Warne Out Out

Birdyabroad

13 minutes ago, CongletonRam said:

I am of the opinion that if you did a poll of all Derby fans, the majority would still be backing PW.

I still believe that many of the supporters wanting Warne out are those young, rather naive fans who would turn their back on the team in a heartbeat. The instant success that comes with young minds.

Either way, it's something of a mute point as it's music to my ears when out owner comers out and fully backs the manager.

That is what the club needs...stability. Given time, and hopefully some real money; I remain very confident that PW will succeed. 

Twaddle 

10 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

I won't disagree about Warne being clumsy with his words (although recent interviews seem a lot more measured). But he also REALLY strikes me as the type of bloke who'd take the fall/blame, even if he knew something wasn't really his fault. I highly, highly doubt only signing free transfers was Warne's idea, I suspect this was imposed from higher up so the club could be ran ''sustainably'', and he's then made the best of it to the media.

Again, I'm speculating here though because we don't know. I just genuinely feel bad laying all the blame at his door when I've got no proof how much of a hand he's had in where we are now. 

It's hard to know as there's a lot more involved than just the manager saying yes/no on transfers and I am willing to believe we got offered bad deals a lot in the summer that we were probably right not to take up. It still leaves a sense of frustration that the deals we did do all just felt a bit uninspiring and have been uninspiring on the pitch. I don't totally blame Warne but it is clear we don't have any wow factor to get people to come here.

10 minutes ago, Marriot Ram99 said:

So hypothetically if we kept Warne for his full contract and we were midtable with awful football and all the best players going and fans booing and getting very angry do you think that would be acceptable from Clowes?

Don't think it will happen but it comes a point where he looks in the wrong to not sack him, I wouldn't have appointed him but would have sacked him at the end of last season if not about a month ago. But we are getting into the territory where he will be very lucky to have a job if things don't improve.  Warne could not do any worse imo and I strongly believe that. No manager could have us bottom half, the players organising themselves would play better than under Warne I think and I mean that. I've seen us play s*** for all 6 games I have see this season, we are embarrassingly bad its criminal how bad he has manged us. Caveman football without results.

If that hypothetical scenario plays out then perhaps I wouldn’t think it was acceptable for Warne to still be the manager, and as I’ve articulated a fair few times I don’t think Clowes would think it acceptable either and would act. It still wouldn’t lead me to act in the manner some are, but that’s down to how I choose to conduct myself and others can do what they please, I’ve got as much right to air my stance as anyone else on here, on other social media platforms, on the radio phone in, and at the ground.

My point in the here and now is that we are not YET at that stage of your hypothetical scenario, so as much as Warne’s football isn’t delivering what some fans expect for this club, Clowes has decided to give him time. His expectations as owner may differ to the rest of the fan base, he is one of only a few people who are fully informed on the situation, anything we all discuss is assumption or speculation based on limited facts and info. The decision to back Warne in the moment is not and should not be the defining factor when people consider Clowes ownership of the club in my opinion, it’s a bigger picture thing.
Essentially for now Warne being the manager is what it is, if it gets worse it’ll change, but Clowes will still have done all the other things he’s done so far to rescue and rebuild the club, so people being “disappointed in him” or calling him a moron, are in my opinion wide of the mark. 
As I’ve said many times before, if those posters on here, on the phone ins, booing after games, and posting on Twitter or elsewhere do feel as strongly as their rhetoric suggests then they should organise themselves and act. Stage a protest, make some banners, boycott the club, that’s the way you’ll affect the change you want, otherwise the choice seems to be be patient until one of three other scenarios plays out;

1. Warne succeeds and every one wins.

2. Things get worse than they are (which is possible) and Warne is sacked.

3. Warne leaves through his own decision. 

And by all means if you are going to be patient anyone is within their rights to share their views and opinions, just know that it won’t change anything at the club shouting into the abyss, as much as it may help one’s own well-being. 

17 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

But but but the football was dire. Isn't that the point now with Warne?

I mean not exactly. There are several reasons;

- Style of football

- Tactical naivety

- Lack of adaptability 

- Poor management of fitness at times

- Seemingly poor technical coaching 

- Lack of clear longer term planning 

- Confused transfer strategy

- Seeming lack of willingness to develop academy players

- Generally underperforming in terms of results and signs of it getting worse rather than better.

2 hours ago, Justa said:

Based on Warnes business over the summer I don’t hold much faith even if he did have a few pennies to spend - his signings have hardly set the world on fire have they ? Apart from Nelson who has been excellent.

Also January is a notoriously difficult time to sign players - is there really going to be a decent forward available ? 

And are they going to want to play for us under current circumstances?

2 minutes ago, CongletonRam said:

Where do you stand on PW?

My stance is that there isn't any improvement, the football isn't any more coherent and there aren't any signs of us using the academy or building for the future. I don't see it. If we were building a squad of young hungry players that we making mistakes I would be able to see a direction. As it stands I don't see any vision or direction for the club. As a result, I'd like to see change. Whether it's Warne or bringing in a director of football. Something needs to change.

Edited by Andicis

19 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

I mean not exactly. There are several reasons;

- Style of football

- Tactical naivety

- Lack of adaptability 

- Poor management of fitness at times

- Seemingly poor technical coaching 

- Lack of clear longer term planning 

- Confused transfer strategy

- Seeming lack of willingness to develop academy players

- Generally underperforming in terms of results and signs of it getting worse rather than better.

Absolutely spot on 

I think the players struggle to play under pressure especially at Pride Park. The atmosphere is nowhere near as good as last season, the buzz is starting to fade away 

I don't think our players are as good as we think they are, bar one or two 

But they are enough to hit top 6 this season, I think by Christmas we will probably be in the top 6 with Warne. The competition is a lot poorer this season 

definitely need a pacy striker, lack of pace upfront is killing us 

10 minutes ago, Andicis said:

My stance is that there isn't any improvement, the football isn't any more coherent and there aren't any signs of us using the academy or building for the future. I don't see it. If we were building a squad of young hungry players that we making mistakes I would be able to see a direction. As it stands I don't see any vision or direction for the club. As a result, I'd like to see change. Whether it's Warne or bringing in a director of football. Something needs to change.

I don't disagree with the first part, but after what was quite possibly the darkest time to be a fan of DCFC; what the club now needs is stability. We certainly are not in a position where we can throw good money after bad bringing in a new management team. That is part of the reason we are where we are.

Make a decision and stick by it. That is what our owner is doing, and I am backing him.

Granted, our team on the pitch is desperately poor but, as I have alluded to numerous times in other threads, there are extenuating circumstances.

I honestly believe that the best manager in the land would struggle to find a tune out of these bunch of ageing journeymen professionals.

Edited by CongletonRam

3 hours ago, Barney1991 said:

And then hired a manager who is not interested in the academy 

My view is more along the lines of Warne finds it hard to trust untested players, so will avoid using them until absolutely necessary. Take Thompson as an example, who was only given a start following Bird's injury leaving just Smith and Hourihane as other CM options. Even then, instead of using him as a CM, he was shoved out on the left wing.

Just now, CongletonRam said:

I don't disagree with the first part, but after what was quite possibly the darkest time to be a fan of DCFC; what the club now needs is stability. We certainly are not in a position where we can throw good money after bad bringing in a new management team. That is part of the reason we are where we are.

Make a decision and stick by it. That is what our owner is doing, and I am backing him.

Granted, our team on the pitch is desperately poor but, as I have alluded to numerous times in other threads, there are extenuating circumstances.

I honestly believe that the best manager in the land would struggle to find a tune out of these bunch of ageing journeymen professionals.

Warne signed the ageing journeyman professionals? He refuses to use our academy or sign younger players. That's on him, in what way is that a good defense for him? 

Nobody is suggesting chucking money around, more making the best of the money we have available, which we aren't doing, and making the best of the squad available, which we aren't doing. Stability is not alienating the fans. And if this continues that is what is going to happen.

7 minutes ago, CongletonRam said:

We certainly are not in a position where we can throw good money after bad bringing in a new management team

That's exactly what we could be doing by backing Warne in the January transfer window.

The window he says he doesn't like as it's notoriously difficult to deal in and people raise their prices because they know you're desperate.

Edited by Kokosnuss

55 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

It's often the case that Warne says what he means at the beginning of him talking and then back peddles furiously to make you know that he really didn't mean to throw whoever the point was about under the bus. But he did mean it and he continues to throw others under the bus.

Like when he went on and on about that player who wanted a championship move. And on and on about people in football who "lie" (was that about Rhodes?)

It just made us look a bit tinpot. If we miss out on a target, just keep your mouth shut and move on.

I also find it a bit ironic that he says so much all the time about things, digs at other clubs, refs, his own players, then has an issue when fans have an opinion on him.

He likes to model himself as "Mr nice guy" but he's happy to open his mouth when it suits him.

FWIW I still thinks he's a decent bloke, just let's his emotions run away with him sometimes.

Edited by oodledoodle