24/25 Kits

SECornerRAM

7 hours ago, Paultheram said:

Yeah it is, still one of the best shirts we had!

I agree. But the thing is. If they tried to release that today, I’d think it was horrific. Why does it say puma twice, why is the ram in a circle, why is there a button on the colar, why is it so boring with just one black stripe?

so is it the kit I love, or the time it represents and the players that played in it?

Edited by TigerTedd

48 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

I agree. But the thing is. If they tried to release that today, I’d think it was horrific. Why does it say puma twice, why is the ram in a circle, why is there a button on the colar, why is it so boring with just one black stripe?

so is it the kit I love, or the time it represents and the players that played in it?

The latter I reckon. Objectively I’ve always thought this shirt a bit rubbish for the aforementioned reasons. The sewn on patches especially felt a cop out. Which makes no sense when they went to the effort of the bespoke ram watermarked material, which was the only nice bit about the kit really.

7 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Beaten to it by seconds. I wonder if these teases are actually representative of the shirt? They seem to be revealing a lot before the actual reveal?

From the teases so far you get a very good idea what the shirt is like, they may as well just show us the whole kit now right? Here’s another pic from this morning;

IMG_3362.jpeg

16 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

Had more ladders in the material after a week than a Grimsby docks prostitute.

Iconic shirts at least for those in my generation due to the players, absolutely horrific shirts in terms of design, quality and colour….that maroon one was awful, truly awful, wouldn’t buy it again for the retro feel. Yet so many appear to love it, I can only guess it triggers childhood memories like Star Wars and Jam sandwiches.

3 minutes ago, SunnyRam said:

It's always the case that the fan designs end up being better than the actual kit. Shame the ones actually being paid to create the kit don't have the same imagination. 

Plenty would still moan no matter what the design.

We've all got different tastes and I prefer the plain black and white with no fancy stuff. 

7 minutes ago, ossieram said:

Plenty would still moan no matter what the design.

We've all got different tastes and I prefer the plain black and white with no fancy stuff. 

True, I have seen some horrendous fan designs as well as some very good ones.  I prefer plainish black and white for home shirt, away and third should be a bit more experimental maybe.