Pride Park Under Construction

REDCAR

I can remember going down there just after they started laying the pitch, which was just soil, and no turn laid on it. I only got to view from one of the corners, but have no idea which one. I wasn’t allowed to look for long, but was surprised how “square” the pitch looked at the time!

2 hours ago, DavesaRam said:

I can remember going down there just after they started laying the pitch, which was just soil, and no turn laid on it. I only got to view from one of the corners, but have no idea which one. I wasn’t allowed to look for long, but was surprised how “square” the pitch looked at the time!

Same here mate. Used to find an excuse to drive past to watch progress and often managed a quick look inside during construction.

Me dad worked for BR for 32 years on the Pride Park/Chaddesden sidings site so we kept up to date with it all the way through. Dad was chuffed (railway pun intended) that the Roundhouse was saved and still served a useful purpose. He's passed now but every home game i think of him working at the very place the Rams now play at.