How do you follow The Rams?

Day

How do you follow The Rams?  

167 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yes it's a poll, although not a Paul Warne poll you will be pleased to know.

Just curious really as to how you all follow the games this season really, the level of criticism Ed Dawes has received in topic questioning his absence is somewhat surprising given the alternative options we now all have to follow the games.

Don't like, don't watch or listen is the most obvious choice. 

With the poll options, I'm sure some of you will find a way to fall between the crack in the options, happens every time, don't overthink it, just go with what you do the majority of the time.

You can define occasional and rarely yourself, you might think rarely is 1 game every season or 2, others may think 5 games a season is pretty rare, this isn't a setup to throw anyone in the half fan corner to be ignore.

Personal circumstances dictate what we all do in our lives be it where we live, how many mouths we have to feed, hours and days to work, disposable cash.

If you really are struggling to select which option to go for, just click show results and forfeit the vote, nobody will get banned for not voting or publicly shamed. 

9 hours ago, David said:

Yes it's a poll, although not a Paul Warne poll you will be pleased to know.

Just curious really as to how you all follow the games this season really, the level of criticism Ed Dawes has received in topic questioning his absence is somewhat surprising given the alternative options we now all have to follow the games.

Don't like, don't watch or listen is the most obvious choice. 

With the poll options, I'm sure some of you will find a way to fall between the crack in the options, happens every time, don't overthink it, just go with what you do the majority of the time.

You can define occasional and rarely yourself, you might think rarely is 1 game every season or 2, others may think 5 games a season is pretty rare, this isn't a setup to throw anyone in the half fan corner to be ignore.

Personal circumstances dictate what we all do in our lives be it where we live, how many mouths we have to feed, hours and days to work, disposable cash.

If you really are struggling to select which option to go for, just click show results and forfeit the vote, nobody will get banned for not voting or publicly shamed. 

Perhaps some people choose alternative options, because they don't enjoy RD coverage.

Who knows.

It's hard to reach a qualitive conclusion from a quantitive survey.

10 hours ago, sage said:

Perhaps some people choose alternative options, because they don't enjoy RD coverage.

Who knows.

It's hard to reach a qualitive conclusion from a quantitive survey.

Pretty much. For away games, if I have no means to watch then I'd actively avoid Radio Derby and seek out alternative updates.

Living in the Netherlands, I have a RamsTV subscription so see all league games, home and away. Saw the Pompey game live at PP. Booked to come over for Charlton but that's likely to get moved as it's an International weekend so I might move the flights to catch one of the 2 midweek games next month. Booked for 2 games (and a Tuesday to Sunday stay...) in March and will fit 3 or 4 others in over the season. 

Season ticket holder for 10 years.

I started attending a lot of away games but then had a baby. Went to Forest away not long after he was born and quickly realised children come first.

Always been an avid Radio Derby listener, rams TV also. I never quite understand the abuse Ed Dawes, or any of the other commentators receive. Even people who played for our club get stick.

Radio Derby have given me some good memories, Ted McMinns spatt with Fagan, Colin Gibson crying live on air, Ed Dawes also! Ross Fletcher shouting "that's it, we are absolutely going up" after beating Preston at Christmas...and if you weren't fortunate enough to listen to the Graham Richards and Ian Hall days, trust me they were ace!!

Graham Richards slating West Ham just after signing Hartson and Kitson, calling them both donkeys and cart horses..we lost 2 nil..Guess who scored 😆

5 hours ago, MadAmster said:

Living in the Netherlands, I have a RamsTV subscription so see all league games, home and away. Saw the Pompey game live at PP. Booked to come over for Charlton but that's likely to get moved as it's an International weekend so I might move the flights to catch one of the 2 midweek games next month. Booked for 2 games (and a Tuesday to Sunday stay...) in March and will fit 3 or 4 others in over the season. 

I am coming over from Germany to see the Charlton game and have tickets.  Please don't tell me it's likely to be moved!🫢

1 hour ago, A Ram for All Seasons said:

I am coming over from Germany to see the Charlton game and have tickets.  Please don't tell me it's likely to be moved!🫢

I was told by someone at the Lincoln game that the Charlton game had been postponed, but I haven’t seen anything since.

1 hour ago, A Ram for All Seasons said:

International weekend so the game being moved is a possibility. I've only booked the flights so far and they can be changed. Nothing about it on the club website thus far. If it's going to be moved I'd expect we'll see something on dcfc.co.uk by the weekend at the latest. Don't know about your flights and hotel but, if the game gets moved and you can't make the rearranged date, full refunds are in order.  

Interesting takeaway from this is that out of 118 fans surveyed

Home Games 5 usually listen on Radio Derby, compared to 30 watching on RamsTV

Away Games 27 usually listen on Radio Derby, compared to 46 watching on RamsTV

Obviously it doesn't account for those with headphones on listening to commentary whilst at the game. So yeah, quit bitching about Radio Derby commentary as barely of you listen anyway. Oh and big ups to the RamsTV crew from your biggest fan x

56 minutes ago, David said:

Interesting takeaway from this is that out of 118 fans surveyed

Home Games 5 usually listen on Radio Derby, compared to 30 watching on RamsTV

Away Games 27 usually listen on Radio Derby, compared to 46 watching on RamsTV

Obviously it doesn't account for those with headphones on listening to commentary whilst at the game. So yeah, quit bitching about Radio Derby commentary as barely of you listen anyway. Oh and big ups to the RamsTV crew from your biggest fan x

Also interesting that far more RamsTV viewers have to watch away games than home games. Those weekend "trips" abroad are a buggar.

Living a long way away it's a couple of times a season I can go when stars align to make it feasible. Went fairly regularly when I lived in Derbyshire, been to a few away matches, again, when stars align to make it feasible.

So, the radio Derby commentary through the website mostly, occasionally on ramsTV or telly when we're on.

Watch back later on ramsTV depending on time.

Watching a match from afar just isn't the same as being at a match. I often wonder if I should just go to local matches here for that, but, then I think eff the old firm and I struggle to summon an ounce of enthusiasm for partick thistle or anyone else TBH.

So go home and away but if I miss an away game mostly follow on SSN and also listen intermittently to RD  if I’m at home . At home after game for analysis and away on  Sounds .Watched RamsTV during the Covid 19 pandemic with season ticket access for free   

Turn Radio Derby on my mobile on Sounds after home games for analysis. Really like Darren Robinson and Dominic and also like Bolder.  
Used to like Craig Ramage and Rowett and Ian Hall.  
PS Can’t get RD on Sounds for commentary due to broadcast rights. 
Also have Talk Sport and 5live on match days. 

Edited by Curtains
Added

I attend home games religiously... unless I'm on hols... or away camping... or it's a bit cold... or winter evenings... but apart from that, religiously!

For away games, I have started to tune into re-runs of Thunderbirds on UK Gold... which I think is why we have won every away game this season, so I'll keep that up, as it seems to bring us luck.

🐏

On 25/09/2023 at 09:11, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Graham Richards slating West Ham just after signing Hartson and Kitson, calling them both donkeys and cart horses..we lost 2 nil..Guess who scored 😆

They made their West Ham debuts at the Baseball ground but we beat them 1-0 with an Asanovic penalty.