January Reinforcements

sage

6 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Was due a medical according to Radio last night.  Either it's Monday or maybe he's failed.  That would be a bugger.

Given some of the crocks we seem to end up with I cannot believe ANYONE fails a DCFC medical.......

... unless they're clinically dead I suppose.

4 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

He gave an interview the other day saying Brown and Weston have loan interest from National League sides and he expects Brown will go on loan this month. If that happens it makes sense to me, Brown gets to play senior football without the pressure of being here, we loan a tried and tested senior pro until the end of the season to boost our promotion push, then next season Brown can be further integrated having proved himself on loan

I'd like them in League Two. If they're around the first team for Derby, looking at automatic promotion from League One, they shouldn't be farmed out to non-league. That's too cautious a pathway. Offer Brown to Swindon to work with Charlie Adams, now they've lost Jake Young. Or a lower League One team.

8 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

I'd like them in League Two. If they're around the first team for Derby, looking at automatic promotion from League One, they shouldn't be farmed out to non-league. That's too cautious a pathway. Offer Brown to Swindon to work with Charlie Adams, now they've lost Jake Young. Or a lower League One team.

Charlie Adam? He’s at Fleetwood? Or am I missing something?

15 minutes ago, Srg said:

Charlie Adam? He’s at Fleetwood? Or am I missing something?

Presumably Charlie Austin. Swindon are in trouble without Kemp and Young. They were their only 2 good players and were heavily relaint on them. They've alsonlost a couple of other players, so not a club I would be loaning to at this moment in time.

I could see a spot for Brown at Tranmere. They're in good form and play a front 2 so easier to get into the side, but will also have an experienced strike partner to coach him through games. Colchester and Walsall both need a forward to replace Joe Taylor and Freddie Draper who were both recalled by Lincoln this month - both teams also play with a front 2 more often than not.

A younger version of this bloke? Or a DoF?

"Manchester United have appointed Omar Berrada as chief executive after he resigned as chief football operations officer at City Football Group.

Berrada has developed a huge reputation at Manchester City, initially as the club's commercial director.

He then became chief operating officer before moving into the chief football operations officer role.

"It is our stated ambition to re-establish Manchester United as a title-winning club," Manchester United said."

40 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

I know the chap from oxford came in but know nothing about our recruitment team/scouts. How many, etc. please does anyone know as would be interested  - no agenda just have no idea

From a trawl of LinkedIn, the first team scouting setup:

John O'Dwyer - 25 years as a scout for Southend, Bristol Rovers, Exeter, Crewe, Cardiff and Cheltenham. Joined Derby last January from Crewe. 

Alan Dawson - Old school again, 25 years as a scout for Bournemouth, Leicester, Leeds, Luton, Sheffield United, Bury, Crawley, Sheffield Wednesday, Cardiff, Middlesbrough, Sunderland. Joined Derby December 2022. 

James Fazackerley - Mark Thomas signing, was at Oxford 8 years, previously Birmingham and Leicester. Fashion model in his spare time. 

https://pha-agency.co.uk/talent/james-fazackerley/

Robin Krasniqi - 25 year old Austrian, working from Spain, European scout. Mark Thomas signing from Oxford. Article about him: 

https://www.ucfb.ac.uk/news/ucfb-graduate-on-working-as-scout-for-derby-county-and-rayo-vallecano/

Edited by Ram@Lincoln

Newspapers are saying that West Ham, Fulham and Brentford are after Morgan Whitaker at around £15 million . A bit of sell-on money would have come in handy . Especially as Peterborough could pocket £25 million from the sale of Ivan Toney .

Just now, jimtastic56 said:

Newspapers are saying that West Ham, Fulham and Brentford are after Morgan Whitaker at around £15 million . A bit of sell-on money would have come in handy . Especially as Peterborough could pocket £25 million from the sale of Ivan Toney .

We got ours when he signed for Swansea don't think we'll get anything