Soft Underbelly!

RoyMac5

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

So nothing to do with him rating his ability then.

Maybe it was from when Waghorn was boasting about being a snip at £5m? Although obviously people on the inside knew it was tongue in cheek.

Maybe if Warne spent more time considering a players ability, and not just deciding he doesn't like a player despite never meeting them etc etc oh my god he just needs to go. NOW.

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

He signed him in the end didn't he?

I

And that's part of the problem for me. Bloke comes in and plays well in a friendly, gets a contract.

If he wasn't part of Warne's plan, didn't play in his style, why sign him at all?

It's very random. 

As if he isn't sure exactly what he wants. 

1 minute ago, angieram said:

And that's part of the problem for me. Bloke comes in and plays well in a friendly, gets a contract.

If he wasn't part of Warne's plan, didn't play in his style, why sign him at all?

It's very random. 

It’s almost…amateur?

Like you turn up a train for a Sunday league team and they like the look of you so you start playing for their A team. 

There’s been loads of puzzling decisions this season and that one was definitely one of the more alarming ones. 

7 minutes ago, angieram said:

It's very random. 

Put it much better than I did. There's no positive way to slice it or spin it.

19 minutes ago, angieram said:

It's very random. 

Where did he say he doesn't play in his style?

12 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Surely not he's not good enough going forward. He's a fullback, vanilla style.

Apologies - I was being sarcastic!

3 hours ago, oodledoodle said:

How many other competent players did we miss out on based on Warne making up a personality for them? We'll never know, but as that's how he's admitted to approach recruitment, it's just a farce.

also I don't think Warne would've signed NML as remember someone saying he had a chequered past 

I do believe team spirit and good personalities in the changing room are important but I've also played myself in teams where there were players who were not as sociable as others and kept themselves to themselves  but were very good players  and done the job on the pitch.

As far as recruitment goes lets be honest here Rosenior signed some top players for this level , players I don't think PW would've got to sign 

7 hours ago, S8TY said:

also I don't think Warne would've signed NML as remember someone saying he had a chequered past 

I do believe team spirit and good personalities in the changing room are important but I've also played myself in teams where there were players who were not as sociable as others and kept themselves to themselves  but were very good players  and done the job on the pitch.

As far as recruitment goes lets be honest here Rosenior signed some top players for this level , players I don't think PW would've got to sign 

* Rooney was the reason rosenior was able to sign those players*

And then he f***** off 

10 hours ago, angieram said:

It's very random. 

Maybe because the players he wanted to sign were outside the budget, needed a fee, wanted more dosh or longer contract than the business plan allowed, or not move to this area, so recognising Waghorn, albeit not a target, would actually do a good job at this level and feeling after seeing him around the building and in training that he could do a job, would be better than Collins, means he was flexible.

We are still scrapping the barrel until at least next summer due to the business plan, so beggars can't be choosers.

All that doesn't get away from the fact that with Waghorn,  Bird, Sibley and Hourihane in the building we should be playing actual controlled football instead of percentage play, Waghorn will run and work hard, always has, and no matter what else we say, the other 3 have all increased work rate under Warne and Bird looks far more physically capable, both strength and pace imo....... but is it at the detriment of them being able to take a second, calm the game and put their foot on the ball? Surely the poor passing and control we are seeing from previously good players isn't ALL Warne's fault?

22 hours ago, i-Ram said:

What about Fornah? Unsure why, if we did have a soft underbelly yesterday, he didn’t give this lad some minutes? It was his one and only midfield signing.  

Spot on.

Came with a decent reputation, gets around the pitch well in front of the back four,  my man of the match against Blackpool where he seemed to have a bit of a swagger about him, decent on the ball but I never quite got the plan of playing him with Smith.

Then seemed to get the role of some kind of headless chicken pressing midfielder chasing down opposition full backs, maximum mileage, minimal impact.

Substituted at half time against Cheltenham, substituted at half time against Shrewsbury been on the bench for the last two matches, never crossed the white line since and now seems well down the pecking order in midfield.

……………..shame.

14 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Yep. 

Remember the run we went on last season?

Remember where Villa at Xmas the season they beat us in the play offs?

5 or 6 players to come back to full fitness. 

Do you think 8 points is insurmountable between now and the end of the season then?

5 or 6? 

Vickers - missed only 2 games this season, but is still 2nd choice GK
Nyambe - played every game since he joined
Nelson - played every minute in the league this season
Bradley - been fit enough for every matchday squad this season, but is still behind Cashin in the pecking order.
Wilson - been in the last 10 matchday squads, with 4 starts in the last 6 games.
Fornah - been in every matchday squad since joining
Washington - fit enough for every matchday squad this season, but missed out at Notts County due to playing for N.Ireland.
Waghorn - Stevenage was the first league game he's missed since he joined

Which leaves:
Ward - been fit enough for the bench for the last few games, but Warne opted not to include him until the weekend.
Elder - even when fit for the first 8 games of the season, he was 2nd choice on the left
John-Jules - we'll probably be lucky to see him again before his loan ends
Embleton - already back with Sunderland and won't be seen in Derby shirt again.

To sum up, we're actually only waiting for Ward to get fit to improve our first 11.