Will Clowes patience soon run out?

old tray boy

2 minutes ago, The Last Post said:

The reason Rosenior was let go was because DC said "we had a duty of care" in layman's terms he didn't want Rosenior to jump out of the frying pan into the fire...or perhaps just not quite good enough in his opinion 🤷‍♂️ 

Where's the 'duty of care' to Warne, things could get nasty and he's not fond of booing or 'Warne Out' signs?! 😄

44 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

The business was his dad's business though, not sure how many tough decisions Clowes jnr has made? But more importantly what does he know about running a football club? Mel didn't sack many towards the end of his reign. Rowett and Lampard poached and Cocu mutual. 😉 

Did you think the same about Clowes when he saved our club, turn on warne if you want but not clowes.

It really is the last-chance saloon for him. Warne's post-match interviews continue to be incoherent, bordering on the bizarre and his interpretation of matches doesn't match up with reality. We've barely played well for 90 minutes this season, which is a really sizeable problem but the bigger problem is that the bloke can't seem to see it. He thinks this is good, which is precisely why nothing is changing. 

Beating Exeter on Tuesday night will have absolutely no effect on me. Warne is not the future of Derby County. Clowes's idea is collapsing infront of our eyes. Since February we have played well at Peterborough and Blackpool. Thats it. Ive no clue what Warne is all about tactically. I see players playing like they are unhappy. This squad is good enough. Time to go for Warne. 

5 minutes ago, Monty said:

was it welcomed as a 'fantastic appointment' - I don't recall it was.  Not any 'seasoned manager' Paul Warne specifically thats the point     

Many of us were actually happy that we were getting a provened manager with three league 1 promotions under his belt,it made complete practical.if not emotional sense.

Personally I'd of preferred Mac 3 but warne was the sensible pragmatic choice for the owner.Dont forget it wasn't just about fixing the squad,it was about repairing the club,the academy and yes,the coffee machine and Paul had proven he could bring a club together at Rotherham,so it was really a no brainer for clowes.

It's just a massive shame that,up to now,it's not quite working out and the boss has got to sit back and decide what to do next...stick or a very expensive twist.

I think warnes still got some time to sort this out.

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

3 minutes ago, Kathcairns said:

Did you think the same about Clowes when he saved our club, turn on warne if you want but not clowes.

Whilst I'm really happy Clowes stepped in, saying he saved it is simply untrue. We had at least one other interested party involved in Mike Ashley. I know it makes the story a little less "romantic" and I'm really happy we got Clowes and not Ashley, but let's not try to rewrite history.

7 minutes ago, DazzaRam said:

Beating Exeter on Tuesday night will have absolutely no effect on me. Warne is not the future of Derby County. Clowes's idea is collapsing infront of our eyes. Since February we have played well at Peterborough and Blackpool. Thats it. Ive no clue what Warne is all about tactically. I see players playing like they are unhappy. This squad is good enough. Time to go for Warne. 

Exactly the same boat as me.

We could go and win 3-0, nothing changes the way I feel. 

3 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

Exactly the same boat as me.

We could go and win 3-0, nothing changes the way I feel. 

We'd still be split as a fanbase, with plenty of people using it as an example of why (apparently) none of these awful performances or results matter. Warne himself after the game would make some comment like "fans are fickle" or "if you read the internet I deserve to be sacked" and totally ignore any of the legitimate criticism he's had so far.

I'm so annoyed at the made-up situation I just invented that I'm off to have another beer out the fridge.

The vibe I get from Clowes is he's pragmatic and safety first, very conservative in decision making. I don't feel he'll be trigger happy but we won't escape this league being boring and pragmatic, we need progressive ideas. Squad we have should be taking these teams apart and I don't really see Warne doing much here, even he admits he's failing.