Warne Out Out

Birdyabroad

27 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I said THINKS, not KNOW.

It's not an opinion I hold myself, so I'm not going to argue over the matter beyond this post. I was merely explaining why someone may feel that way. It could even be due to them having a child in the academy and felt they'll never have the chance to breakthrough whilst Warne is in charge.

I know, I'm not saying you agreed, apologies if it came off that way. Just that I can't quite believe anyone that holds that view wouldn't see the irony of it while calling themselves a supporter of the club. The only difference here is that you say you can understand it, whereas I can't because surely most would understand that hypocrisy?

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I said THINKS, not KNOW.

It's not an opinion I hold myself, so I'm not going to argue over the matter beyond this post. I was merely explaining why someone may feel that way. It could even be due to them having a child in the academy and felt they'll never have the chance to breakthrough whilst Warne is in charge.

More made up rubbish!

Well done Mr Warne his staff and the players, the perfect response to the criticism (some of which is over the top and complete nonsense). I wasn’t at the game last night (sunning myself in the Riviera Maya in Mexico) but from reading reports listening to the Rams Daily and seeing the stats it was exactly the front foot dominant performance we’ve been crying out for, albeit against a team that didn’t offer a lot despite their dominant defeat against Wigan at the weekend.

To be honest I don’t have an issue with the Shrewsbury defeat or the Cheltenham draw, the away form is still decent and vastly improved on last season, a draw against Stevenage would be fine. The home form is the key, it’s critical to our chance and so far the reason we’re outside the top 6. We need more of the same against Northampton next week and we need to continue our good run (1 defeat in 9!!!) but add a few more wins. 

Still think the vale game at the end of November is the time to judge, I was fearful though after the reaction on Saturday, a turgid draw or defeat last night and his position would start to look very precarious. 

1 hour ago, Kokosnuss said:

Ahh back to the slagging off Rosenior to defend Warne b******* 🤣

I really really will never understand the obsession with bringing up Rosenior in discussions about Warne. It's one of the most boring genre of posts on the forum. 

2 hours ago, On the Ram Page said:

Go back on RamsTV and watch some of the games when Rosenior was in charge. Boring, ball retention passing. Watch the Lincoln game away and tell me it is better.

Yes, it's a reasonable thing to do to pick a particularly bad game under Rosenior as the example of comparison and not take the mean performance. The numbers would suggest we've not really improved over Warne's tenure. 

2 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Well done Mr Warne his staff and the players, the perfect response to the criticism (some of which is over the top and complete nonsense). I wasn’t at the game last night (sunning myself in the Riviera Maya in Mexico) but from reading reports listening to the Rams Daily and seeing the stats it was exactly the front foot dominant performance we’ve been crying out for, albeit against a team that didn’t offer a lot despite their dominant defeat against Wigan at the weekend.

To be honest I don’t have an issue with the Shrewsbury defeat or the Cheltenham draw, the away form is still decent and vastly improved on last season, a draw against Stevenage would be fine. The home form is the key, it’s critical to our chance and so far the reason we’re outside the top 6. We need more of the same against Northampton next week and we need to continue our good run (1 defeat in 9!!!) but add a few more wins. 

Still think the vale game at the end of November is the time to judge, I was fearful though after the reaction on Saturday, a turgid draw or defeat last night and his position would start to look very precarious. 

How can you say that? They were terrible results against 2 of the worst teams in this division! The very teams we need to beat in order to progress this season. Beating a team at home who have just lost 5 in a row doesn’t change that.

17 hours ago, On the Ram Page said:

So we play badly and it’s Wayne’s fault - we play well and it’s the players who have taken over, nothing to do with the coaching team and manager!

you really have a one track mind - WARNE OUT!

Yes give it a rest

22 hours ago, sage said:

We attempted to play football last night. It was better to watch and we got a better result albeit against a timid Exeter.

I do wonder how much the players have influenced this change.

Hopefully it’s a mix of both , the players and the manager have to be together now matter how that comes about at different times , my take before Exeter was that the players needed to cross the white line and ducking win no matter what ,

for the first time in a few games they looked like they wanted it more than the other team , that kinda tells me they are not downing tools on the manager when the chips are down , they and warne need to find the way to make sure that attitude goes into every game now for 90 mins,

do that and we will be right in the mix and be entertained 

14 hours ago, Kokosnuss said:

Ahh back to the slagging off Rosenior to defend Warne b******* 🤣

Thing is there’s bits about rosenior team that looked better but bits of warne that looks better ( in my humble opinion ) but be fair the rosenior point only started again because a poster said we are no better than under rosenior ? Of course some posters will react as to why they think we are , surely that’s fair and understandable 🤷🏻‍♂️

18 minutes ago, Archied said:

Thing is there’s bits about rosenior team that looked better but bits of warne that looks better ( in my humble opinion ) but be fair the rosenior point only started again because a poster said we are no better than under rosenior ? Of course some posters will react as to why they think we are , surely that’s fair and understandable 🤷🏻‍♂️

Absolutely the point. I liked Rosenior and was very surprised when he left, but some of the football played under him was safe and to some extent boring.

1 hour ago, Archied said:

"When Warne took over" not "before Warne took over"

Thought it was quite clear that the comparison was with the first month or so under Warne vs the current position under Warne - seeing as he's had a year + a month - nothing to do with Rosenior.

The OP wasn't a fan of Rosenior.

We've seen the evolution of this attitude now anyway - blaming Rosenior's (/Rooney's) signings for holding Warne back / taking up the budget.

Edited by Kokosnuss