Crewe Alexandra versus Derby County - Match Day Thread ( FA Cup 1st Round )

S8TY

6 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

We’ve been camped in and around their box for big chunks of that half… 

It would incredibly depressing if we weren't, considering we're playing Crewe. Camped in and around their box doing what though? It always just ends up as a cross, or a hopeful pass in behind for Washington. Typically unsophisticated tactics yet again, unfortunately.

It doesn't matter how many players we commit forward if they're just going to do the same old things. If anything it just makes us vulnerable to counter attacks.

Edited by DCFC Kicks

9 minutes ago, oodledoodle said:

Tuesday we had barks and Nat swapping places, so they can both cut in and play in the middle. Not seen that happen once today. But we have wasted an awful lot of crosses.

More ideas needed 2nd half.

Nat and barks have switched. You're welcome Warne. DM me if you need any more help

2 minutes ago, DCFC Kicks said:

It would incredibly depressing if we weren't, considering we're playing Crewe. Camped in and around their box doing what though? It always just ends up as a cross, or a hopeful pass in behind for Washington. Typically unsophisticated tactics yet again, unfortunately.

It doesn't matter how many players we commit forward if they're just going to do the same old things. If anything it just makes us vulnerable to counter attacks.

I think I’m watching a different game, I’ve definitely seen some passing and movement, leading to things like the shot from Hourihane a moment ago or NML driving into the box and getting a shot away. It’s not just “cross cross cross” as some have said.

However, it’s not working with the current set up and they’re set up to counter us with ease. Think Warne needs to introduce a couple of subs, some pace and guile in Sibley/Wilson/Ward and maybe get Fornah on for his athleticism 

Just now, TheTinMan said:

This is a very very ordinary Crewe side make no qualms about it. They'd be rock bottom in our league. For all the possession which Crewe are happy for us to have this is up there with our worst efforts this season considering the opposition  

They're not as bad as either Exeter or Northampton were.