Soft Underbelly!

RoyMac5

25 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

5 or 6? 

Vickers - missed only 2 games this season, but is still 2nd choice GK
Nyambe - played every game since he joined
Nelson - played every minute in the league this season
Bradley - been fit enough for every matchday squad this season, but is still behind Cashin in the pecking order.
Wilson - been in the last 10 matchday squads, with 4 starts in the last 6 games.
Fornah - been in every matchday squad since joining
Washington - fit enough for every matchday squad this season, but missed out at Notts County due to playing for N.Ireland.
Waghorn - Stevenage was the first league game he's missed since he joined

Which leaves:
Ward - been fit enough for the bench for the last few games, but Warne opted not to include him until the weekend.
Elder - even when fit for the first 8 games of the season, he was 2nd choice on the left
John-Jules - we'll probably be lucky to see him again before his loan ends
Embleton - already back with Sunderland and won't be seen in Derby shirt again.

To sum up, we're actually only waiting for Ward to get fit to improve our first 11.

Thommo?

39 minutes ago, angieram said:

Thommo?

The matchday 18 at the weekend was all senior players.  There's Waghorn, Elder and TJJ to come in when/if fit.  There's a more than decent chance that Thompson doesn't even make the bench if Warne stays here.  Nevermind the likes or Robinson/Browne etc.

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

5 or 6? 

Vickers - missed only 2 games this season, but is still 2nd choice GK
Nyambe - played every game since he joined
Nelson - played every minute in the league this season
Bradley - been fit enough for every matchday squad this season, but is still behind Cashin in the pecking order.
Wilson - been in the last 10 matchday squads, with 4 starts in the last 6 games.
Fornah - been in every matchday squad since joining
Washington - fit enough for every matchday squad this season, but missed out at Notts County due to playing for N.Ireland.
Waghorn - Stevenage was the first league game he's missed since he joined

Which leaves:
Ward - been fit enough for the bench for the last few games, but Warne opted not to include him until the weekend.
Elder - even when fit for the first 8 games of the season, he was 2nd choice on the left
John-Jules - we'll probably be lucky to see him again before his loan ends
Embleton - already back with Sunderland and won't be seen in Derby shirt again.

To sum up, we're actually only waiting for Ward to get fit to improve our first 11.

No, not to sum up...in your opinion. 

Where did you get your info on John Jules?

4 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Are they the same 'top players for this level' that had us in 7th place when Rosenior left?

You’re judging the players after 12 league games when they had such an horrendous pre season and most of them didn’t sign until the season was almost underway?

Personally I think they signed, and were signed, to play a certain way, one that kept the ball and passed it more. They’re not suited to Warne’s style of play. I don’t think you sign them if your tactic is get their faces and win the ball back then get it wide and stick in a cross. 

So they are good players at this level, in my view, but as with all players, only if you play to their strengths. 

1 hour ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

Spot on.

Came with a decent reputation, gets around the pitch well in front of the back four,  my man of the match against Blackpool where he seemed to have a bit of a swagger about him, decent on the ball but I never quite got the plan of playing him with Smith.

Then seemed to get the role of some kind of headless chicken pressing midfielder chasing down opposition full backs, maximum mileage, minimal impact.

Substituted at half time against Cheltenham, substituted at half time against Shrewsbury been on the bench for the last two matches, never crossed the white line since and now seems well down the pecking order in midfield.

……………..shame.

Its been a bit stange regarding Fornah. Against Shrewsbury did anyone else notice he was late getting on the pitch before kickkoff? He appeared late from the tunnel and wasnt on time for the minutes applause on the pitch so he joined in from the sideline. After that once the game started he just seemed off the pace and lost. Not sure what it was all about as Ive not heard any mention of it.

@G STAR RAM I’m not arguing btw just my opinion.

You don’t think they’re good at this level. I think it’s harsh to judge based on 12 games under the manager they signed for and then a year under a manager who’s tactics I don’t think suit them.

No way of proving either of us right……or is there 🤔😂

30 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

The matchday 18 at the weekend was all senior players.  There's Waghorn, Elder and TJJ to come in when/if fit.  There's a more than decent chance that Thompson doesn't even make the bench if Warne stays here.  Nevermind the likes or Robinson/Browne etc.

Was Elder injured or not in the squad?

3 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Its been a bit stange regarding Fornah. Against Shrewsbury did anyone else notice he was late getting on the pitch before kickkoff? He appeared late from the tunnel and wasnt on time for the minutes applause on the pitch so he joined in from the sideline. After that once the game started he just seemed off the pace and lost. Not sure what it was all about as Ive not heard any mention of it.

Yes I noticed that via RamsTV, thought he'd been for a pee! 😄 He got talked up early doors because he ran around a bit and seemed to have some ball skills. No real idea of if he's any good, I'd think he might be okay.

6 minutes ago, WilkoRam said:

You’re judging the players after 12 league games when they had such an horrendous pre season and most of them didn’t sign until the season was almost underway?

Personally I think they signed, and were signed, to play a certain way, one that kept the ball and passed it more. They’re not suited to Warne’s style of play. I don’t think you sign them if your tactic is get their faces and win the ball back then get it wide and stick in a cross. 

So they are good players at this level, in my view, but as with all players, only if you play to their strengths. 

Fair comments.

To me a good professional footballer should be able to play and carry out the basics in any system.

6 minutes ago, WilkoRam said:

@G STAR RAM I’m not arguing btw just my opinion.

You don’t think they’re good at this level. I think it’s harsh to judge based on 12 games under the manager they signed for and then a year under a manager who’s tactics I don’t think suit them.

No way of proving either of us right……or is there 🤔😂

Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

I've not said I don't think they are any good. Just don't think they are as good as some as our fans think and I think that is reflected in performances.

For instance, lets say Warne wants to play long ball, I'd still expect a player touted for the Premier League to be able to regularly ping 50/60 yard passes to a teammate, yet most of Cashin passes drift straight out of play or through to the opposition goalkeeper.

42 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Was Elder injured or not in the squad?

I don't know for sure if he's still recovering from that hernia op or just not picked, I suspect it's mostly the first.  Either way, we've got 22 senior players, including Thompson, for 18 matchday places.  So there are going to be multiple senior players not selected every week, if everyone is fit.

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

No, not to sum up...in your opinion. 

Where did you get your info on John Jules?

John-Jules' loan ends Jan 1st. Whilst he got injured 1 month ago and it was initially announced that he would be out for 1 month, Warne revealed in the last pre-match presser that he "hopes [John-Jules] will be available in the coming weeks". That doesn't leave much time for him to build up fitness and break into the side before his loan ends.