Joey Barton being Joey Barton

Gaspode

37 minutes ago, Day said:

No, he hasn't been charged for saying she's not very good at punditry. You're making light of his tweets, dare I say stretching and twisting, something which the Police/CPS are being accused of.

As for this forum, like the Police, if we receive reports on this forum we act on them. You're now the second person to claim abusive DM's yet we have yet to receive any report of these, without this we simply cannot take any kind of action.

It would be a permanent ban if we received evidence of this. Report it now, if you have abusive DM's I will ban that member immediately. 

This forum was created to discuss Derby County, we have a small number of users that see this more as a platform to discuss politics and attack the woke left or far right, despite us prohibiting that content.

If we are to lose those members that cannot let that go I am happy, the off topic area on this forum has been a no go area for many members for too long now with ongoing left v right tensions leaking into every topic. 

Even now, a discussion on Joey Barton and Eli Aluko is seeing politicians being thrown in, you may say these are perfect examples that can be used as comparisons, yet they are not remotely the same. 

This is an accusation of grossly offensive tweets from Joey Barton to Eli Aluko, which she has reported to the Police and the CPS have taken the decision to charge given the evidence, which I would assume is a little bit more than Eli Aluko is not a very good pundit, which I would agree on, and I can say this freely.

You may not like the malicious communications act, however it's there to protect us all online from being on the receiving end of abuse.

This is not political, this is not wokeness gone mad, it's a law that is being correctly used to protect you, myself and others online.

Totally disagree with you on this current joey Barton thing but that’s ok 🤷🏻‍♂️

Christ Alive!

Imagine looking at all that Barton's written, seeing a first hand acount of how it's affected someone he said it to, and coming to the conclusion that it is in fact Aluko & the CPS (and presumably Jeremy Vine too) who are the bullies.

Poor old Joey, just another victim of modern society trying to destroy his way of life.

Edited by May Contain Nuts

20 minutes ago, May Contain Nuts said:

Christ Alive!

Imagine looking at all that Barton's written, seeing a first hand acount of how it's affected someone he said it to, and coming to the conclusion that it is in fact Aluko & the CPS (and presumably Jeremy Vine too) who are the bullies.

Poor old Joey, just another victim of modern society trying to destroy his way of life.

Perhaps we look at things differently, personally I see Barton as not the brightest bulb in the house , far from a wordsmith and speaks in the manner a lot of people who grew up in the environment he did speak , there’s plenty of by product s of this in Barton that has needed serious attention and punishment,,, but not this current situation 🤷‍♂️, there’s plenty who see vine as a pompous bully with far less excuse

Growing up in a certain envoronment can help explain many things, but very rarely (if ever) does it excuse them.

The clear aggressor in all of this is Barton, I'm really not sure anyone could validly argue differently. There's really no need for him to have said any of the stuff he did, none of it appears to have been provoked by anything that anyone's said directly to him or about him.

Are we really supposed to believe he's the one being persecuted here? Prosecuted, yes! Just because somoene doesn't like the modern societal trends / 'the way the world is going' doesn't mean they should stop looking at Barton's words/actions objectively.

At some point you do have to learn from your mistakes, but this seems something partcularly difficult for Barton to achieve. A case of arrested development as it were, and he certainly knows a thing or two about being arrrested!

Edited by May Contain Nuts

1 hour ago, May Contain Nuts said:

Growing up in a certain envoronment can help explain many things, but very rarely (if ever) does it excuse them.

The clear aggressor in all of this is Barton, I'm really not sure anyone could validly argue differently. There's really no need for him to have said any of the stuff he did, none of it appears to have been provoked by anything that anyone's said directly to him or about him.

Are we really supposed to believe he's the one being persecuted here? Prosecuted, yes! Just because somoene doesn't like the modern societal trends / 'the way the world is going' doesn't mean they should stop looking at Barton's words/actions objectively.

At some point you do have to learn from your mistakes, but this seems something partcularly difficult for Barton to achieve. A case of arrested development as it were, and he certainly knows a thing or two about being arrrested!

Of course you are right on some levels , one thing I would say though is that I have watched a few podcasts with eni eluko as I find her quite interesting and has some stuff of value to say ( in my opinion ),,, 

she is an intelligent, determined ,strong and successful woman , on a different level to Barton and could quite easily run rings round him as I’m sure could vine there really is no need for all this crime malarkey stuff , either put him in his place verbally or laugh at him and ignore , my gut is it’s vindictive and or financially motivated and in my view shows a poor side every bit as distasteful as Barton ,, who let’s face it is a bit of a knob who doesn’t have the ability to express his opinion very well 🤷🏻‍♂️

19 hours ago, Archied said:

Of course you are right on some levels , one thing I would say though is that I have watched a few podcasts with eni eluko as I find her quite interesting and has some stuff of value to say ( in my opinion ),,, 

she is an intelligent, determined ,strong and successful woman , on a different level to Barton and could quite easily run rings round him as I’m sure could vine there really is no need for all this crime malarkey stuff , either put him in his place verbally or laugh at him and ignore , my gut is it’s vindictive and or financially motivated and in my view shows a poor side every bit as distasteful as Barton ,, who let’s face it is a bit of a knob who doesn’t have the ability to express his opinion very well 🤷🏻‍♂️

But why should they? If Barton calls you a nonce on X why on earth should you tolerate that and defend yourself against it, especially on X which is full of trolls who won’t listen?

Likewise Aluko who recently received a pile on for having the nerve to suggest England should play two number 10’s in the Euros (which they actually did do). That’s an attitude Barton propagates on Twitter. Why bother debating him? He should instead take responsibility for his actions. This is something he could have done after Vine took him to the cleaners. He hasn’t.

Unfortunately I don’t think he is a very well man, and has fallen down a rabbit hole we have seen others fall down on social media. I do not give it long before the conspiracy stuff starts and I hope he gets the help he seems to need. 

Sadly, I think some posters don't realise how intimidating the SM pile-ons precipitated by accounts like Barton's can be for women, particularly those in the public eye. Look at the ordeals that Holly Willoughby recently and Joss Stone in the past have faced. It's easy to say that online comments aren't responsible for nutters like the ones who planned to kidnap and murder them, but they make the targets feel more vulnerable because they're usually incredibly personal comments. I think some blokes just don't realise how concerned many women are about male violence currently.

It's worth noting, for those saying "blimey they'll arrest you for having an opinion these days"

The Malicious Communications Act specifically covers:

The offence of Sending Letters, Electronic Communications, or Articles with Intent to Cause Distress or Anxiety

So he is not in trouble for having an opinion. He could have just tweeted his opinion and people would be free to ignore. He has actively tagged her in tweets - that's the malicious part. He didn't need to do that, but he did it deliberately so that she'd see it AND to ensure that the message was amplified. 

Whether you agree with his opinion or not is immaterial - ask yourself what you think his intent was? 

31 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

See how it works? You feel intimidated and you want it closed down.

Now imagine that the comments on here related to knowing where you live and coming round to rape and kill you.

Intimidate d.   😂Don’t be silly , I’m more than happy to go for it but after a talk with David yesterday who is sick of topics turning into nightmares for his mods so am trying to act in a more sensible way for the good of the forum , if mods are happy to let it go then I’m comfortable to crack on , sorry for late reply I’m busy on a roof on a building site where  normal folks work hard ,have the crack , speak to each other like real people and don’t cry victim every 2 mins if they hear hurty words🤷‍♂️

Edited by Archied

4 minutes ago, Archied said:

Intimidate d.   😂Don’t be silly , I’m more than happy to go for it but after a talk with David yesterday who is sick of topics turning into nightmares for his mods so am trying to act in a more sensible way for the good of the forum , if mods are happy to let it go then I’m comfortable to crack on , sorry for late reply I’m busy on a roof on a building site where  normal folks work hard ,have the crack , speak to each other like real people and don’t cry victim every 2 mins if they hear hurty words🤷‍♂️

Any women up there?

4 hours ago, nottingram said:

But why should they? If Barton calls you a nonce on X why on earth should you tolerate that and defend yourself against it, especially on X which is full of trolls who won’t listen?

Likewise Aluko who recently received a pile on for having the nerve to suggest England should play two number 10’s in the Euros (which they actually did do). That’s an attitude Barton propagates on Twitter. Why bother debating him? He should instead take responsibility for his actions. This is something he could have done after Vine took him to the cleaners. He hasn’t.

Unfortunately I don’t think he is a very well man, and has fallen down a rabbit hole we have seen others fall down on social media. I do not give it long before the conspiracy stuff starts and I hope he gets the help he seems to need. 

😂😂😂,, I have watched vine helmet cam stuff and he is more than happy to be aggressive and confrontational with people ,,, maybe money talks 😂😂

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/c80xwlgpwxjo

New annual report from Kick It Out 

Reports of sexism and misogyny rose 44% from 80 in 2022-23 to 115 last season, having already previously increased by more than 400%.

Analysis of the language used in that form of discrimination found 64% questioned the place of women in the men's game.

People like Barton simply empower others to act like this, so it's not harmless

Again - it's perfectly fine to have an opinion on the matter but consider what the intent is when you're tagging women into your comments online, or yelling it at them on the park on a Sunday morning from the touchline. What are you intending to achieve?

Gotta say, the idea that if someone committing a crime against you is of a lower level of social standing, intelligence or whatnot then you should just verbally dismiss them and laugh it off is a new one on me.  

Barton's a bit thick and can't express himself properly, so should be exempt from the consequences of his words.