Summer transfer suggestion thread

sage

Looking at players who have been released or who are yet to sign new deals I hope Warne will go after a few of these players:

Goalkeeper: Daniel Iversen 

A player Warne knows well, had a good loan at Preston a few years back and at the age of 26 will want to be a starter

Centre Back: Josh Knight

Similar situation to when we signed Ward last season, offered a new deal at Peterborough but hopefully he comes to us instead

Centre midfielder: Herbie Kane

Good track record in league 1 contributing 15 goals/assists. Decent age as well 

Centre midfielder: Shandon Baptiste

He’d be my top target but I can see a club like Burnley or Sheffield United going in for him. Would be a very good signing

Attacker: Tyrese Campbell

Had some bad injuries over the past couple of seasons but is still a very talented player.

A list of players who would command a fee:

Ebou Adams

Joe Taylor 

Adam Phillips

Sorba Thomas

If we’re going to spend a million or 2 I hope it’s on a striker.

12 minutes ago, JohnoDCFC said:

Looking at players who have been released or who are yet to sign new deals I hope Warne will go after a few of these players:

A player Warne knows well, had a good loan at Preston a few years back and at the age of 26 will want to be a starter

Similar situation to when we signed Ward last season, offered a new deal at Peterborough but hopefully he comes to us instead

He’d be my top target but I can see a club like Burnley or Sheffield United going in for him. Would be a very good signing

Had some bad injuries over the past couple of seasons but is still a very talented player.

Ebou Adams

Joe Taylor 

Adam Phillips

Sorba Thomas

Seen Josh Knight linked with Werder Bremen over the weekend. 

54 minutes ago, JohnoDCFC said:

Ebou Adams

Joe Taylor 

Adam Phillips

Sorba Thomas

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/daniel-iversen/profil/spieler/260841

Not realistic at the estimated value, even if the 3 million estimates incorrect, playing for Stoke he's definitely not going for 1 million or less.

47 minutes ago, abertawe_ram said:

Charlie Goode also leaving Brentford on a free this summer. Big beast of a cb, could be a younger Bradley replacement at 28? Not sure how much championship football he's played in his career and how much of it in 2 or 3

Was on loan at Wigan in the second of this season and only started 11 games and made 2 sub appearances. 

1 hour ago, Oldben said:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/daniel-iversen/profil/spieler/260841

Not realistic at the estimated value, even if the 3 million estimates incorrect, playing for Stoke he's definitely not going for 1 million or less.

Out of contract this summer. 2 keepers already ahead of him at Leicester. Knows Warne as well which the gaffer seems to like. I think it would be a realistic target

1 minute ago, JohnoDCFC said:

Out of contract this summer. 2 keepers already ahead of him at Leicester. Knows Warne as well which the gaffer seems to like. I think it would be a realistic target

He’s out of contract next summer not this summer.

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/portsmouth-fc/portsmouths-goal-conversion-rate-compared-to-sunderland-sheffield-wednesday-and-new-championship-rivals-4633156

If we want to be top 6, we are likely to need a conversion rate of circa 10%.

If we want to be mid table, starting at around  10th place, we will need an estimated 9% conversion rate.

In my opinion we need a higher quality, younger striker.

2 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

My little list 

GK - Iversen

LB - Hayden Roberts

CB- Moore Oxford

Midfield - Adams, Kane, Aasgard, Randall, Dolan

Fwd - Azeez, Bacuna, Mason-Clark, Mellon, Taylor (unlikely)

Mason-Clark signed for Cov