Oxford United v Derby County

B4’s Sister

Think the game script changed drastically with them being 2-0 up early. Dont think they’d have played like that if it was 0-0. With that said, did well to compose ourselves and get going again. Good to finally take advantage of a corner but it was about the only one we looked dangerous from. Barkhuizen guilty of giving away possession every time he went near it, we were wide open centrally every time we turned it over as well. Need to improve there. More from Collins needed too. NML and Wilson are the way back, other than subs. 

First away game of the season for me, just down the road. We have been on top the whole first half to be honest. Two goals on the break, vulnerable with Hourihane and Bird in the middle and two poor challenges, two set piece goals. No excuses for that but not reflective of the threat they have which was fairly limited to counter attacks.

Barks hasn't been at the races so far, expect him to be subbed off at half time. Hourihane hasn't been at his best but stepped up as the half went on. Hourihane and Bird outnumbered.

Our goal was coming, hit the bar, few dangerous crosses across the face with the goal wide open. It's well within our ability to pull this back and win it, just got to watch the sucker punch on the break. Next goal will decide the 3 points, early one for us would be a real boost.

Sitting by the dugout with the home fans, Warne is screaming at them to up the tempo.

COYR

2 minutes ago, Srg said:

Think the game script changed drastically with them being 2-0 up early. Dont think they’d have played like that if it was 0-0. With that said, did well to compose ourselves and get going again. Good to finally take advantage of a corner but it was about the only one we looked dangerous from. Barkhuizen guilty of giving away possession every time he went near it, we were wide open centrally every time we turned it over as well. Need to improve there. More from Collins needed too. NML and Wilson are the way back, other than subs. 

Barkhuizen is the one sub I’d definitely make, go 4-4-1-1, put Sibley behind Collins and NML on the left, but I suspect it’s half time bollocking and “get out there and prove me wrong” time 

Edited by Caerphilly Ram