ago, for similar reasons.  Ossie End Lower tier, surrounded by Wolves.
A truly awful experience.  (Absolutely no idea what the score was, or even the year!)

2 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I remember doing that years ago, for similar reasons.  Ossie End Lower tier, surrounded by Wolves.
A truly awful experience.  (Absolutely no idea what the score was, or even the year!)

I did it in the Osmaston Upper surrounded by West Ham, and C Stand surrounded by Chelsea. 

I didn't know I was in the away end. And apparently, neither did the stewards or anybody else for that matter.

7 minutes ago, CBX1985 said:

You need a previous buying history to obtain tickets from them, you can’t do it as an afterthought.

29 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

I did it in the Osmaston Upper surrounded by West Ham, and C Stand surrounded by Chelsea. 

I didn't know I was in the away end. And apparently, neither did the stewards or anybody else for that matter.

To avoid confusion, mine was when the away fans were in the Ossie End.  Can't even remember why I did it now.  I assume there was still a pay on the gate option back then?
I was in the lower tier of the seats at the back (Can't remember whether the front/open bit was still terrace, or had gone to all seater by then).

I'm guessing your examples were (lots of) away fans in the home end?  

Like Bob, I moved to the US (for 23 years). Now I am back in the UK, but ill health and distance mean that I have to pick and choose the games I can attend. The last game I saw was vs Port Vale; I have my ticket for the Carlisle game! Btw, the first game I saw was in the old 3rd Division North, at the Baseball Ground, against Grimsby - we lost, 3-1 (they went up as Champions). We won the Division the next season!

1 minute ago, NewEnglandRam said:

Like Bob, I moved to the US (for 23 years). Now I am back in the UK, but ill health and distance mean that I have to pick and choose the games I can attend. The last game I saw was vs Port Vale; I have my ticket for the Carlisle game! Btw, the first game I saw was in the old 3rd Division North, at the Baseball Ground, against Grimsby - we lost, 3-1 (they went up as Champions). We won the Division the next season!

If you're the NER that I think you are, I'm sorry to hear of the ill health buddy.

Oh... and a great big 🍻 to you! 

52 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

To avoid confusion, mine was when the away fans were in the Ossie End.  Can't even remember why I did it now.  I assume there was still a pay on the gate option back then?
I was in the lower tier of the seats at the back (Can't remember whether the front/open bit was still terrace, or had gone to all seater by then).

I'm guessing your examples were (lots of) away fans in the home end?  

Yes, I was behind by <gasp> flippant. 

17 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

If you're the NER that I think you are, I'm sorry to hear of the ill health buddy.

Oh... and a great big 🍻 to you! 

Yes, I remember you! Sadly, I lost my Connecticut-born wife to cancer, then hit a major health road-block myself. Still, I will be at Pride Park to celebrate! Take care.👋

Edited by NewEnglandRam
Misdirected