Joey Barton being Joey Barton

Gaspode

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Don't diss the Vinester...

A High Court judge has ruled that comments Joey Barton made about Jeremy Vine on social media were defamatory.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/crgg6eqrdllo

There was a fella on YouTube who had it in for Vine, Some serious sh!t was being aimed at Vine, This went on for a couple of years, You Tube bloke ended up in court...got 5.5 years

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/alex-belfield-latest-jeremy-vine-sentence-b2168752.html

Edited by Ram-Alf

joey barton is vile but has anyone seen jeremy vines twitter feed? he is embarrassing. he cycles around all day trying to find incidents to post onto twitter, he gives cyclists a bad name. ive been cycling for about 40 years and have never had an incident that he seems to run into every day which probably says more about the way he rides bikes

4 hours ago, alram said:

joey barton is vile but has anyone seen jeremy vines twitter feed? he is embarrassing. he cycles around all day trying to find incidents to post onto twitter, he gives cyclists a bad name. ive been cycling for about 40 years and have never had an incident that he seems to run into every day which probably says more about the way he rides bikes

I think he simply cycles to and from work, rather than "around all day" but I may be wrong. When I was on Twitter, I saw quite a few of the incidents he posted about and most of them were indeed drivers driving carelessly, selfishly or sometimes recklessly. I'm not the greatest fan of cyclists in London but, having worked with a very talented woman who later lost her life after being crushed by a lorry, I am a big fan of people being pulled up for reckless driving, riding or even jaywalking.

Vine may be pompous and self-regarding, but at least he's not a pathetic misogynist and cod-intellectual like 'Dick' Barton.

31 minutes ago, Crewton said:

I think he simply cycles to and from work, rather than "around all day" but I may be wrong. When I was on Twitter, I saw quite a few of the incidents he posted about and most of them were indeed drivers driving carelessly, selfishly or sometimes recklessly. I'm not the greatest fan of cyclists in London but, having worked with a very talented woman who later lost her life after being crushed by a lorry, I am a big fan of people being pulled up for reckless driving, riding or even jaywalking.

Vine may be pompous and self-regarding, but at least he's not a pathetic misogynist and cod-intellectual like 'Dick' Barton.

Both total knobs in they’re own way

5 hours ago, alram said:

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/jeremy-vine-metropolitan-police-make-arrest-after-presenters-terrifying-road-rage-video_uk_57cd6e76e4b01e35922bd22f#:~:text=A 22-year-old woman has been arrested after Radio,to “knock him out” and kicking at him.

1 hour ago, Crewton said:

I watch a lot of his videos and he goes looking for situations like he will see a van turning left and he will speed up so he can moan at him for cutting him up, opposed to a normal person who will see the hazard and just slow down regardless whether they are in the wrong or not.

I agree regarding Barton by the way but I think vine gives cyclists a terrible name

• 4 weeks later...