January Reinforcements

sage

4 minutes ago, Scott129 said:

What is the point in our scouting department? What do they actually do all year?

Sat playing fifa I reckon. Any of us could have suggested Lee Gregory if we’re desperate. 

Genuinely not had a decent January since we signed Ince and Lingard.

4 minutes ago, Scott129 said:

What is the point in our scouting department? What do they actually do all year?

So says everybody here twice a year every year since the arrival of the mad one.  Does seem we end up with crap or broken ones and overpay for them 

15 minutes ago, Waghorny said:

I just wish that instead of Pearce/Clowes/et. al. coming out and saying we weren't under any restrictions, they'd been honest and tempered expectations at the start of the season, when it is clear to see we are still working under restrictions imposed on us by the EFL,

By Pearce coming out and saying something along the lines of 'we have the money to be getting promotion out of this league' (can't remember his exact quote), it's given fans the wrong idea of what we can and can't do.

Just using these players as examples, not necessarily who we've 'lost out on', but Calvin Ramsay going to Bolton on loan, and Callum Lang signing for Portsmouth, it was clear for the level headed fan to see that these are players we cannot afford, be that due to transfer fees, loan fees or wages... we are still under restrictions, and that severely impedes what we can and can't do.

That would not have helped the sale of season tickets . It is said we are losing between £300k/ £600k every month . We must have Massive overheads . Or are we still now paying somebody off ? 

2 minutes ago, Scott129 said:

You could flip it the other way and say that Warne is hampering the scouting dept by shunning their suggestions to the point that these are the only available players.

Whatever the truth is the football recruitment needs addressing. We're looking subpar and old fashioned.

8 minutes ago, Spanish said:

Salary Cost Management Protocol (SCMP) is the Financial Fair Play rules for all League One and League Two Clubs. The SCMP requirement is whereby a Club's Player-Related Expenditure shall not exceed the sum of 60% or 50% of the Club's Relevant Turnover for League One and League Two Clubs respectively.
If DCFC are restricted differently can someone suggest how much more money DC would have invested for transfers?  Maybe we just don’t have the money

What do you mean “if DCFC are restricted differently”?

We are still subject to an approved business plan following admin aren’t we? Did I imagine all of that? I don’t get why people are expecting us to trade in the same way as other sides when the permanent signings we made in the summer were all reported either as free agent signings (Bradley, Ward, Elder, Vickers, Nelson, Nyambe, Waghorn - with the associated signing on fees and wages), or buy now pay later under various terms (Wilson, Fornah, Washington). Even the one “fee” we have spent on Jan, the first fee we’ve spent since 2020 or something like that, is a £300k loan on the promise of some future transfer in the summer.

We are restricted differently to other clubs at present. Someone please confirm I’ve not lost my marbles 

1 minute ago, eddielewis said:

You could flip it the other way and say that Warne is hampering the scouting dept by shunning their suggestions to the point that these are the only available players.

Whatever the truth is the football recruitment needs addressing. We're looking subpar and old fashioned.

Eddie effing Lewis, wonder if he is available

17 minutes ago, Spanish said:

Salary Cost Management Protocol (SCMP) is the Financial Fair Play rules for all League One and League Two Clubs. The SCMP requirement is whereby a Club's Player-Related Expenditure shall not exceed the sum of 60% or 50% of the Club's Relevant Turnover for League One and League Two Clubs respectively.
If DCFC are restricted differently can someone suggest how much more money DC would have invested for transfers?  Maybe we just don’t have the money

It's not exactly 60% as it's 60% of some income and 100% of others. Derby will be around the 60% mark though.

24 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I suspect it’s probably got something to do with them not having recently come out of administration and being subject to an EFL approved business plan for a two year period….

You can be sick of hearing about it, but that doesn’t change the reality of our situation. Regardless of our size and revenues, we did go into administration with large debts, we came out of administration and had to settle some debts, and we were required to submit a business plan to the EFL for approval which we then have to adhere to.

I’m all for the conversations about misuse of what funds we do have given the hit and miss success so far of our summer recruitment, we seemingly could and should have gone for other free agents as an example, perhaps those with a better age profile and more resale value. Though I still standby the fact the age profile isn’t as a bad as some make it out to be it’s a realistic argument to say we could have tried signing Knibbs or Smith (went to Reading) instead of Waghorn and Washington for example.

BUT regardless of the conversation around how we’ve used the restricted funding available to the club, I have accepted that those funds do remain restricted due to recent events that simply cannot be denied. 

Thankyou for the explanation together with @DCFC1388

So is that saying that if we had sold Bird and or Cashin we could've spent a bit more as I for one would've sold Bird and maybe both if it gave us the funds to get out of this division, but going to contradict myself here and say I would not want Warne spending our money so maybe a small budget might be best ...If we had the right manager ( in my eyes anyway ) I would've sold Bird 

4 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

While I'm not a huge fan of the link with Gregory - he made a decent contribution to Wednesday's push last season. 10 goals and 4 assist in 25 starts and 13 sub appearances.

Good point, think he could do ok for us in Division 3 😊

18 minutes ago, S8TY said:

Thankyou for the explanation together with @DCFC1388

So is that saying that if we had sold Bird and or Cashin we could've spent a bit more as I for one would've sold Bird and maybe both if it gave us the funds to get out of this division, but going to contradict myself here and say I would not want Warne spending our money so maybe a small budget might be best ...If we had the right manager ( in my eyes anyway ) I would've sold Bird 

I think that’s right, that’s what was reported by the local press. If we sell we can reinvest, if we don’t we have a small amount to use for loans.